Can MM do anything fun

kiramon

Like all classes we've got our mehs, our decent sets, and our ludicrious powerhouses. Different people have different opinions on how to get there. Bots are king of AOE damage, that's just true the same way that /fire being the best secondary for brutes is true. Bots for farming? You want to softcap your defenses. /FF will do it slow as fuck. /Traps will do it and give you crazy debuffs, so will /time. Thugs can be built for it but it's hard, they're flimsier. People can and do farm with a number of combinations. My bots/traps can tank +4x8 ITF and solo it with full incarnates. 

It's a different class. Our power works in different ways. Pets are important, you have to want to manage them. Built right, MMs can be tank, damage, and team support all in one. It feels like an epic class without being one, and no other game has a class remotely like it. Not in the nuances. 

• Like 2

My Thugs/Time is a fairly good farmer on solo radios. Probably better in AE on easy mobs in missions. The key is Arsonist's burn. 

I think the best AE MM farmer would be IMO Robots/Time/Heat.

Assault Bot has strong AoE. Make sure to slot Sudden Acceleration KD proc in him.

Little Bots with Overwhelming Force KD proc help with control. 

Heat Mastery for Burn as AoE dam and also control with KD proc.

It's no Fire/Spines Brute, but should work well.

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Necro is more single Target focused since the grave Knights are your damage dealers. The zombies have small cones, but it's not enough to be considered a feature. Necro solo is just great, but they don't necessarily make good farmers. 

Seriously just play what you Love. You don't have to farm. I make plenty of money with my defenders controllers and masterminds.

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

6 hours ago, Force Redux said:

My Thugs/Time is a fairly good farmer on solo radios. Probably better in AE on easy mobs in missions. The key is Arsonist's burn. 

I think the best AE MM farmer would be IMO Robots/Time/Heat.

Assault Bot has strong AoE. Make sure to slot Sudden Acceleration KD proc in him.

Little Bots with Overwhelming Force KD proc help with control. 

Heat Mastery for Burn as AoE dam and also control with KD proc.

It's no Fire/Spines Brute, but should work well.

Mu is the farmer epic for Bots, and only mu. Electric fences is far, far too good to give up. Slotted out it's a 35+ second immob on a 10 second recharge and that immob has -kb which means your bots cannot remove immobilized mobs from burn patches. Can't. 

Time is a solid pick, but /traps is better. At 50, especially with ageless to help with recharge, Traps does way way more AOE damage than /time does. Caltrops I have 6 slot with 5 damage procs and 1 slow. Poison trap and acid mortar both have long ass recharges and are prime for proccing out as well, but I prefer the debuffs those provide, slotting hold in poison trap and -def and recharge in acid mortar so that they're both up constantly. 

/time is safe. It'll do a good job of keeping your bots alive in a farming environment, especially if you're on point with farsight every 2 minutes on the dot. 

/Traps is safe, but it'll debuff defenses and resistance, letting your bots hit high level enemies more (and pets need it against more than +2). It gives you seekers to take the alpha and draw aggro, as well as debuff enemy tohit in a decent AOE. Caltrops help keep enemies out of melee where they can really have a damage rotation including all their melee and ranged attacks, leaving them just shooting ranged = less incoming damage much the same way that the -rech of /time does. Triage beacon is highly underestimated. It too can proc things like absorb procs on everyone in it's radius, but even if just slotted for regen the cool thing about triage becon is it heals at a percentage rate, using regen. So, your T3 pet gets healed for more per second than your T1s. 

I'm totally plugging for /traps, and I'll say it's a late blooming set for sure. It doesn't really shine until you get enough recharge to have your traps up pretty regularly, to be able to drop an acid mortar at every troublesome enemy group or drop seekers. If you want to actually farm, and you want to do it on +3 or +4 x8, /traps is the set that will enable your pets to do the most damage without being a /kin who's pets will die in 5 seconds at higher level play/in incarnate material. Put a -res in caltrops and use acid mortar and thats -40% resistance and at least -20% or something defense on an enemy group. Bots do alot more damage when your secondary can stack -resistance like that. And you can drop the resistance proc in caltrops early.  With good management a bots/traps can melt enemies almost as fast as a fire farmer can. Burn patches are that good, and your assault bot can fire up to 16 of them every 16 seconds, each with a 5 target max limit per burn patch. Hit the center of a mob group with electric fences, throw fast recharging web grenades at the bosses to immobilize them until fences is ready for a double stack, and nothing leaves your burn patch and mob groups absolutely melt in front of you. 

Edited by TheSpiritFox
  • Like 3

I have farmed with my Robot Traps on the city map one.. 

Again not as fast as a brute fire farmer but it is doable..

Slightly off topic but I have farmed a rad fire brute on a second account with my AR device on a city SL Farm. I took  me several days. But NOW I am farming up toons to level 50 in 2 days of mixed play. 

Nonetheless all those petless builds are farmed. I make about 300k omw up to level 50 as well.  Which I send over to the toon to buy the  build.

On 10/20/2019 at 9:48 PM, kiramon said:

Like I mean farm ? Looking to do some easy farming without being a fire brute, was wondering if it could be accomplished with some mm 

Depends on what you consider fun.  Running an MM is a rather fiddly exercise compared to most other ATs. 

I dunno if you can farm with them, but I do know that when I had my Mercs/Nature MM doing the PI motel trick-or-treating, I was able to get up and get some coffee while running Life-giving Spores patch with my Mercs set in the middle, on a "stay attack" command.  I didn't even have to rush.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