Nuthin' but Task Forces.

Fista

My proposal is to take a character from 1 to 50 doing nothing but TFs. Each TF can be run only once. The exception being DFB  as you need to get to eight to run Posi part one as it currently is. No double, triple or infinite XP just straight up +0 XP.  Can this be done?

Because there is a city in the Midwest that is continually threatened by a silver backed gorilla and is protected by a man who can run faster than the speed of light.

Sounds like a neat challenge.

When you say only once, what happens if for whatever reason you're unable to complete a TF?

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it if there is a server error or player error.  Personally, I'd just count the completed one as having only run it once.

You could also use Null to change Sides and do the Villain Equivalents.

Hard part is getting someone to carry you through the TFs till you don't have to Sidekick any more.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Hard part is getting someone to carry you through the TFs till you don't have to Sidekick any more.

Pfft! Sidekicked? I'll be leading them. The trick will to have the settings just right so that you make the requisite level for the next TF but don't have excessive wipes.

Because there is a city in the Midwest that is continually threatened by a silver backed gorilla and is protected by a man who can run faster than the speed of light.

My proposal is to take a character from 1 to 50 doing nothing but TFs. Each TF can be run only once. The exception being DFB  as you need to get to eight to run Posi part one as it currently is. No double, triple or infinite XP just straight up +0 XP.  Can this be done?

Anything can be done with the right amount of determination and proper mindset. With the 6 main TF's on hero side as well as the other available hero side TF's should be doable and if you switch to a rogue/vigilante build to do villain side SF's as well and let's not forget Sister Psych through Oro.  Put together a good team and you should be golden to go 1-50 with just TF content

Pfft! Sidekicked? I'll be leading them. The trick will to have the settings just right so that you make the requisite level for the next TF but don't have excessive wipes.

It's called, "Positron won't even TALK to you about a TF until you are 10".  Hard to lead a Task Force when the originator won't even talk to you about it, right?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

It's called, "Positron won't even TALK to you about a TF until you are 10".  Hard to lead a Task Force when the originator won't even talk to you about it, right?

Currently 8.

Currently 8.

Sorry, going by ParagonWiki, which is Issue 24.  Still, 8, 10, same response if you're level 1.

Sorry, going by ParagonWiki, which is Issue 24.  Still, 8, 10, same response if you're level 1.

Per the current Dev's it has been lowed to 8. If they would change it back to 10 then DFB an extra time or two should do it

2 runs of DFB would put you around 10 and your TF leveling goal would begin. Love to hear how this goes for ya.

With vanilla settings or up the difficulty? I'm thinking of beginning my journey Wednesday.

I used to run Marathons for Liberty server of the original TF Commander Badge Set and back then you could go in order up until the I think it was 43-44 range.  But that was back in the days of Sister Psyche.  I know things got a little touch and go around the Manticore TF, you don’t have to clear missions to keep up but I recommend by the old style not stealthing missions aside from how Positron used to be set up.  Have to see what’s changed since I last lead one of those runs, but I’d absolutely love to try again when I have the opportunity.

vBEfUc4.jpg?1

Ran Doctor Occult, here pictured with Valkyrie, through Galxay City tutorial and got up to lvl 2, with 2 bubbles over.

Ran DFB twice and ended up at lvl 10 with 1 bubble of XP over.

Then ran Posi 1. It was touch and go there for a bit in the last mission but we managed to triumph. Ended lvl 15 and about 1/4 of a bar.

Ran Posi 2. Ended up level 19 with 4 bubbles and a smidge of a bar.

SMaFIzJ.jpg?1

Synapse is in the books. Level 24 with for bubbles.

DXyvx6v.jpg?1

i've taken 90% of my characters from 1 to 50 doing nothing but task forces.

Its pretty fun but:

Once you reach lv40 prepare for quarterfield. (and the other subsequent shadow shard TFs.)

Hope you have a lot of free time lol.

The one problem I'm seeing so far is that the drop rate is terrible. I think in 3 TFs I've gotten one recipe and a handful of DOs.

Did Yin. Citadel is next. Probably tomorrow. 05/21/19

Ran Citadel and got to 27. Ran Moonfire and got to 28.  Think this is staling. Suggestions?