Field medic, bugged?

Sovera

Is Field Medic bugged? How do we test this?

I use Aid Self and my recovery does not move. I do get a buff under 'Current Endurance' that says I get 0.05

Spoiler

nxU0CRn.png?1

but my Current Endurance does not move either. It starts at 130 and stays at 130.

Spoiler

ATHQw9I.png?1

Aid Self tooltip says we should be getting 5% to endurance which doesn't seem to be happening.

Spoiler

YmFHWaB.png?1

I ought to go from 130 to 135, assuming it does not take in account the accolades and tank endurance buff. 5% to Recovery seems logical.

Could it mean we get 5% of our endurance spread over a period of 8.1 seconds? So 5 points of endurance? If this is it then it means Aid Self, once properly IOed, is endurance neutral-ish, but how to test?

If I can toss a vote it would be for both Aid other and Aid Self no longer having an interrupt if having picked Field Medic.

Edited by Sovera

The Endurance effect from Aid Self when you own Field Medic is an Endurance-over-Time (possibly the first and only power with this?), not a recovery or max endurance buff. It ticks 5 times over 8.1 seconds for 5% of your max endurance every 2 seconds. If anything, the real bug is that it shows up in the combat attribute monitoring at all.

• Like 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

I've noticed no difference with or without it, but without numbers this will be difficult to test whether it is working or if the effect is too subtle/low to be eyeballed.

I can 100% assure you it is working, and it's impact is dramatic. When I was leveling my Mind/Sonic Controller I would use Aid Self with Field Medic to reverse situations where my end drain was outpacing my recovery. I'd consider it borderline busted in how powerful it is, if not for Recovery Serum existing.

Whether or not it's providing the listed value would require having your recovery floored.

• 1 year later
On 9/27/2019 at 12:28 PM, Trickshooter said:

The Endurance effect from Aid Self when you own Field Medic is an Endurance-over-Time (possibly the first and only power with this?), not a recovery or max endurance buff. It ticks 5 times over 8.1 seconds for 5% of your max endurance every 2 seconds. If anything, the real bug is that it shows up in the combat attribute monitoring at all.

I believe there is still a problem.  While the general info says the endurance gain is 5%, the detailed info and Combat Abilities only show a .05% gain, which is pretty darn insignificant.  100.05 endurance for just over 8 seconds?  Really??  Five percent should of 100 is 5, not .05.

-- Rock