Consistent damage Secondary choice?

Kabuki

Howdy all, I am trying decide on a Secondary to go with WP, to be able to provide consistent, solid damage output (I know, Tanker not a Brute, but I am working on a theme here!) to work as a reliable solo content character, out of the following choices: (again, has to fit the theme, so not everything is on the table)

Katana
Broad Sword

Street Justice
Claws

Electric Melee

Dual Blades

Dark Melee is an outlier option, but I have a few (non tanker versions) already, so trying for something different, unless it is just the best damage output option.

Martial Arts I have done into the 30s and it just feels extremely clunky and underwhelming.

Super Strength, War Mace, Titan Weapons I have a few of already, hence the search for something different.

Any advice would be appreciated.

*The theme in question is a former character from live, lost her previous powers (Dark Melee), and being brought back as a cyborg, which is why I am trying to limit the choices to a more Street Samurai/techie stuff feel.

Edited by CosmicDreamShade
edited to add Dual Blades, which I somehow forgot.

I'd go Electric Melee.  Great AoE, less resisted damage type, dramatic attacks, a fantastic opener (Lightning Rod), and thematically easily paired with the Mu Epic pool.  I love the set, especially for Tankers.  

Out of all those listed it also emphasizes the cyborg nature of the returned character the most.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sura said:

I'd go Electric Melee.  ...

Out of all those listed it also emphasizes the cyborg nature of the returned character the most.  

That was kinda what I was thinking, and it is also a power set I don't currently have in use.

I'm going to buck the trend a bit and suggest Spines; Quills will help with WP's infamously weak aggro aura and it's going to give you a ton of AOE.  You can use the metallic spines option to fit your techno theme. 

If you're feeling a bit squishy then I'd go with either Kat or BS for Parry, both are solid sets with Kat being faster but lower damage and BS being slower and harder hitting.  If you want a set that really FEELS like it hits like a truck how about Stone Melee?  Fault is an excellent attention-getter and takes lots of damage Procs; since it has a fairly long out of the box recharge those procs fire pretty reliably, I have three on CMA and I usually get at least two firing on most all the mobs in the AOE.  And of course Seismic Smash hits like an out of control bulldozer with a MAG 4 hold built in.  Fitting the theme may be an issue but you can use the crystal customization and color it as an energy effect maybe?  Solid holograms ala Star Trek Holodeck?

Electric Melee isn't bad by any means, I'm playing an Elec/Shield stalker that works extremely well, but with tanker numbers the set may let you down a bit lacking a single heavy hitter.

• Like 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Call Me Awesome said:

I'm going to buck the trend a bit and suggest Spines; Quills will help with WP's infamously weak aggro aura and it's going to give you a ton of AOE.  You can use the metallic spines option to fit your techno theme. 

If you're feeling a bit squishy then I'd go with either Kat or BS for Parry, both are solid sets with Kat being faster but lower damage and BS being slower and harder hitting.  If you want a set that really FEELS like it hits like a truck how about Stone Melee?  Fault is an excellent attention-getter and takes lots of damage Procs; since it has a fairly long out of the box recharge those procs fire pretty reliably, I have three on CMA and I usually get at least two firing on most all the mobs in the AOE.  And of course Seismic Smash hits like an out of control bulldozer with a MAG 4 hold built in.  Fitting the theme may be an issue but you can use the crystal customization and color it as an energy effect maybe?  Solid holograms ala Star Trek Holodeck?

Electric Melee isn't bad by any means, I'm playing an Elec/Shield stalker that works extremely well, but with tanker numbers the set may let you down a bit lacking a single heavy hitter.

While I appreciate your response, the fact is that Spines and Stone Melee are both out thematically, and I already have a Spines Brute. Katana was high on my list for the Street Samurai Shadowrun Cyborg theme, but ultimately I did go with Electric Melee as it just felt right. She is only level 10 after doing the Kalinda chain on Mercy Island, but so far I like it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CosmicDreamShade said:

While I appreciate your response, the fact is that Spines and Stone Melee are both out thematically, and I already have a Spines Brute. Katana was high on my list for the Street Samurai Shadowrun Cyborg theme, but ultimately I did go with Electric Melee as it just felt right. She is only level 10 after doing the Kalinda chain on Mercy Island, but so far I like it.

By all means go with what feels right to you; the combo should work just fine for you.

• Like 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

Katana should be fine. It has fairly rapid attacks that make for good consistency with its damage, and has the crown jewel of Divine Avalanche making you practically unhittable in melee all on its own. There's pretty much nothing that says 'consistent' more than the stacking defence of Divine Avalanche and regeneration of Willpower making you an OP degree of unkillable in a lot of situations from a relatively ridiculously low level, so you can just relentlessly slice everything to pieces.

• Like 2

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

Spines goes a long way to shoring up WP's weaker taunt aura.  Once you have Quills it won't be an issue. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 11/1/2019 at 9:34 AM, FUBARczar said:

Need more love for StJ especially if you are going with WP.  Good damage, and WP will allow you to have more fun with combo's.   You'll get some -def and -res in attacks, pretty good slotting choices, etc.

if not that, then Dual Blades

Street Justice. I love my WP/SJ Tanker.

• Like 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward