Why isn't there a badge for defeating Hamidon

Jaack

Hamidon is one of the most iconic parts of this game. Maybe the most iconic. Badges are awarded for completing notable content. But for whatever reason there is no 'Killed Hamidon' badge.

I'm saying this mostly because I find it weird, but I imagine it can't be too hard to implement (if it is hard I would not worry about it). But it would be kind of nice to get a badge for Hami.

Hell, do a badge design contest for the community. I'm sure there would be interest. Whoever makes the best Hami badges gets it in the game or something.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Apparition said:

There sort of is... there's a badge for killing 100(?) Hamidon buds, which requires defeating Hamidon.

I imagine it's hypothetically possible to get that badge without fighting Hamidon if you sneak into the hive, wait for a raid to finish, and swoop up a bud or two and repeat way too many times. It would require you to be a psychopath though.

But I can't think of any other significant content that has a badge requirement kind of like that.

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

Well it used to be Heart of the Hamidon...

Although since it's an exploration badge anyone could get it... as long as Hami hadn't spawned since it's right under him.  In the old days he spawned a few hours after being defeated and stayed until killed so there was a window where anyone could grab it if they were in the raid or not.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

Or you can just be a Suicidal " Busy Little Bee " and fly directly above the Badge, turn off fly and fall to your death landing close to the Badge Marker. Badges are way more important than life and debt, lol. Clearly the Best name for a Zone Exploration Badge Accolade.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

8 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

Although since it's an exploration badge anyone could get it... as long as Hami hadn't spawned since it's right under him.  In the old days he spawned a few hours after being defeated and stayed until killed so there was a window where anyone could grab it if they were in the raid or not.

Defeating Hamidon used to be a big server-wide event, so it makes sense there was a way to benefit when your server defeated him even if you weren't personally involved in the raid.

• 2 weeks later

I would say make it a bit harder. One player - or a player's pet - is the one that gets that last kill shot in. That should be the person that gets the badge. I wrote it down, and already hate it, because I've been raiding nightly for some time, and it's getting dull. And that badge existing would cause many hardcore badgers to conduct raids all day every day until everyone in the league got that badge. But, given the nature of the mending mitos, it would make them longer, as you'd have to be sure there were no mending mitos while that one person chips away at his hp to get the kill shot. So that would be essentially having to clear the initial mito spawn, and the next 3 at 75, 50 and 25%. 

It would be a horrible time sink and I hate myself for suggesting it. So it really should be done! 

• Haha 1