Incarnate Powers for my Stalker

Erydanus

Hi all, I'm on my first incarnate character, who is a Psi Melee / Willpower / Weapons Mastery stalker.  It's taken me a while to wrap my head around the incarnate system and I'm still quite iffy on some of the power choices, particularly Interface and Destiny. But, if I've made an error in my logic I'd appreciate having it pointed out to me; this already happened to me with Alpha though I've got that sorted out I think.

Alpha

Current: Vigor Total Radial Revamp

Final: Vigor Radial Paragon

This is really the one that is making me question that I've planned good choices. I started by making a cardiac boost on the rationale that I could benefit from some endurance reduction. But, as I started looking at the higher tree I realized that the additional effects were not going to be helpful to me. Then I looked over the entire rest of the options and to my shock realized Vigor was what I wanted. That grants end reduction at almost every level on top of healing and then also adds in accuracy and eventually confuse/fear/immobilize. Shock, I have many powers that benefit from a global heal boost including a hit point booster, health, physical perfection, and my self heal. I also never had enough slots to get as much confuse in boggle as I wanted and I'm also not going to turn down a free accuracy in every power! So currently I have  a Total Radial Revamp and will be shooting for Radial Paragon; this is the slot I think I have best figured out.

Judgement

Current: Void Radial Judgement

Final: maybe Void Radial Final Judgement

I was about to take Ion because it seems like the go-to when someone pointed out as a stalker I could benefit from the PBAOE Void tree. Yeah. So I like the idea of another PBAOE to stack on top of Mass Levitate and the idea of being able to neuter the damage output of the mobs I just aggroed seems like a no brainer. So right now I'm angling toward Radial Final Judgement.

Interface

Current: Reactive Interface. I think.

Final: no clue

This was a pretty hard one to choose. Thematically going with the confuse proc of Cognitive with a psi dot seemed like it would stay on-theme for my character. On the other hand diversifying from psi damage also seemed smart, so I went with reactive so that even if I'm fighting psi resistant foes I will weaken their damage resistance.  I'm really not sure which path to go for if I stay with this: 75% chance of debuff and 25% of fire proc, or the reverse.  Opinions here would be especially helpful.

Lore

Current: Carnival of Shadows Partial Core Improved Ally

Final: probably Carnival of Shadows Core Superior Ally 

Good news everyone, after an entire separate thread angsting between Banished Pantheon and Tsoo I just went with Carnies and I'm fine with that. I just have to pick between a Dark Ringmistress and a flunky Strongman or the untouchable buff-bot Seneshal and a Ringmistress. Honestly both tier 4 choices seem good and worth having to swap between; I'm going to try out the tier 3 version with a regular seneschal and her thermal radiation buffs (forge and cauterize) and the regular ringmistress for a while as I'm not ready to make a tier 4 yet.  

Destiny

Current: Incandescence Invocation

I took the first Incandescence to help teleport trick or treat and Halloween giant monster teams. My character is a teleporter so this is actually on-theme for him, but I just don't understand how these powers are used in incarnate content enough to decide if I want to pursue that path or go with something else. Now that I've got Alpha sorted out none of the powers look like a must have to me

Hybrid

Current: Assault Genome

Final: likely Assault Radial Embodiment 

Assault just seemed like the best choice. I also thought double hit would be better for me than stacking damage buffs ultimately because if I do an Assassin's Strike from hide, I'd rather hit twice than get a 5% damage buff from that, even if the double hit is just 75% of the base damage without the crit (or however it works out) in energy damage. That makes sense, right?

Anyway thanks for all input!

Edited by Erydanus

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Heya! Those are fun choices! Please keep in mind that any suggestions I make are just that, suggestions. This is a game, and as long as you’re having fun then you’re doing it right.

For your Alpha, I might suggest looking at Musculature, Spiritual, or Agility Core. Musculature boosts your damage output, which is a big deal for Stalkers since their main deal is killing things super fast. Spiritual and Agility both raise your recharge, which is good for most any build’s damage and survival because your powers come bad faster.

For your Judgment power, Void and Ionic are both good choices. If it were me, though, I’d personally go for Pyronic Core. Void is a great PBAoE nuke, and Ionic hits a lot of enemies, but what I like about Pyronic is that is has a fast animation time and can be fired off at range. To me, that makes it easier to use.

For your Interface, Reaction is a solid choice. You may also like Diamagnetic Core, which makes enemies more likely to miss when attacking you. I’m a fan of this one from a survival and support standpoint, and I often grab it on characters who have lower defense or are just a little bit away from the softcap. It’s also good for hunting AVs because it debuffs Regen as well.

For your Destiny power, I’d honestly grab Rebirth. If you’re playing a /WP Stalker with Weapon Mastery then you’re probably good on endurance as well as mez protection, so both Clarion and Ageless aren’t necessarily needed. Barrier Core is nice for plugging holes in your defenses (since its t4 is basically a perma 5% global defense buff if you keep it refreshed on cooldown). Incandescence is nice as a team teleport too, honestly I don’t need find myself needing it very often. Rebirth is a big, honking PBAoE heal. That’s it. I like heals. I’m a simple man.

for Hybrid, Assault gives you more damage and either Melee will help you out-live your enemies. Both of those are good things, but I’d probably go for Melee and use it as a protective click buff, just because I forget to use Assault hybrid on cooldown all the time.

Hi  @Erydanus,

i see that you have a complete different approach to the Stalker as i do. So let me just make some statements to the different incarnates instead of pointing out what i think to be right or wrong.

4 hours ago, Erydanus said:

Alpha

Current: Vigor Total Radial Revamp

Final: Vigor Radial Paragon

I think the Alpha slot should be considered in an Endgame build. If you want to reach a certain goal, for example reach some defense caps, than you need to think of your Alpha slot. it will make it easier to get there with agility. if you need resistance look at cardiac and if you just want damage, musculature.

Judgement

Current: Void Radial Judgement

Final: maybe Void Radial Final Judgement

I would not think too much about the Judgement but certainly would take the Core one. It deals more damage. The secondary effects of judgements are all not so important. You use Judgement on large groups and after the judgement they will die soon enough. The debuff would only be interessting on a target that lives long enough to get nasty and these are AVs. You don't use Judement on AVs beside the fact that they are highly resistent to debuffs.

Interface

Current: Reactive Interface. I think.

I would take the radial one for a higher chance of dealing damage and not worry too much about the damage type. For me it is either degenerative or reactive.

Lore

Current: Carnival of Shadows Partial Core Improved Ally

Final: probably Carnival of Shadows Core Superior Ally 

I think you got that one sorted out. I like to match the lore pet's with the theme of my Stalker.

Destiny

Current: Incandescence Invocation

Before i get a destiny i will have a good idea of my endurance.

Do i drop the blue bar very fast? -> Ageless

Do i like to speerun TF's and support the team with superior teleporting? -> Incandesence

I got the "Asssemble Team" Power and my endurance looks quite good? -> Barrier

I never go for the other options, also the rebirth is useless on a /WP Stalker because you don'T have the superior regeneration abilities so it is not needed to push your HP. You can geet similar value out of Barrier, except you allready want to go for the melee hybrid.

5 hours ago, Erydanus said:

Hybrid

Current: Assault Genome

Final: likely Assault Radial Embodiment 

Assault is great!. But i would go for the Core one if you don't run around on damage cap all the time. The double hit part of radial is just a extra damage procc similar to the IO's that can proc damage. it is a fixed value and does not deal double damage. And Stalkers have actually a good damage multiplier so Core is the better option.

If you want to push your survivability more you can go with melee, in that case i would take the rebirth destiny that increases your max HP to get more out of the regeneration buff.

Also i recently found out that Mu Mastery is a really good Epic Pool, for extra ranged and AoE damage. I just messed aroud in mid's for a fefw minutes and came up with something just to see for you how i would approach to the incarnates and this combination of powers:

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.5
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Stalker
Primary Power Set: Psionic Melee
Secondary Power Set: Willpower
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Psi Blade -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(40)
Level 1: Hide -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42)
Level 2: Telekinetic Blow -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(39)
Level 4: Reconstruction -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(43), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(45), Prv-Absorb%(45)
Level 6: Assassin's Psi Blade -- SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(A), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 8: Concentration -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RctRtc-ToHit(50), RctRtc-Pcptn(50)
Level 10: Mind Over Body -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(11), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(15)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(13), RedFrt-Def(13), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Indomitable Will -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(39)
Level 20: Heightened Senses -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(21), Rct-Def(21), Rct-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(23), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(23), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 24: High Pain Tolerance -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(50)
Level 26: Greater Psi Blade -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(27), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Hct-Acc/Rchg(29), Hct-Dam%(29), UnbCns-Dam%(31)
Level 28: Fast Healing -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(31), RedFrt-Def(31), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 32: Mass Levitate -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 35: Zapp -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(37), Apc-Dam%(37)
Level 38: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(46), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(46), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(46), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(48), PstBls-Dam%(48)
Level 44: Super Speed -- Run-I(A)
Level 47: Strength of Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 49: Resurgence -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Carnival Core Superior Ally 
------------

Thanks for the thoughts, this has been pretty helpful so far.

Alpha - I think both of you though kind of reflexively answered on Alpha. My character's slotted to about 95% damage on his attacks already, and sure Musculature can go over that but only a % of it. Alternately, Vigor is going to add 33% Accuracy to all my attacks, raising them from 65ish to 92ish, 33% endurance reduction to all my powers which mostly just have 33% end reduction now, 33% healing to all of my passive regen powers (health, fast healing, physical perfection) which are going to be 2 slotted with level 50 heal IOs, so 85->95ish (though right now it's more like 66->95) and it'll also boost Reconstruction and even boost my hit points because I have High Pain tolerance and again, not capped with the heal enhancements in there. And then finally I don't have Boggle capped for Confuse, actually I think I only have 1/2 an IO worth of duration so jamming another SO worth of confuse duration on that is actually helpful. Honestly my character is still in his leveling build with a lot of level 30ish IOs, and the effect of essentially jamming in 2-3 SOs of extra non-cap buffs has been RIDICULOUS. 

Judgment - very helpful thoughts here. Mercurias I think you forgot I'm a stalker so I'm never going to want to use this at range, it would break hide. Rather I run into a big group and either assassinate the guy in the middle and follow up with my pbaoe nukes or maybe even open with Mass Levitate. I think the reason I was inclined to the version that had a damage debuff to the targets was I was imagining running into a group of say, Fake Nem bosses and hitting them point blank with mass levitate and void, and thinking that they would be severely hurt but still able to all shoot my not-at-the-defense-cap self. But, using the tier 1 version in missions I'm thinking, no, I might actually kill them all... 

Reactive - so you rec radial for the 75% damage proc chance? Sounds legit!

Lore - CARNIES!

Destiny - Incandescence does still sound appealing. Barrier might be worth considering because I'm not at the defense cap and it's higher in incarnate content anyway. (My build I'm planning does have me at the smash/lethal resist cap for stalkers though but a lot less for energy/negative). It seems like if I'm going to be playing as noted in Judgment, maybe it would be nice to drop a def buff on myself first. 

Hybrid - OK the double hit's just a mediocre fixed rate proc. Well that's disappointing. Core it is then.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Just going to add, musculature alpha is by far the most common pick.  More damage, is always helpful... whereas in most situations you probably do not really benefit from more healing. 

And you can get more than one of each.  You can only have one slotted at a time, but you can swap them in and out when not in combat.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

23 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

Just going to add, musculature alpha is by far the most common pick.  More damage, is always helpful... whereas in most situations you probably do not really benefit from more healing. 

And you can get more than one of each.  You can only have one slotted at a time, but you can swap them in and out when not in combat.

Ok well you guys need break yourself of this fixation about damage always being the best. I am getting serious "well ok if you want to do it the wrong way dude..," vibes from these comments. To the point I am starting to wonder if you have actually not been very thoughtful about what these choices make in your own builds. So I'm going to push back hard right now and show you some numbers to back up why I pretty much discounted Musculature.

So let's look at some numbers. Psi Blade slotted with Superior Assassin's Mark is as follows:

Accuracy: 81.5%

Damage: 101.3%

Endurance: 49.6%

Recharge: 104.35%

I would say most of the time I Frankenslot for about 45-60% accuracy, 90-95% damage, 32+% endurance and 65-95% recharge in attacks, but I'm going to use the ATO as kind of a worst case scenario since at this point I'm starting to think purple sets are realistically within reach and they'll have inflated numbers too.

If I add Musculature Core Paragon I get 45% damage added and 2/3 of that ignores ED, so up to 133.62% damage, which is like adding a beefy SO of damage in 8 powers. The other aspects of this alpha have no benefit to my build whatsoever. 

If I go with Musculature Radial Paragon the damage goes to 125% (so about 30% more, still about an SO) and I'd get roughly an SO's worth of end mod in Stamina, Physical Perfection, and Resurgence. So about 11 SOs worth of boost instead of just 8.

I'm not saying getting my damage buffed up to 133% isn't of value, but this game generally rewards diversification at every level, I'm also a stalker with build up, a proc that resets build up, and a build up proc IN build up; I'm routinely self buffed for 80-240% damage because I can quad stack build up on myself, and almost always do right in the middle of every fight.  I'm also really good about eating a steady stream of inspirations so this doesn't actually impress me that much. If you forgot the math, the Stalker damage cap is 500%: 100 base, 95 from my enhancements, up to 240% from my stacked build ups = 435% out of the 500% cap.  It's true that's only at my peak moments but again, stalker. Plus, if I'm on a team and there's a Kin with Fulcrum Shift there is no question I'm going to be damage capped. So in that case the Musculature Alpha isn't doing much for me at all, is it?

On the other hand if I go with Vigor Radial Paragon the numbers for that attack become:

Accuracy: 112%

Endurance: 82.69%

So that's 2 more beefy SOs in every damaging attack, plus Boggle gains those and a very useful 1 SO of Confuse. And most of my attacks will probably be going more like from 45-60% to 75-95% in accuracy and endurance, not even touching the ED cap and basically providing a very useful amount of extra accuracy and end reduction for fighting higher level/incarnate foes.

Additionally, almost every one of my powers benefit from endurance reduction so add in Reconstruction, Mind Over Body, Indomitable Will, Heightened Senses, Concentration, and Teleport to the attacks. (Heck at this point I could pick up targeting drone and not notice the end drain.)

High Pain Tolerance, Reconstruction, Fast Healing, Health, and Physical Perfection each gain 1 SO of healing. (Also please keep in mind that High Pain Tolerance is a hit point booster so this will also increase overall regeneration a bit more).

In total, I gain THIRTY additional SOs worth of directly useful benefit, much of it just coming to the ED cap. To me this seems like a far better investment than the damage. Right now I'm at the tier 3, Vigor Total Radial Revamp and I can report that it's AMAZING. My end bar just sits there doing nothing, my heals and passive regen have kicked it up a notch, it's fantastic. I think anyone playing Willpower or Regen seriously look at Vigor. It's not just for "healers."

• Like 1

You're assuming others haven't crunched the math and come to a different (and better) conclusion.  Always consider the other side before immediately getting defensive because sometimes people have put more thought and experience into things than you have.

The basic answer is "Accuracy and Endurance are easy to 'cap' for Stalkers, Damage is not".  

Once you have enough Accuracy and ToHit to give you 95% chance to hit a +3 enemy, you don't need more Accuracy slotted.  Once you have enough Recovery and End Redux to run a full mission without stopping to rest, you don't need more End Redux.  Both if those are easily attainable without using your Alpha.  If you are having accuracy and endurance issues, you have problems elsewhere in your build.

But Damage is harder to cap for Stalkers.  Lets say no Alpha slot, so your attacks are slotted at 95%.  Gaussians proccd BU will give you 160% for 5 seconds and 80% for another 5.  Assault Hybrid with max stacks will give you another 90% between the passive and stacks, with only 50% uptime.  So without double stacking BU, you are at 445% of 500% cap FOR 5 SECONDS!  You can't even self cap without popping insps or double stacking BU, with a proc also popping.

Quick analogy:  You've got a plot of land with a reasonably sized house on it.  Decent bedroom, decent living room, decent bathroom, decent laundryroom.  You want to expand the house.  Everyone is telling you to bump out your living room because more living room is better, but instead you are planning on making a larger laundry room and bathroom.  But why?  if you can fit a shower, toilet and sink with some room to spare, why are you expanding the bathroom?

• Like 1

My first wave of alts recently hit 50, and I’ve started this process myself.

I would ask myself two questions: how complete was my character without incarnates; and what do I want to do with it afterwards.

My broadsword/inv scrapper was full of holes, so I spent my incarnates on trying to plug those holes.  

