Random suggestions

0th Power

Just a random list of ideas:

1. Allow power boost and like powers to affect knock back. I know it use to, I guess it was changed due to pvp?

2. Ghost masterminds. The cot and Croatoa ghosts are already in game which, I’m assuming, would make it easier than creating a totally new set. 

3. Nunchucks powerset. How else will I make the complete TMNT homage sg?

4. Revert scrapper/brute instant healing regeneration back to a toggle

All I can think of now

Edited by 0th Power
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

Ghost masterminds

Great Idea, and opens up all sorts of character options from Ghost Whisperers to Exorcists to Ghosts herding other Ghosts.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

1 hour ago, 0th Power said:

1. Allow power boost and like powers to affect knock back. I know it use to, I guess it was changed due to pvp?

Since knockdown is basically knockback with a magnitude less than 1, powerboost would fundamentally change those powers, instead of boosting their existing effect.

2. Ghost masterminds. The cot and Croatoa ghosts are already in game which, I’m assuming, would make it easier than creating a totally new set. 

Would these ghosts basically just use dark blasts and melee attacks?  Ice?  Psi?  We have many models in game that could conceivably be bundled together into a MM set - how would this differ from, say, necromancy, whose pets get dark attacks after the 2nd upgrade.

3. Nunchucks powerset. How else will I make the complete TMNT homage sg?

Admittedly, this could be interesting, but the animations would probably be quite difficult/complex.

. Revert scrapper/brute instant healing regeneration back to a toggle

I wonder if, instead of a huge regen buff, if they could just be given a HoT component, (maybe tied directly or inversely to how injured you are).

2 hours ago, biostem said:

Since knockdown is basically knockback with a magnitude less than 1, powerboost would fundamentally change those powers, instead of boosting their existing effect.

Didn’t think of that. 

Im not a programmer (but I do play one on the forums) so I have no idea if this would work, buuuut, could the knockdown be converted after the power boost effect ie. for kB: (kb *powerboost)

for kd: (kb * powerboost) *0 +.99

or something to that effect

5 hours ago, 0th Power said:

That actually reminds me that I believe religious symbols and themes were kept to a minimum I suppose because of overall game rating and possible backlash from the gaming community.  Now that it's not really that important, a "Psychic Medium" or "Exorcist" Mastermind with some customizable religious symbology thrown in for visuals might be interesting.  

Also, there's the apparitions in First Ward that could be used.

5 hours ago, 0th Power said:

4. Revert scrapper/brute instant healing regeneration back to a toggle

Why only Scrapper and Brute?

But I disagree.  Instant Healing is an "oh sh!t" button that rides with its other "oh sh!t" buttons and when stacked can pretty much leave you unkillable.  But then, I never understand this obsession with being unkillable 100% of the time.  

Edited by Leogunner

Now that I pondered about it, there could be a lot of "ghost" sets.  I could definitely see a set that uses spirits to possess allies or invade foes that weaken/control them as well as summoning spirits whose presence aids or hinders kind of like the sprites in Croatoa when you get near them.  It could be a support set.

Maybe split the difference, and take part of the un-enhanceable portion of the regen from the click and make it always on. That way just having the power would be a slight increase in surviavability, but most of it would still be tied to the click. 

Ghost MMs sound good, but I'm almost always up for more MM pets. I'd personally say give them a combo of dark/psi damage.

Also for regen... they need more -regen resist.

Edited by Dragon Crush

45 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

Didn’t think of that. 

Im not a programmer (but I do play one on the forums) so I have no idea if this would work, buuuut, could the knockdown be converted after the power boost effect ie. for kB: (kb *powerboost)

for kd: (kb * powerboost) *0 +.99

or something to that effect

Most KD powers, IIRC, list their actual mag value of 0.67.  I wonder if there is a significance to that value.  If they were to be set to, say, 0.10 instead, even doubling or tripling the effect wouldn't put it over the threshold, but then you could boost actual KB powers without fear of it changing the KD ones...

In giving more thought regarding the ghost MM set, here's a very rough rundown:

1. Ice bolt

2. Summon Spectral Follower (has basic ice attacks and gains more with upgrades)

125px-Spectral_Follower.jpg

3. Ice blast

4. Enchant spirit (1st upgrade power)

5. Freeze ray (or maybe Ice breath)

6. Summon Spectral Knight (has ice melee and ice armor powers, gains more with upgrades)

125px-Spectral_Knight.jpg

7. Deathly chill (basically a pet-centered toggle version of sleet with a smaller AoE)

8. Summon Daemon Lord (uses ice blasts and ice control powers, gains more with upgrades)

125px-Spectral_Daemon_Lord.jpg

9. Spectral empowerment (2nd upgrade power)

Edited by biostem
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later

If someone thought up a Nunchucks powerset, it would be pretty easy to make it dual billy club, chain swinging, double morning star, tactical baton, tonfas, and blunt bashing. Basically the Dual Blade version of War Mace. As long as you don't do anything ridiculous like have the person flying around with whirling nunchucks.

I don't know about the programming weapon looks, but you could have the resting pose for nunchucks where the character holds them together and tight, and only animate the spin when they attack. However, I don't know how that functions with multiple weapon choices. The other option is to have a clunky always spinning option, and rather than animating it, just draw the model so it looks like a semi clear blur. That, however, might look shoe horned in. I don't know if they can do a jiggleboned model where the chucks' just dangle around and swing as you use them.

