Mind Control - A few Questions

Sarkastik Observer

I really like mind control and I have a build in mind that i think will do everything i want on my troller once I'm able to work out the IO's and everything on pines for my theme.

I just have 3 questions.

1) Is there any reason why terrify doesn't proc containment?

2) Is there a re-work for telekinesis being planned? 

3) Is there a plan to lower the cooldown time on mass confusion? 

Mind Control needs just a little bit of love to bring it up to par with other controller sets. Mass Hypnosis could use a debuff or something. Idk if this applies to Total Domination as well. When wind control comes out will there be any reason to even look at this power set?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Sarkastik Observer

1) The terrorize/fear conditions do not trigger Containment. Containment requires hold/disorient/immobilize/sleep.

2) Not that I am aware of. It's pretty much an autoskip power.

3) No, as lowering the cooldown on Mass Confusion would make it way too broken at high levels of recharge. It's already possible to get it up every 60 seconds in the right build, after all. And it's basically a one-button spawn killer.

Mind Control is slightly weak on Controllers, since it is fairly low damage and lacks a pet. However, it is god-tier on a Dominator, so if you like the set but aren't enjoying it on your controller, maybe give that a try.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sarkastik Observer said:

2) Is there a re-work for telekinesis being planned?

Believe me ... I'VE TRIED ... to get Telekinesis unnerfed!

3 hours ago, The_Cheeseman said:

Mind Control is slightly weak on Controllers, since it is fairly low damage and lacks a pet. However, it is god-tier on a Dominator, so if you like the set but aren't enjoying it on your controller, maybe give that a try.

Perhaps a better way to think of it is that when Mind Control is "doing its thing RIGHT" you're fighting in a City of Statues context such that a support based secondary becomes largely superfluous (except as a way to amplify damage output).  In that context, you'll often times find that Mind Control on a Dominator simply offers more options, since a Dominator plays kind of like a Blaster who can mez, rather than like a Defender who can mez.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

It does, it puts mobs to sleep. Other than that, what effect are you talking about?

Mass Hypnosis doesn't aggro mobs, and having it do damage would cause it to aggro... a small amount of damage isn't worth losing a major benefit of the power.

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

Mass Hypnosis doesn't aggro mobs

However, ironically, it doesn't debuff their Perception either, so it's perfectly possible to Mass Hypnosis a group, move through them and have them all aggro onto you just from proximity while they were Sleeping.  You can tell too because they'll "shift position" while asleep and make a noise to indicate that they've aggroed onto you ... all while being prevented from doing anything about it while they're asleep.  Just one of the leftovers from EARLY game design where there basically was no Perception debuffing going on to benefit the Players lining up with Sleep effects (and which would presumably be dependent upon Sleep in a way that would expire the Perception debuff when Sleep is broken/expires).

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

4 hours ago, Coyote said:

It does, it puts mobs to sleep. Other than that, what effect are you talking about?

Mass Hypnosis doesn't aggro mobs, and having it do damage would cause it to aggro... a small amount of damage isn't worth losing a major benefit of the power.

Salt Crystals puts them to sleep and does a -Def as well.. No dmg that i know of according to city of data. You might be telling me something.