My war mace/willpower brute on the other hand, was pretty much complete, running mission content at max sliders.  His only real flaw was AV fights, which took too long, and the need for an “oh shit” power for willpower.  I went with agility for him as well; it really is a great alpha for WP!  And I found that I really didn’t need an “oh shit” button anymore.  

Would I shave off a few seconds kill time if I went Musculature?  Maybe?  But I like my survival profile better now, so I don’t really care!

Who run Bartertown?

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:56 AM, Omega-202 said:

You're assuming others haven't crunched the math and come to a different (and better) conclusion.  Always consider the other side before immediately getting defensive because sometimes people have put more thought and experience into things than you have.

. . . .

Quick analogy:  You've got a plot of land with a reasonably sized house on it.  Decent bedroom, decent living room, decent bathroom, decent laundryroom.  You want to expand the house.  Everyone is telling you to bump out your living room because more living room is better, but instead you are planning on making a larger laundry room and bathroom.  But why?  if you can fit a shower, toilet and sink with some room to spare, why are you expanding the bathroom?

No I think people are talking right over me assuming they know best for my character when they haven't even seen my build or asked me what my playstyle is.  To flip your analogy around people are telling me to expand my living room which is big enough already for the gang to watch tv in, when I'm saying I'm going to expand all 3 bedrooms so they can comfortably fit king sized beds and put in a sunken tub in my bathroom. 

ANYWAY. Thanks for the given advice, I think we're done here.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later

I think incarnate stuff is great for continuing the customization of your character. There's some stock advice, and some basic personal comfort (I almost always go for the -regen Diamagnetic and the Barrier with rez) and then there's character's individuality.

Most of the incarnate options are -good-. Lore pets you can pick for cosmetics. Judgement isn't far behind. The only real way to screw this up is to fail to meet your own goals. 

I am going to put a plug in for my personal favorites. Diamagnetic -regen is a help in tough fights, AVs and monsters, for the days you forgot to pack envenomed daggers. I mostly don't need any of the other debuffs. But even so, on my plant controller where I've leaned into confuse, I run the cognitive for the additional confuse proc. I might need the -regen more from a numbers point of view, but confused enemies make me laugh so I'll take the extra time in an AV fight for the lulz.

Barrier is really good. I use it as a team rescue button. It does great things for personal defense, yes, but also protects squishies and gets them back on their feet. 

• 7 months later

this thread is really funny...

starting with: blah blah blah " if I've made an error in my logic I'd appreciate having it pointed out to me; this already happened to me with Alpha though I've got that sorted out I think.(...)"

::feedback::

response: " No I think people are talking right over me assuming they know best for my character when they haven't even seen my build or asked me what my playstyle is. "

why do you post if you cant take feedback well? if you cant agree, in my opinion, you can at least politely say I see what you mean, however considering my playstyle (whatever it may be) I rather stick with my choice. Wouldn't it be a better reaction? Because it looks like you are being rude towards people that gave a damn in showing you their perspective.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2019 at 3:36 PM, Croax said:

I would not think too much about the Judgement but certainly would take the Core one. It deals more damage. The secondary effects of judgements are all not so important. You use Judgement on large groups and after the judgement they will die soon enough. The debuff would only be interessting on a target that lives long enough to get nasty and these are AVs. You don't use Judement on AVs beside the fact that they are highly resistent to debuffs.

I just want to make a small comment about Core v. Radial Judgment, for Void Judgement: If the wiki is to be believed, the Radial path hits more targets (32 v. 24). This was the reason I opted for Radial Final Judgement in Void (as opposed to Core Final Judgement). Ion Judgement is very popular, but there is no difference in the number of targets between Core and Radial (according to the wiki), so the advice about secondary effects is fine (for that power choice).

My stalker chose Void's Radial Final Judgment for the PBAoE. Obviously the goal is for as quick a defeat of nearby foes as possible, but the 30 seconds of enemy Damage debuff is also one of the longest-lasting debuffs from the Judgement powers.

I think the judgement (in regards to void) really depends on your primary and how you plan to use it — if you have a heavy aoe primary, you’ll probably benefit from stacking it with the plus damage to completely wipe a group.

if you have a single target like MA; you probably benefit from the -damage because they’ll be more alive after it blows that you have to take.

i always take the secondary debuffz myself but that’s because I don’t get blinded by bigger numbers. 😛(or more in this case)

I DO tend to stick to musculature assuming I have a secondary that picks up the endurance slack, though.