Do Attuned & Boosters (+5's) combined Break the set?

Rooster Gold

I have 3 Luck of the Gambler sets of 5 all with +5 boosters 4 of them 50's with level 25's for the LOTG 7.5% Global Recharges.

Will Attuning the just the level 25 Chance for global recharge's I have slotted break the sets and remove the 3.75% S/L & 6.25% Mez resist the 5th slots provide?

+5-ing the level 25's gives me 15% Defense instead of 12% but if I Attune them market is showing them at 15.9%.

Do I keep +5's or can I Attune them for slight increase?

The same goes for any other sets, like Steadfast for instance.

Yup, what tidge said.  Only the Winter sets and ATOs get broken if you attune them.  Although in rare cases where the 2 and 3 slot bonuses are just that good, you can make 3 of the set superior and that would give you both the set bonus for 3 regular and 3 superior (Defender Vigilant Assault comes to mind).  That being said, most people that split the sets tend to put 3 superior in one power and the other 3 superior in another.  But sometimes builds are tight and that can work in those cases.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rooster Gold said:

+5-ing the level 25's gives me 15% Defense instead of 12% but if I Attune them market is showing them at 15.9%.

The reason you see a difference on attuned versus a level 25 of the same IO is because attuned sets are level-equivalent (they level with you, exemp with you). They are ultimately a better choice if you plan on exemp'in down at all.

The only scenario where I'd suggest it being worth boosting a specific enhancement would be one-offs and basic IO's, or in situations like proc slotting a power and using a slot or two for Dual/Triple IO's to max out those values as much as possible for those two pieces.

Also, you can attune one piece out of the set in a single ability, and still retain equivalent set bonuses (if I recall correctly). Meaning you could attune the 7.5% Global LotG, and 50+5 the rest of the pieces and still get the collective bonus.

15 minutes ago, Chance Jackson said:

Is that a thing?

Yes, there are several AT-O's where 2 or 3 pieces have a beneficial bonus that exceeds going for a full set. Masterminds and Scrappers are two other cases. One of the MM sets gives +10% Global Rech at two pieces, and one of the Scrapper sets gives a big push to S/L Def at 3, so it is common for people to slot them accordingly and catalyze them into Superior status. Very rarely will you ever see someone slot an entire set into one ability, and only catalyze half of it.

5 hours ago, HelenCarnate said:

Yup, what tidge said.  Only the Winter sets and ATOs get broken if you attune them.  Although in rare cases where the 2 and 3 slot bonuses are just that good, you can make 3 of the set superior and that would give you both the set bonus for 3 regular and 3 superior (Defender Vigilant Assault comes to mind).  That being said, most people that split the sets tend to put 3 superior in one power and the other 3 superior in another.  But sometimes builds are tight and that can work in those cases.

Overwhelming force has 3% damage for only 3 slots but don't see any Attuned option to make it purple.

My build is very unique but works for me, I +5 where ever I could that doesn't waste them.

Lets just say I wont need yellow inspirations any time soon with all the purple sets I have slotted, although It lacks in the tohitbuff department.

With the added Attuned I think things rounded up nicely.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Rooster Gold: Level 50 Mutation Blaster
Primary Power Set: Dual Pistols
Secondary Power Set: Temporal Manipulation
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Cold Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Pistols -- SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(3), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Time Wall -- GrvAnc-Hold%(A), GrvAnc-Immob(7), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(9), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(9), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(11)
Level 2: Dual Wield -- SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(A), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(13), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(21), WntGif-ResSlow(21), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(23), Rct-ResDam%(23)
Level 6: Swap Ammo
Level 8: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(25)
Level 10: Chronos -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), AdjTrg-ToHit(25), AdjTrg-Rchg(27)
Level 12: Time Stop -- Lck-%Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Hold(27), UnbCns-Hold(29), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(29), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(31), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(31)
Level 14: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 18: Executioner's Shot -- Dcm-Build%(A), Apc-Dam%(33), Apc-Dmg(33), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(33), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(34)
Level 20: Temporal Healing -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(34), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Def(37)
Level 24: Kick -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(37), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(39)
Level 26: Tough -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(39), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(39), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Ags-ResDam(40)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(40), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), LucoftheG-Def(42)
Level 30: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Hail of Bullets -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg(43), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(43), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 35: Flash Freeze -- FrtHyp-Plct%(A), FrtHyp-Sleep(45), FrtHyp-Acc/Sleep/Rchg(45), FrtHyp-Sleep/EndRdx(46)
Level 38: Time Lord -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(46), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(46)
Level 41: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 44: Hoarfrost -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(50), ImpArm-ResPsi(50)
Level 47: Hibernate -- PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(A)
Level 49: Tactics -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A), Clr-EndRdx(11)
Level 2: Rest -- IntRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- RgnTss-Regen+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(17), Mrc-Rcvry+(19), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(19)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 6: Chemical Ammunition
Level 6: Cryo Ammunition
Level 6: Incendiary Ammunition
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 50: Musculature Total Core Revamp
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment
Level 50: Void Total Core Judgement