Homecoming Wiki

Ukase

So...a thought occurred to me after I got a gentle rebuke from Paragon Wiki. 

I wasn't thinking about how they were trying to keep the wiki as the game was when it shut down - not with the new changes. Just a minor thing I'd changed, the number of reward merits for something. 

Apparently, I missed the memo on how our HC devs upped the reward merits a smidge, compared to how things were before the shutdown. So, they took my change out. 

So, with that, I know I'm not the only one who refers to Paragon Wiki for about 95% of things when I'm unclear on the best place to hunt certain things, or if I want to get an idea if I can solo a tf, etc. 

I'm wondering if there would be someone with more tech-savvy abilities than I have who could just port over a copy of the Paragon Wiki - maybe change some things, like calling it HC Wiki, and then folks like me could begin to update it to how things are in this version. 

The only reason I make the suggestion is because I was under the impression that Tony V has stepped away from The Titan Network, and that the HC team has arranged some sort of partnership with them. Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding something, but I think a wiki would be quite useful. 

• Retired Game Master

Great suggestion! Last I heard this is a work in progress. Unfortunately it isn't as simple as copy & paste and done and on top of that the team is pretty busy. We'll have to continue to be patient on this front.

There's a few topics on this already with Caution in the comments. There have already been efforts to recover things like the old forums and such as well, but most of these projects lack solid funding, time, and energy. Sorta like a game running off of blood, sweat, and tears...we have to work at the pace we get handed in life. Well, unless someone knows a RL Tony Stark...or maybe a Gamer version of Oprah? :p

Edited by WanderingAries

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

If/when the game becomes legit and isn't effectively only in existence because NCSoft can't be bothered to throw lawyers at it, then it will be worthwhile making a new wiki (or adapting an old one). But it will depend on which flavour of reincarnated CoX it is that moves forward. This is especially true if you don't end up using an old wiki as the basis for the new one, it's a huge amount of work for such a large game.