Difference between 3 and 7 KB protection?

Demon Shell

I have a character with 3 Knockback Protection via the PvP set bonus. I have an extra slot in its build and I'm torn on what to do with it.

One of the options is to slot the +4 Knockback protection IO. But would this have much functional difference in PvE content? Are there many knockbacks that are greater than 3 but less than 7?

I still need a set slotted into the power, but should I maybe drop the PvP set bonus in favor of a different set and just use the IO?

I'm good on +rech. I'm good on +def.

Edited by Demon Shell

1 hour ago, Sakai said:

Acrobatics gives you 10?

In mids it gives 9. Anyway acrobatics plus a single anti-KB IO will be a pretty thorough protection from most knockbacks in the game, totalling a good 13. Alternatively a similar effect could be achieved with 3 IOs.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

Here is a list of enemy KB powers:  https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Knockback/Enemies_with_Knockback_Powers

Just skimming it, there doesn't appear to be a ton between 3 and 7, but I quickly scrolled through.

Thanks! This is great!

Sorting the list by KB mag there's quite a few between 3 and 7. And while I knew there was certainly a few between 3 and 4 (I've felt the difference), there's more between 3 and 4 then between all of 4 and 7.

I think I'll keep it at 7 for variety's sake, but the real take away is that 4 seems to be a much more important number than 3 for KB protection. There's some really noteworthy ones, like anything with Telekinetic Blast or Swarm Missiles having a KB of 4 (which are most VGs with robots or psychics, including Rikti Pylons).

• Like 1

I evaluated this quite a while ago, but from what I remember mag 4 protects you from ~95% of KB and mag 8 from ~99%. I go for 4 on my squishies, but for a melee character I'd go with 8 unless you have a slot to spare to go for 12.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

16 hours ago, Demon Shell said:

I think I'll keep it at 7 for variety's sake, but the real take away is that 4 seems to be a much more important number than 3 for KB protection. There's some really noteworthy ones, like anything with Telekinetic Blast or Swarm Missiles having a KB of 4 (which are most VGs with robots or psychics, including Rikti Pylons).

Pylons are higher than that, or at least can be; I've been knocked back through mag 8 protection.

4 minutes ago, Eva Destruction said:

Pylons are higher than that, or at least can be; I've been knocked back through mag 8 protection.

What do you know? A quick search on the page for "Pylon" revealed that they have a second Swarm Missile that's 8.

Such a good page!