Allow power color choices to apply to future power picks

biostem

Simply put, I'd love an option to have color picks for powers apply to power pools/APPs/PPPs that our characters take later on in their careers.  It's kind of annoying to go through the trouble to choose colors for your primary & secondary, then have to run to the tailor or a trainer to change the colors on your power pools and pay a fee.  I envision this as working via a checkbox next to your primary or secondary power pick, similar to the option to have the color selection apply to the entire powerset.  Your thoughts?

• Like 1

There's already a "match colors across powerset" and "match colors across both primary and secondary" button so it makes perfect sense to have a global match colors button.  The possible sticking point could be applying to pools you haven't yet taken in your build; I don't know how the game codes that.

• Like 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, Call Me Awesome said:

The possible sticking point could be applying to pools you haven't yet taken in your build; I don't know how the game codes that.

Agreed;  It's an unknown quantity at this point.  Even allowing us to tic a box via the powers menu, after taking the pool power(s), would be great...

Edited by biostem

Well if you've colored your powerset at the top level it propagates to all your new choices as applicable.

New pool powers however wouldn't pick up colors from your primary/secondary though again if you color the pool at the top level it should pick up future choices within the pool. 

The big catch with the apply colors across all is that some powers use a different palette. 

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I think it would be handy if say, at the bottom of the colour palette, there were several 'Save palette' options, rather than applied to a specific powerset (as saving to Primary/Seconday does), it just saves the combination of colours. So with a click you can apply the colours to any other power on another character even.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Seems rather nit picky to me.

I mean, you level up, you go to a trainer, you pick a new power...and right there, you can change the colors/fx.  That it costs inf is kind of a necessity since you'd imagine there needs to be MORE inf sinks rather than fewer.

Even if powers took the color of the primary/secondary, there's no guarantee it will look right, especially with dark or natural palettes or aim for min fx.  Then there are those jokers that do multi-color powers on their powers so it's a mere minor inconvenience that helps individuals do their due diligence to get rid of some pocket change while making sure their powers' colors look right.

I'm sorta torn on this, I do have to quite often get into the costume creator as I level to adjust pool powers as I get them, but sometimes I also want to keep them with standard colours despite my primary and secondary being custom, maybe have a tickbox during intial creation to customise future pool powers when they are selected? which will then apply the custom colours from your pri/sec powers?

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

4 minutes ago, boggo2300 said:

maybe have a tickbox during intial creation to customise future pool powers when they are selected? which will then apply the custom colours from your pri/sec powers?

On 11/6/2019 at 5:03 PM, biostem said:

I envision this as working via a checkbox next to your primary or secondary power pick, similar to the option to have the color selection apply to the entire powerset.

Great minds think alike!