Crafting discount tickets awarding erratically?

Yep, Nope is right

I do not know the exact details of how long it is supposed to take a crafting discount ticket from the day job accolade badge Entrepreneur to appear in your inventory. I have successfully gotten them on multiple characters. Nearly every character I've created, as it happens. My main crafting character I've been parking in a shop now for about 2 weeks at the end of every login. He has accumulated 3.

Difficult to say for certain, but what I think MAY be happening is the system is only awarding a discount ticket if I do not log in for the entire period it is supposed to take to grant one. Since I log into this character every day, sometimes more than once, he is getting one only occasionally. If I am right that is what's happening, that behavior is unlike any other dayjob accolade power I am aware of. No way for me to tell with the limited information available to a player, but it almost looks like all progress toward the next discount ticket is discarded each time I log on or something.

So far as I can tell without keeping more records, the only reason I ever get any is that occasionally I am busy enough in real life not to log in for an entire day. That's of course more likely on some of my alts I do not play as often. In any case, the production rate of these discount tickets is nearly non-existent unless I park a character in the shop and just let them sit for a week or so at a time without logging into that hero. I very much doubt this is working as intended, just wanted to point out to the developer team what I've observed so they can add it to their copious list of things to test.

Limiting my already guarded posting both here & discord. Just too toxic for my tastes, & the mods do not seem to care.

https://cit.cohtitan.com/profile/3066

I am fairly ignorant of day job bonuses but I seem to recall that someone said they are awarded one per day so if you aren't seeing that then its bugged.  Have you tried different stores or zones?  Maybe its just one that is bugged and another will work.

As an aside...if I have multiple toons with this bonus (I tend to log out at stores on any toon below 22) is it possible to email the discount tickets from other toons to the crafting toon?  I haven't used the bonus yet so I don't know how it manifests, as a temp power or as salvage like merits or what.  Just thinking my crafting toom could benefit from @global parking.

Edited by EmmySky

18 hours ago, TheHunterJLJ said:

Difficult to say for certain, but what I think MAY be happening is the system is only awarding a discount ticket if I do not log in for the entire period it is supposed to take to grant one. Since I log into this character every day, sometimes more than once, he is getting one only occasionally. If I am right that is what's happening, that behavior is unlike any other dayjob accolade power I am aware of. No way for me to tell with the limited information available to a player, but it almost looks like all progress toward the next discount ticket is discarded each time I log on or something.

Based on my experience with the awarding of the discount tickets, I came to this same conclusion. I didn't really notice a substantial uptick in the number of coupons I received until I had to work extended hours for Hurricane Dorian and didn't get a chance to login for several days. According to a dev, it should reward one every 24 hours.

These coupons cannot be traded.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't mind the 24 hour span to get another discount ticket. But it DOES seem inconsistent that it has to be 24 hours CONSECUTIVE logged off, and the counter resets when you do log in no matter how close you are. I may be wrong, but it does not appear that the other accolade powers work that way. Nor does the cumulative time for badges like Pocket D VIP have to be done in one unbroken span.

What I've been doing as a work-around is log off alts in the shop and let them sit for several days at a time. You can't move the tickets around, but you CAN hand off crafting of expensive set IOs that you can't get a discount any other way to someone who has accumulated a lot of tickets. I just wish this accolade worked like most other things in CoH seem to, and credited you for the cumulative time and not discard any progress when you log in before completion.

• Like 1

Limiting my already guarded posting both here & discord. Just too toxic for my tastes, & the mods do not seem to care.

https://cit.cohtitan.com/profile/3066