Body - Huge Female

BlackMilk_

Hiya!

Just wondering if there were any plans to add a body type to the list for giant ladies! Well, not just length. But size in all manners like with the regular "Huge" type.

I'm not bothered by the lack of it, I don't need it and the lack of it existing is not a dealbreaker for me - before anyone asks.

It'd just be fun to have some female characters that aren't just tall but also have the "volume" of the huge male! 😄

I'm sure this has been brought up some time before but I couldn't find it in a quick online search. It's probably too specific and small a thing to really be requested and I can imagine that maybe it's not in the works because the idea is to not mess around too much with the original game code or something?

It's fine for me either way, I'm just really curious about it. I can think of some fun things to do (maybe also RP-wise) if such a body type was available.

Thank you!

• Like 1

I think at some point someone important said that 'huge' was meant to be androgynous. Yeah, right.

Last I heard, folks were still trying to backwards engineer CoH models into some usable or modifiable state. We're only seeing extra textures being added at this point, we might be a little ways from seeing new 3D models enter the game. A whole new character body would be a long way after that, since they would need their own variation of aaaaaaaaall the costume options.

49 minutes ago, Lines said:

I think at some point someone important said that 'huge' was meant to be androgynous. Yeah, right.

Last I heard, folks were still trying to backwards engineer CoH models into some usable or modifiable state. We're only seeing extra textures being added at this point, we might be a little ways from seeing new 3D models enter the game. A whole new character body would be a long way after that, since they would need their own variation of aaaaaaaaall the costume options.

Ah right. So one could safely assume that (besides it not being any priority, I suppose) it's also because of the difficulty involved in making it happen.

My game coding knowledge is absolutely minimal so I'm usually just guessing!

And yeah, androgynous seems like a nonsense reply to the question!

If that carried any weight, surely there'd only be "Normal" and "Huge" - leaving players to fill in the blanks with further body customisation. I think that's what they're doing in Cyberpunk 2077? Not the huge thing, but "achieving" a gender (identity, since it's 2019) through manual customisation.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Here's the difficulty in making it happen: you'll have to convert and rebuild every single costume part in the game for the new model. Every. Single. One.

It would be difficult enough to do that if the model was static, but it isn't, it has sliders so players can deform it to a not-insignificant degree. Had there been a 'huge female' model from the beginning this wouldn't have been too soul destroying as there would only be a handful of new costume piece additions added at a time, but instead we have a decade of costume piece expansion and you'd have to convert the whole damn lot in one giant go.

No matter how difficult it would be in isolation, just making the huge female model would be the hilariously easy part. Getting it to wear the costume parts....

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

You can, however, create a character with the existing Huge body type that is recognized with female pronouns by the game engine. Just exit character creation with your first costume slot using the Female body type, and then visit an ICON surgeon or Facemaker to change any slot other than the default first slot to the Huge body type.

In fact, when a character is a musclegiant like that, feminine secondary sex characteristics start to be overwritten by the muscle in the first place. It's why female bodybuilders don't often have much in the way of breast projection, or hips significantly/noticeably wider than their waists.

Example: https://i.pinimg.com/474x/f7/fe/76/f7fe7611afd7edadf4a9d43d3e3330fd--womens-bodybuilding-bodybuilding-motivation.jpg

(note: bikini and giant muscles. possibly slightly NSFW, but not really)

• Like 1

I am all-for breaking down the gender barriers on the existing models.  Let me have the glam hair on a "male" or a skirt on a "huge."  We don't need to make a whole new "gender model" if we could just meaningfully make the existing models more flexible.  

Let's also make the breast slider reduce further.  Now, I know that might get some foamy ranting from certain people, but I'm not saying "reduce the maximum breast size."  I'd just like to go completely flat, please.  As though my character is using a binder, you know?

And split the three Walks in to three separate Toggle Powers:  Strut (current Male animation), Saunter (current Female animation), and Lurch (current Huge animation).  I mean, come -ON- Paragon Studios; how did that even get past the initial development phase?

9 minutes ago, MetaVileTerror said:

I am all-for breaking down the gender barriers on the existing models.  Let me have the glam hair on a "male" or a skirt on a "huge."  We don't need to make a whole new "gender model" if we could just meaningfully make the existing models more flexible.  

Let's also make the breast slider reduce further.  Now, I know that might get some foamy ranting from certain people, but I'm not saying "reduce the maximum breast size."  I'd just like to go completely flat, please.  As though my character is using a binder, you know?

And split the three Walks in to three separate Toggle Powers:  Strut (current Male animation), Saunter (current Female animation), and Lurch (current Huge animation).  I mean, come -ON- Paragon Studios; how did that even get past the initial development phase?

The Walk Powers were pretty resource intensive, honestly. Every time a new power is made with a new animation that animation has to be redone for two more models, 'cause they don't just "Share" by default. If they did, the Huge Body's Biceps might clip into their head on some of the powers that make the character raise their arm.

Sharing every walk power across the models would be a pretty big undertaking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MetaVileTerror said:

Let me have the glam hair on a "male" or a skirt on a "huge."  We don't need to make a whole new "gender model" if we could just meaningfully make the existing models more flexible.  

And call it costume proliferation

And it's not just the "out there" thing like a dude in a tutu but more importantly the small things like the cigar or the buzcut for women and the witch hat for guys. Some of the tight with skin options for females would make a grand punker option for guys.... 

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2019 at 4:26 AM, Lines said:

If it had been easy to do, I suspect that Paragon Studios would have worked some way to work out a deal like Blizzard has with Figureprints, where you can select a character and their pose and have a statuette color 3D printed (example gallery here) or that Perfect World did with Gameprints for ordering 3D prints of your ships in Star Trek Online.

• Retired Game Master

Yeah I believe the issue is the entire model/animation system in CoH is proprietary and if Cryptic/Paragon had specialized tools to work with them, they aren't available now. Work is being done, probably by multiple groups on this front (I'm only aware of OuroDev, but I wouldn't be surprised if others were taking a crack at it too) but I have no idea where any of them are. 

Edited by GM Sijin
  • Thanks 1

Proprietary or not, I've also the impression that it was never built with a lot of future-proofing in the first place.  At the very least, though, I would assume (and I know that makes me an ass) that proliferating existing costume geometry would be a simpler affair then trying to build, rig, and animate material from scratch.  I realize I could be very wrong, of course, as it might be _that_ level of future-un'proofed, but judging by the direction of newer NPC models utilizing the same assets as player models, I have a feeling that inroads were being made close to Sunset.  It would be nice if we could pick up where they left off in that regard.