Changing Out Incarnate Powers

Clave Dark 5

Quick question that occurred to me: say I've chosen whatever Incarnate power for a character, got the first slot filled (or even further in) and then I decide I made a mistake and should have chosen another one.  Can that be changed?  How?  I'm assuming I would just craft up the thing to slot for the tree I want now and slit it, which would override the original choice.  Is that how it works?

Also, I know this has been asked before, but if I respec, I don't have to re-slot all the Incarnate slots, right?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Correct on both accounts. You’d need to craft the new incarnate power. You’ll notice on the equip screen for incarnates that any powers you have crafted will be listed on the right and one can be slotted at a time. Having multiple incarnate powers can make you quite adaptable.

And incarnate powers are slotted independent of respecs.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

To be absolutely clear, crafting a different incarnate power for a certain slot doesn’t overwrite the current one. When you’re in the slotting tab of the incarnate power window, you get all your currently crafted powers in a list and can switch (with a timer). 

So you can have in theory all top tier powers and as Lines said be very adaptable. 

• Like 1

Whoa, I had no idea, that is pretty cool.  Thanks for the answers.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

As long as you have components, you can craft ALL incarnate powers. Don't sweat it if you crafted a wrong T1 or T2 power either, they are crafted purely from Incarnate threads that drop literally all the time.

You will naturally get a lot of incarnate merits just from leveling, too. I'm nearing VL100 (when merits stop being awarded), and while I only have one of each T4 Alpha, Interface, Hybrid and Judgment, I have four T4 Destinies and working on the fifth, and three T4 Lores.

• Like 1

This seems like a good time to point out that since we're all able to have multiple of the same incarnate slot, it's a great idea to have at least tier 1 of the team teleport power.

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

2 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

This seems like a good time to point out that since we're all able to have multiple of the same incarnate slot, it's a great idea to have at least tier 1 of the team teleport power.

This is a fantastic suggestion! I'm going to do this on all of my characters ASAP.

7 hours ago, Extor Prime said:

As long as you have components, you can craft ALL incarnate powers. Don't sweat it if you crafted a wrong T1 or T2 power either, they are crafted purely from Incarnate threads that drop literally all the time.

You will naturally get a lot of incarnate merits just from leveling, too. I'm nearing VL100 (when merits stop being awarded), and while I only have one of each T4 Alpha, Interface, Hybrid and Judgment, I have four T4 Destinies and working on the fifth, and three T4 Lores.

To add to this, repeating the first DA arc can be done quickly and as many times as you want without a cool down, so it's a great way to get some Incarnate components. If set to -1x8 I've cleared it in under ten minutes, though only that fast one time. 11-13 minutes is relatively easy to do if you move fast and learn what mobs matter for completion and figure out the general spawn points for glowies.

• Like 2

• 2 years later