Hospital + TP = Rez in place

GadgetDon

Discovered it by chance, not sure how hard to replicate or even if it's worth trying to fix.  As Eye of the Wolf, I face planted in a mission with a full team. Since I was separated from the group (big part of why the face plant), I asked for a port. After a short while, I clicked "Hospital". At that same time, someone ported me to the group. I arrived, fully razzed and healed (I don't have teleport prompt turned on). I'm guessing that the "rezzing" from going to the Hospital takes place a short time before I leave the map, and the porting aborts the exit. Hmmm, wonder if being ported would cancel out clicking an "exit mission" if timed exactly.

This hasn't happened to me before, but i'd be curious if anyone else has experienced this or has some idea as to how it would work. Sounds like too much work to really be any type of workable trick though.

@Vyx found mostly on the Everlasting server! [@Vyxen from Virtue]

Total Lvl 50 Toon Count: 13

Maalik - vet lvl 320 Katana/Energy Brute

Supreme Soviet - vet lvl 12 Fire/Fire Dominator

Is it possible that the map your were on had a jail or similar in it?  You know, the type that when you rez instead of exiting the instance and rezzing in a hospital, you immediately port to a jail cell on the map and have to break out?  Those have an anti-teleport field in them, but it's possible that you were rezzed and ported before the field could take effect.

On 11/19/2019 at 9:48 AM, carroto said:

Is it possible that the map your were on had a jail or similar in it?  You know, the type that when you rez instead of exiting the instance and rezzing in a hospital, you immediately port to a jail cell on the map and have to break out?  Those have an anti-teleport field in them, but it's possible that you were rezzed and ported before the field could take effect.

It might well have had a jail. Good point.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:48 PM, carroto said:

This makes the most functional sense without it being a glitch.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)