Request: Give PCs as many of the NPC emotes as possible

PhoenixCE

HI,

I would like to request that player characters get access to as many NPC emotes as possible. I remember years ago that we had access to a number of them (like the puke emote, if you knew the /em command) before it was taken away. This should be fairly easy to do. Thanks for your time and all your hard work. 🙂

• Like 1

AFAIK no emotes have ever been taken away from players. I recall it being possible to do the vomit animation on command, but only because of a bug that triggered if you bound two different emotes to the same key or macro, then spammed it.

Edited by Vanden
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Vanden said:

AFAIK no emotes have ever been taken away from players. I recall it being possible to do the vomit animation on command, but only because of a bug that triggered if you bound two different emotes to the same key or macro, then spammed it.

Either am I

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

I may be missing your point, Sijin, but ;liedown seems pretty awesome and looks fine to me when used by a player character.  Do you mean the transition from standing?  If that's all, then that's an incredibly tiny price to pay for getting the character to lie down in a way that's not melodramatic like ;swoon or ;collapse.

Bring on the rest of the Emotes already!

. . . yes, even ;puke, despite the potential for unpleasantness.  Granted, it may be a good idea to help players figure out where the puking sound effect is located, so they can block it.

• Like 1

• Retired Game Master
6 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

Do you mean the transition from standing?

Yeah I'm just talking about the transition from a neutral pose which (most) all player intended emotes have. Ones that aren't meant to be used by players will just 'jerk' the model into the pose. I get it's a small thing, and it doesn't really bother me, but I know it does bother some. 

Liedown

12 hours ago, GM Sijin said:

I'm not against giving a lot of animations to players as emotes, just realize that many would not have smooth transitions and thus result in kind of jerky effects. Liedown for example.

And even with that, a lot of people really enjoy that emote 🙂

At least let me lounge like Bobcat! She taunts me!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kistulot said:

Liedown

And even with that, a lot of people really enjoy that emote 🙂

At least let me lounge like Bobcat! She taunts me!

It wouldn't look right unless you were the exact same height as Bobcat and lying on that particular couch she lies on.

I want "Vomit" back, there used to be an /e string to do it but it was renamed or disabled. Just the perfect emote for many situations, lol.

Edited by Marine X

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X