Replace attuned with boostable crafted at 50?

dmaker

Do many people do this? If I replaced all my attuned IOs for crafted ones, I could boost each one to +5 and go from 53% to 62% (iirc). That much efficacy is fairly significant, it seems to me. The costs would be extraordinary, however.  I would need a ton of enhancement unslotters, then sell the existing ones, then replace each one with a 7.5 million extra per IO to cover 5 boosters. They usually sell for about 1.5 million. 

That's a lot of cost and effort. I'm curious if this is something that people do. Do you find it is worthwhile?

Thanks!

Or use the build 2 or 3.

+5 builds can be very effective but it requires you to build with the +5 in mind.

So all AT / build dont benefit at the same level of a "full" +5 build.

+5 IOs have 2 goals :

1) having more with 6 slots : a +5 set will give you 10% more of all stats covered.

2) having the same effect with less slot  : Hasten is cap with 2 io +5, instead of the classical 3 slots.

1 thing is sure : +5 io are more powerfull but is it worth ?

It s totally based on your will to do it.

Nothing in the game requires a full +5 build.

But if you really want to min / max your toon 100%, +5 build is the way to go.

Edited by Tsuko

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

I don't see the value in going to 50+5's over attuned.  The benefit is marginal and level 50 play is a cake walk for most builds and teams.  

However, if you ever want to exemplar, attuned builds are great.  Just ran through Yin, Manticore and Citadel last week and having all (or most) of my set bonuses for those makes everything a lot easier.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Omega-202 said:

I don't see the value in going to 50+5's over attuned.  The benefit is marginal and level 50 play is a cake walk for most builds and teams.  

However, if you ever want to exemplar, attuned builds are great.  Just ran through Yin, Manticore and Citadel last week and having all (or most) of my set bonuses for those makes everything a lot easier.  

This.  All of my yellow/orange sets are attuned so I can enjoy the bonuses while exemplared.  All of my purple sets are boosted +5, because purple set bonuses always exemplar.  Any remaining common IOs are also +5 boosted.  Simplified rule of thumb:

• BOOST commons and purples.
  • ATTUNE everything else.*

(*: Assuming you care about/want to exemplar.  If you don't/rarely exemplar, then you don't need attunements at all.)

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

2 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

Also PVP IOs are good for boosting.

If all that you are using are the uniques, then either gathering them at the minimum level or using Attuned is the way to go. Shield Wall, Gladiator’s Armor and Panacea uniques all slotted at level 7 are very useful.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward