Candy Canes

Display Name

I found two Candy Cane salvage.  Someone told me that Candy Cane salvage is not possible right now, even though Candy Keeper is currently located across the street from Ms. Liberty.

What happened?

• Like 1

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

You can get Candy Cane salvage either from defeating Winter Horde enemies, or from opening a "Lords of Winter" super pack (random chance). Winter Horde enemies do not spawn in normal missions or outdoor zones outside of the Winter Event. However they are available as an enemy group inside of Architect Entertainment missions.

Of course you can also buy or sell them on the market.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
18 minutes ago, Display Name said:

Does anyone know which AE mission offers Winter Horde enemies?

Mine does, it's called Little Demon Lost, but I have no idea what the number is (it's under my global @Tahliah).   A couple of caveats, it's not a farm, but it's not really a very good story, either.  I threw it together to get the AE badges, mostly, so it may not feel "finished," either, since I think I originally planned to add a couple more missions.  I think it only has one or two now.  All that said, it has Winter Horde, so crank up the team size and enjoy!  🙂

[Edit to add: you know, now that I am thinking about it--a thing I clearly haven't done in months, heh--it may have Winter Horde only at the end, with the EB.  The rest might be Red Caps.  I intended to have Winter Horde as the main baddies in the next missions, but . . . I haven't created those yet.]

Edited by Tahliah
addendum

Oh! I'm so glad you found one!  I'll log on and change it so the whole thing is Winter Horde; maybe you'll get a few more from it then.  😄

[Edit to add: I went to update it with Winter Horde and saw that you actually meant a different arc, which I should have realized since you didn't mention me, @Display Name.  I really need some coffee.  Heh.  Anyway, I went ahead and changed the enemies to Winter Horde since I was there anyway, so if you want variety in your AE candy cane quest, it's there.]

Edited by Tahliah
addendum

So I can't find the "Guide to Guides" thread anymore...

Edit

Candy Canes can no longer be farmed in the Homecoming AE building per Nov 29, 2019 patch update notes.

Candy Canes

Recommended Notoriety (solo): -1/x2-x8

Candy Cane Farming Missions

1) Little Demon Lost (ArcID 10935, Short)

2) Winter Lord's Candy Cane (ArcID 5930, Very Short)

Candy Keeper Badges

These cost 30K infl and 25 candy canes each

1) Cold Front (2006)

2) Festive (2009)

3) Frostbitten (2008)

4) Gifted (2007 and gives 1 Debt protection and 1 Gift for another player)

5) Holiday Spirit (2005 and gives +1 Level Shift to free tailoring sessions)

Total: 150K infl and 125 canes

Other

1) Joyful (5K infl and 20 canes and aggro'd Hold for 12 days) 

2) Longbow Reservist (10K infl and 10 canes and Flight for 29 days)

3) Miraculous (costs 5K infl and 20 canes and provides Self-Rez for seven days)

Total: 20K infl and 50 canes

Candy Keeper Recipes

1) Respec recipe, 500 canes (ha-ha!)

2) Winter's Gift: Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range , 100 infl, 40 canes

3) Winter's Gift: Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/End, 100 infl, 40 canes

4) Winter's Gift: Slow +Res (20%), 100 infl, 50 canes

Total: 300 infl and 130 canes*

Auction House estimated cost for entire set: approx 6M infl as of this post based on current history only (not my bids)

Set bonuses

(2) Fire/Cold +Res (3.75%) and Mez +Res (6.25%)

(3) All Movement speeds +9%

*So... ONE Respec recipe is worth FOUR sets of Winter's Gift?  What's the math on this?

Edited by Display Name
  • Thanks 3

@Super Whatsit

• 1 month later

Yay!  I found a way to farm candy canes!  It's probably nothing new to anyone, but for those who might not know how yet, here ya go!

Equipment needed:

1) Travel Macro

/macro_image "Teleportation_LongRangeTeleport" "Teleport: Cosmic Platform" "enterbasefrompasscode COSMICTRANSPORT-6608"

2) Reveal at P2W agent (costs 10K infl)

P2W agent > Prestige Powers > Utilities > Miscellaneous

3) Jetpack at P2W agent (you can purchase up to 5 hours worth for 50K infl.)

P2W agent > Temporary Powers > Travel > Jetpack (30 minutes) for 5000 infl

4) Entrusted with the Secret badge

5) Portal Jockey, Task Force Commander, Received the Atlas Medallion and Freedom Phalanx Reserve Member accolades

6) Member of Vanguard badge

7) Midnight Squad badge

8. Fwoosh Accolade

etc.

Technically, you can probably get by with the first 3 items.

1) Change your Notoriety settings to -1/x1.  The computer will adjust the size of the enemy teams based on your team size automatically.  You'll be facing Winter Horde up to, and including Snow Beast:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Winter_Horde

2) Use the travel macro to go to Pocket D

a) Or do it the hard way by finding your way to Kings Row (or Port Oakes if you're red) and looking for the green dot on the zone map that says "Pocket D."

3) When you reach Pocket D, find your way to the area with the red lights.

4) In this area, you'll notice the P2W agent and Null the Gull near each other.  Did you see the base portal on the dance floor?  I bet you missed the AE facility in the blue area entirely!  Isn't there a PvP area?  I don't even know about that one!