Edited by FDR's Think Tank

15 hours ago, FDR's Think Tank said:

If someone thought up a Nunchucks powerset, it would be pretty easy to make it dual billy club, chain swinging, double morning star, tactical baton, tonfas, and blunt bashing. Basically the Dual Blade version of War Mace. As long as you don't do anything ridiculous like have the person flying around with whirling nunchucks.

I don't know about the programming weapon looks, but you could have the resting pose for nunchucks where the character holds them together and tight, and only animate the spin when they attack. However, I don't know how that functions with multiple weapon choices. The other option is to have a clunky always spinning option, and rather than animating it, just draw the model so it looks like a semi clear blur. That, however, might look shoe horned in. I don't know if they can do a jiggleboned model where the chucks' just dangle around and swing as you use them.

the killer for this is the work involved in animating it,  personally I'd LOVE Nunchuck assault! but there is a HUGE amount of work to get it past the post

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

Little bit of fleshing out on a nunchuck idea.  Most of it is pretty basic.  The +rech would be dependent on the to-hit check and could probably be added to a couple other attacks if the number was low enough.  The T9 ability is what I think would be really cool if it could work.  You would toggle on your t9 and you would start your attack and it wouldn't stop until you detoggled, defeated the enemy, were defeated, and possibly a range check (if possible).  The damage and endurance cost would slowly increase as the animation looped.

Scrapper Stalker Brute Tanker
T1 melee, light smashing, +rech self melee, light smashing +rech self melee, light smashing, +rech self melee, light smashing, +rech self
T2 melee, moderate smashing melee, moderate smashing melee, moderate smashing melee, moderate smashing
T3 melee, high smashing melee, high smashing melee, high smashing melee, high smashing -res
T4 melee, moderate smashing +tohit +dmg +rech Assassin strike melee, moderate smashing +tohit +dmg +rech Taunt
T5 cone, moderate smashing Build up cone, moderate smashing cone, moderate smashing
T6 Confront Placate Taunt melee, moderate smashing +tohit +dmg +rech
T7 Range, moderate smashing forced redraw Range, moderate smashing forced redraw Range, moderate smashing forced redraw Range, moderate smashing forced redraw
T8 pbaoe, moderate smashing pbaoe, moderate smashing pbaoe, moderate smashing pbaoe, moderate smashing
T9
toggle on target and auto follow target looping toggle on target and auto follow target looping toggle on target and auto follow target looping toggle on target and auto follow target looping
animation melee attack, light-high damage animation melee attack, light-high damage animation melee attack, light-high damage animation melee attack, light-high damage
increasing, endurace cost increases the higher increasing, endurace cost increases the higher increasing, endurace cost increases the higher increasing, endurace cost increases the higher
the damage goes the damage goes the damage goes the damage goes

Ranged moderate smashing. Is that supposed to be throwing the nunchuks at someone? Instead, I think is would be cool to expand off of how dual pistols has swap ammo for nunchuks instead. You could ignite the nunchuks with flaming oil to add a small fire DoT, cover them in venom to reduce regen/recovery, or maybe acid to have a small lingering -resistance effect?

Also for an attack, possibly your tier 2, I could see spinning the nunchuk in front of you like a fan to hit the target, but also add a little defense, like how in the movies a ninja deflects arrows and such.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Ranged moderate smashing. Is that supposed to be throwing the nunchuks at someone? Instead, I think is would be cool to expand off of how dual pistols has swap ammo for nunchuks instead. You could ignite the nunchuks with flaming oil to add a small fire DoT, cover them in venom to reduce regen/recovery, or maybe acid to have a small lingering -resistance effect?

Also for an attack, possibly your tier 2, I could see spinning the nunchuk in front of you like a fan to hit the target, but also add a little defense, like how in the movies a ninja deflects arrows and such.

I need flaming and electric nunchucks now...

3 minutes ago, FDR's Think Tank said:

Different combat stances might be more appropriate for nunchucks than elemental variables... Although perhaps an element could be involved in on or two of the stances.

it probably would make more sense, but i dont like the stances/combo mechanics so i didn't put it in

2 hours ago, 0th Power said:

it probably would make more sense, but i dont like the stances/combo mechanics so i didn't put it in

Stances wouldn't be like the combo system... But it might be incompatible with bio armor, or you might have to choose between bio armor modes and combat stances. At least, that's what it seems like to me.

For Nunchucks/Duel Blunt Force I could see a

-Bonus Taunt stance, that might have fire damage, since it's flashy and provocative.

-Flexible wild combat which, similar to a blaster allows use of attacks even when held, dazed, or sleeping. This might be electric themed.

-Dodging stance, which gives a bonus to defense/resistance vs projectiles... This is really good for flying melee. Wind themed.

I don't know if that's too crazy or breaks too many archetype systems. You could add in downsides to the stances if the bonuses were too extreme. I feel like not picking a stance SHOULD be it's own stance, but swap ammo and bio armor don't currently do that.

9 hours ago, FDR's Think Tank said:

Stances wouldn't be like the combo system... But it might be incompatible with bio armor, or you might have to choose between bio armor modes and combat stances. At least, that's what it seems like to me.

I made a staff/bio character, and could use both the "forms" and the "adaptations", so I don't see why this couldn't work.

I could see nun-chucks being used in 1 of 3 ways;  To strike, to deflect/distract, or to entangle, so perhaps these 3 "modes" could be reflected in secondary effects, much like staff's... 

• Like 1