Where did all the Vampires go?

StellarPancake

*laughs in scaring the hell out of her MSR run mates with Villyenta Duskwisper and her bonded Xavier Tepes Dracula.*

For real though, there aren't enough vamp style characters around, I'd love to run into a few more that aren't over played.

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

I have been running a toon based on a character I played in a World of Darkness pen and paper Sabbat game. He's a flamboyant hair-dresser (tattoo artist in the tabletop) who uses Vicissitude to make changes like tattoos and haircuts 'stick' on creatures that are otherwise immortal and unchangeable. He's a mind/martial Dom on Homecoming and I'd love to meet other vamps while playing him! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later

I've been away from the Isles for far too long. (And I don't remember either of my vampires' names, though I know they were both WoD-inspired, and one was a Jiang-Shi). I've missed the smell of the place, as odd as it may sound. You may yet find me stalking the streets once more, very soon.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 6:43 AM, bpphantom said:

I was in a team last weekend with Dracula and his son. Dude was so lucky to get the name Dracula. I was actually a little jealous. My only entry into the genre is a character who was dressed as a vamp on their way to a Halloween party.

You probably won't read this since it is a post from ancient times I am replying to, but I have a character with the same origin story, lol! My brother! Now a level 50. vampirebro.png.dd88fe29c967eaf85b2532a6b4306fc6.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 5 weeks later

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I made one for ToTing that I plan to keep! Countess Janet, last living descendant of Dracula who inherited his title and his vampirism (better or worse than spending a night in a haunted mansion?)

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

I have a character I'm planning to use if everything turns out as planned. It's a yet unnamed mosquito creature. Certainly isn't a vampire but also needs to drink blood to survive. As you can see, it has three straws where a mouth should be which it uses to suck blood.

pHV0Zk3.jpg

Edited by Palehood

19 hours ago, Palehood said:

Seasons don't fear the reaper and neither do the wind.....sorry wrong song.

... maybe this one ....

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

... well ... maybe the undead are all staked out in the sun at this point ...

• 9 months later

My current main, The Tranarchist, is a vampire. She's loosely based on a Lasombra I (too briefly) played in Vampire: The Masquerade (V20/4th edition). Since the tabletop version had shadow controlling powers, I originally made her a Darkness Controller. But that wound up being no fun to solo, so I've rebooted her as a Necromancy/Darkness Mastermind, which has been super fun so far. (Who better than a Necromancer to raise this thread? 😅) She started as a Hero but she'll probably go Vigilante pretty quickly.

Since she's trans, she didn't start HRT until after her first puberty, and she didn't have much in the way of surgery before she became undead, I played around with the face and body sliders to try to make her more visibly trans. I started with the "Strong" face shape and then tweaked from there, made her whole head slightly larger in proportion to her body than usual, maxed out her shoulders while minimizing her hips, and cranked her physique up to the max. (I admit I also maxxed out the bust slider and that was purely self-indulgent on my part. I can have a little wish fulfillment as a treat.) I plan to periodically and indefinitely keep changing her hair color and I don't intend for it to ever be natural.

She originally had a trenchcoat but I decided to give her wings, so I chose the Bone Wings, because she's a Necromancer so it made sense to me that she could graft those on. The wings are only on her second costume, which is identical to her first in every other respect, so when I hit the macros I created she does an emote and switches from one to the other, so she only has wings when she's actually Hovering. She gets around on the ground in Panther Form (feels thematic) and in the air with Hover + Teleport (taking shortcuts through the same extradimensional Netherworld that Darkness powers tap into).

I used the Slime aura to make it look like she's cutting herself open and draining her own blood to fuel her powers and animate her zombies, except for Twilight Grasp and Life Drain, which she uses to drain her victim's blood from across the room like the titular protagonist of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain.

image.thumb.png.3bba708319cc78de9e62b17e50601870.pngimage.thumb.png.fdfc66181560e6004d1b7204eff99f29.pngimage.png.a1091a1cc63a1f1c429021f7653f1ac3.pngimage.png.c54b27e90d2d2b8a1d83a9cb8b761dc4.pngimage.png.5c776c667def081b5ad2d593ba99579a.pngimage.png.ccf1d838bf942601bfe4c6f83b053481.pngimage.thumb.png.9169c081806300525b5c7c93fbc27367.pngimage.png.c5447a569d68e7c081ff94d520aac15e.pngimage.png.ad020e2d9c3fe92ca10493973393fc65.pngimage.png.2ae93995e8eea2fcf39ca1b29791f338.pngimage.png.da52f7cef9036a2b986e04009ba1b3b8.pngimage.png.1620b920e8848ddbfb87465c1d8aa648.png

image.png

Edited by AmeliaHealYa

On 8/22/2022 at 8:37 PM, AmeliaHealYa said:

I used the Slime aura to make it look like she's cutting herself open and draining her own blood to fuel her powers and animate her zombies, except for Twilight Grasp and Life Drain, which she uses to drain her victim's blood from across the room like the titular protagonist of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain.

You know what works better than the Slime aura for blood? Pick Clunker aura and select the "Path" option. It was intended to look like a robot/mech suit is leaving a trail of oil behind it, but colour it red and looks like blood.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later

• 1 month later

I saw one toon the other day that was based off the Tremere Clan from VTM. Can't remember if they were part of a vampire-specific supergroup though.

I must say, however, it was quite the collision of universes to stumble upon a Tremere in Paragon City. :classic_laugh:

Might have been Phoebus, now that I read through some of the additional comments: 

On 10/6/2019 at 10:40 PM, Phoebus said:

I play 16 WoD-themed characters, of which I think 11 are vampires!

I also admin the City of Darkness global channel, which was created with the intention of linking the greater WoD community within CoX together. It's slow going trying to build it up. I keep going back and forth on whether I should make a thread to correspond with this global channel in the Roleplaying forum, but I am truthfully not sure how it would be received.

As far as just general vampires, I feel like I see heaps, but usually in Pocket D (after sunset).