5) Behind Null the Gull is a ramp that leads to the upper floor.  Take this ramp.

6) Upstairs, you'll see an area with the red-and-white poles and snow.  As you approach, you'll notice a door with a skier stenciled on it.  Also note the open area that leads directly to the dance floor that you can fly or jump through to get here!

7) Take the door with the skier stenciled on it.  You'll see a chalet (ski lodge) above you.  If you can jump or fly through the open area to the main floor of the chalet, then you're good.  I've never done it any other way so good luck otherwise!

8. In the chalet, you'll notice an old guy in a nightgown and Orlando Bloom.  Talk to the old guy and select the mission "Defeat Lady Winter."  Get the mission started.

9) Try not to destroy all of the Winter Obelisks until you're ready to spawn Lady Winter and the accompanying aggro risks.

The hardest part to me about this mission (I mean, besides Lady Winter herself,) was FINDING THE DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AUGH!!!!

Edited by Display Name
  • Like 2

@Super Whatsit

I wouldn't bother resetting the Lady Winter mission. You can get it infinitely from the old man.

If your goal is to farm candy canes, +0/x8 (or even -1/x8) might work better. Drop rate doesn't change with mob level.

Around the area, you might see blue geysers. These propel you upwards (far above what you'd get with super jump), this is how you're supposed to move around. The whole place is a ski slope, so there's a lot of verticality.

19 hours ago, Display Name said:

10) Since you can't quit the mission entirely (without a "quitting the mission" penalty) then just do the "everyone logs for Notoriety reset" and start the mission over at -1/x1.

11) I can't tell you how to do the "everyone logs for Notoriety reset."  You're not supposed to know about it!

"Quitting the mission penalty"? Never heard of any such thing. If you're solo, just type /leaveteam, and it will kick you from the map and reset it*. You can then change difficulty, if necessary, and reenter. 

Like nihilii said, you can just finish and pick up the mission again, and get the end rewards before doing the mission again. Or you can just call the contact and abandon mission, then pick it back up.

*Don't use /leaveteam when in a TF or flashback. Doing so will kick you from the "team", ending the TF or flashback, making you restart if you want to continue. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eknudson said:

So what's your candy canes/minute with this method?

Not sure.  I didn't average the time out, but I got 80 canes for a single run.  Setting up the task force just takes too long for me.

7 hours ago, nihilii said:

I wouldn't bother resetting the Lady Winter mission. You can get it infinitely from the old man.

If your goal is to farm candy canes, +0/x8 (or even -1/x8) might work better. Drop rate doesn't change with mob level.

Around the area, you might see blue geysers. These propel you upwards (far above what you'd get with super jump), this is how you're supposed to move around. The whole place is a ski slope, so there's a lot of verticality.

Thanks for the tips!  And the lower level will allow farmers to finish the mission without a reset!

35 minutes ago, Roderick said:

"Quitting the mission penalty"? Never heard of any such thing. If you're solo, just type /leaveteam, and it will kick you from the map and reset it*. You can then change difficulty, if necessary, and reenter. 

Like nihilii said, you can just finish and pick up the mission again, and get the end rewards before doing the mission again. Or you can just call the contact and abandon mission, then pick it back up.

*Don't use /leaveteam when in a TF or flashback. Doing so will kick you from the "team", ending the TF or flashback, making you restart if you want to continue. 

Abandoning the mission is what incurs the penalty.  You can't quit another mission for a time.

/leaveteam works great!  Thanks!  But then nihili told me how to finish the mission without a reset...

@Super Whatsit

45 minutes ago, Display Name said:

Abandoning the mission is what incurs the penalty.  You can't quit another mission for a time.

There's a difference between abandoning a mission and auto-completing a mission.  There's a 3 day lockout for auto-completing a mission; there isn't for abandoning one.

Lol!  I guess I meant to say "auto complete" then!  You can't abandon this mission.*

*well, you can't get RID of it at least

Edited by Display Name

@Super Whatsit

I tried this-- my previous method was to speed-run Lady Winter on team size 1. I'd get 5 candy canes for the win, usually got one more along the way and I could fairly reliably get it done in 4 minutes (with about a minute of that getting from one mission door to another)

My dark/rad tank isn't exactly ideal for farming but it does better on AoE than most would think. I was able to clear the map in about 25 minutes including Lady Winter fighting white and blue snow beasts. Could almost certainly shave a fair amount of time off that next run given less time figuring out where to look for spawns and with some practice farming. I got 81 candy canes in that time, plus a bunch of regular invention salvage.  Lots of recipes, but none particularly good this time.

I'd say it's better candy canes per minute than Lady Winter alone, better than the best present runs I've seen, and easily better than Lord Winter if you include the time to find a team for that.  Also as much other random stuff as a council radio mission without being any harder (other than the Lady herself) Thanks!  

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 5:13 PM, Display Name said:

I found two Candy Cane salvage.  Someone told me that Candy Cane salvage is not possible right now, even though Candy Keeper is currently located across the street from Ms. Liberty.

What happened?

I don't know but now I feel like a fool for spending them on the winter badges.....

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!