Bring Back Galaxy City from release

"New hazard zone", that'd be a good use for GC I think ...

• Like 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

18 hours ago, Tater Todd said:

I too always started in Galaxy because..

1. I'm introvert and I like to go to places with less people
8 hours ago, Blackbird71 said:

(boldface added for emphasis)

A bit of an introvert myself, I can definitely appreciate this.  However, it is also one of the key reasons for not maintaining/bringing back Galaxy City; it just did not get as much use.  While a few people here have stated how they always used GC, "the plural of anecdote is not data" as they say.  The fact is that it was a much less travelled zone, and as such it is difficult to justify the effort it would take to bring it back.

Same here. Far less lag in GC without 100 milling about with all their toggles running.

How about a starting zone that is just the interior of an AE building with 2 exits, one to Talos and one to Sharkhead. 😉

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 7/20/2019 at 5:19 AM, Xaeon said:

Make destroyed galaxy city a new incarnate zone with another incarnate story line about fighting evil space jell-o. :U

I like the idea of Galaxy City becoming a level 50 zone, however I'd prefer them to build up Kallisti Wharf before doing that

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Icybubba said:

I like the idea of Galaxy City becoming a level 50 zone, however I'd prefer them to build up Kallisti Wharf before doing that

I agree 100% with this...let's make some use of the new real estate before we rehab the old one...

• Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

1 minute ago, justicebeliever said:

I agree 100% with this...let's make some use of the new real estate before we rehab the old one...

Right now Kallisti Wharf is essentially a gigantic trial zone that's kind of buggy. But it's gorgeous zone so I'd hate to see it go to waste. They should perhaps add in the Battalion to Kallisti Wharf

• Like 2

/signed

I'd prefer it as it was, though.

Storywise, they should have started rebuilding the zone.

I always preferred this zone for my new characters vs AP anyway.

Edited by krj12

A lot of us, myself included, loved Galaxy City the way it was back in the day: The road less traveled. A quieter, less laggy place to begin our new characters. This is still a valid concern in the current year. 

While there are many of us who agree that we would like to see GC restored to its original glory, I'm also sure that most of us would agree that our volunteer devs have many more important things on their plate and we don't want them worrying about something that is pretty low priority.

There is a way to kind of enjoy the flavor of the old days though, in the meantime between now and when that day a playable Galaxy is realized again. Roll your new alt, skip the tutorial, get into a supergroup and portal yourself to GC at level 1 and spend the next hour or so street sweeping until there's nothing but gray cons left. While you're there, take a spin around the zone and pick up all the badges and history plaques. You need them for accolades anyhow.

True, there's no BaBs or sg registrar or contacts, but it's one way to re-immerse yourself in a part of the game that's gone now. Pass by the P2W and forget about the double xp for a while as well and make it last just a little longer. 😊 

Edited by Moonshades
fixed typo
  • Like 4