Enhancement Rarity

CaptainAmazing

Hi all,

I'm finding it difficult to manage my recipes and enhancements that i make from them.

Generally i just check my recipes after a mission or a period of time and make the ones that i can and then i sling them in a storage box in an effort to collect sets to use on my various alts.

The challenge I'm having is that once you have made them into an enhancement it is no longer easy to tell the rariry level. As recipes they are coloured yellow, red, purple etc so you can tell at a glance.

Am i missing something or has anyone got any ideas how to help me organise this stuff a bit?

Many thanks in advance.

Neil.

• Like 1

ZERO MERIDIAN (AFFILIATED WITH THE HOUNDS OF L❤️VE) REUNION SERVE

ZM WATCHTOWER, Geosynchronous Low-Earth Orbit, Lat 51.476852 Long -0.000500,

enterbasefrompasscode ZEROMERIDIAN-1121 

ZM Watchtower is for all heroes at all times, all we ask is that you set your visual scale  /vis_scale 10

Unlike most games, City of Heroes doesn't have common IOs, rares, ultra rares and the like for the same enhancement set.    The rarity of a set never changes: Apocalypse is Ultra Rare, Blaster's Wrath is always a AT Origin enhancement, Javelin Volly is always a PVP Enhancement and Accuracy IOs are always common.  You don't have to memorize them, as once they're slotted the rarity doesn't matter really. 

The only enhancement that "changes" rarity is an Archetype Origin enhancement. Uncatalyzed, it's "UNIQUE".  (No more than one of each of the six enhancements in the set can be slotted by a character: you can earn one complete set of Blaster's Wrath enhancements to slot.  That's all your blaster will get from that set... a second copy of those six can't be slotted.)  Catalyzed, it's both Unique and Attuned.  (Attuned means the procs and set bonuses work up to the specified level beneath Level 50.  Some are as kind as Level 10, some are as stingy as no lower than 45.)

One possible self-done fix is in a Super Base, use multiple tables to store enhancements.  Use a table for the commons, another table for ultra rares, and a third one for ATOs.  (Or however you want to organize them.)  If the Super Base is low population, this will generally be easy to enforce, versus a massive group.

Edited by Tahquitz

Inactive account.

Thank you, thats helpful to understand.

Is there a list anywhere of all the enhancements in the game?

ZERO MERIDIAN (AFFILIATED WITH THE HOUNDS OF L❤️VE) REUNION SERVE

ZM WATCHTOWER, Geosynchronous Low-Earth Orbit, Lat 51.476852 Long -0.000500,

enterbasefrompasscode ZEROMERIDIAN-1121 

ZM Watchtower is for all heroes at all times, all we ask is that you set your visual scale  /vis_scale 10

The most comprehensive list is this one:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Enhancement_Sets

The rarity of each set is shown in the set piece table for each set.

(Deleted a bunch of stuff that was confusing or no longer true)

Edited by AboveTheChemist
update link, edits as noted above
  • Like 1