The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Claws/Bio, expensive and leveling build for newbies.

Sovera

3 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

Agreed.

I'm thinking Rad/Claw tank.  What do you think?

Too clicky?

It should be fine, especially with No-Redraw Claws. You use Particle Shielding in between groups, Radiation Therapy and Ground Zero are more like PBAoE attacks that you squeeze into the attack chain once you're elbow deep in the enemy. As an added bonus, because of how Ground Zero works, if you team regularly, you'll end up with the "Empath" badge, which is my favorite badge to wear on a Tanker 🙂

7 hours ago, BZRKR said:

It should be fine, especially with No-Redraw Claws. You use Particle Shielding in between groups, Radiation Therapy and Ground Zero are more like PBAoE attacks that you squeeze into the attack chain once you're elbow deep in the enemy. As an added bonus, because of how Ground Zero works, if you team regularly, you'll end up with the "Empath" badge, which is my favorite badge to wear on a Tanker 🙂

All makes sense. 

Kinda sucks that you have to take Swipe as a tanker though.

• 4 months later
7 hours ago, Daramar said:

Running Mids v3.1.2.5    I can't get the links to work.

Any chance of doing a full export to this thread?

I just found Claws/Bio and its the fastest leveling toon I've ever made.

Thanks

Re-uploaded the thing, let me know if it works.

59 minutes ago, Daramar said:

I may have gone on 2 or 3 Hami raids on live...Can you explain why you took those 2 in Slash? And since they are level 53 will they Ex down when doing lower content?

Maybe put a Kenetic combat Knockdown and a Mako's Bite Lethal?

You just buy them off the auction house. They are expensive-ish but not more than the rest of the build. And they will exemplar down like everything. Level 50 HOs are fine too, 53 is just min maxing and probably cheaper to combine level 50 HOs yourself than to buy 53.

As for why they give the best bang for the buck. Because of Follow-up you can get away with just one and then slot the +5 damage. Slash can become really heavy with the procs since its endurance cost is low enough that it doesn't need it reduced, and it recharges fast enough it does not need recharge either.

But you can either slot 5 Hectacomb and a touch of Death proc (or the -res proc), or slot the 5 Blistering Cold and the Hectacomb damage proc, That last option lets you remove all slots from Strike and be able to spread them around the build as you see fit.

You're not going to break anything by changing the slotting around some so go wild.

• Like 1

• 2 years later
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Daramar said:

As of 7/7/2024 this link is not working. Any chance of bumping to newest Mids?

Thanks

Both links still work. I just imported it now

image.thumb.png.36b66d57f5c89ce19a622c7187a118b9.png

image.thumb.png.d723e9dca03cab897cca47e413b59c8d.png

Some powers can now be taken sooner such as Shockwave at 26 and Genetic Contamination at 30 but everything else is still the same.

I've re-uploaded the leveling build.

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2021 at 2:44 PM, Sovera said:

You just buy them off the auction house. They are expensive-ish but not more than the rest of the build. And they will exemplar down like everything. Level 50 HOs are fine too, 53 is just min maxing and probably cheaper to combine level 50 HOs yourself than to buy 53.

As for why they give the best bang for the buck. Because of Follow-up you can get away with just one and then slot the +5 damage. Slash can become really heavy with the procs since its endurance cost is low enough that it doesn't need it reduced, and it recharges fast enough it does not need recharge either.

But you can either slot 5 Hectacomb and a touch of Death proc (or the -res proc), or slot the 5 Blistering Cold and the Hectacomb damage proc, That last option lets you remove all slots from Strike and be able to spread them around the build as you see fit.

You're not going to break anything by changing the slotting around some so go wild.

This looks great, I've been looking for solo combinations to try difficult end game content at +4/8, would this combo be able to do this? Generally speaking, i know some things are going to be better than others.

I've been enjoying /bio on scrapper recently but I've never played claws or bio on brute

39 minutes ago, R jobbus said:

This looks great, I've been looking for solo combinations to try difficult end game content at +4/8, would this combo be able to do this? Generally speaking, i know some things are going to be better than others.

I've been enjoying /bio on scrapper recently but I've never played claws or bio on brute

Soloing anything at +4/x8 depends on the mob type. Bio should be fine for mobs which don't do heavy amounts of debuffs. I did Claws and Bio to 50 on separate Brutes and both are solid. 

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

51 minutes ago, R jobbus said:

It's pretty solid, and you won't be left wanting, but these days I hand the cake to the Stone/Fire Tanker in my signature. Decent damage, tankier, very solid from level 13 onwards.