Idea for possible advanced content

Love the game. The game is trivial at lvl 50. But love the game. While playing and talking to teamates, I came up with an Idea to put in some new advanced content.

Since new content/stories have been implemented/ proving it can be done, idea.

This is long range content ideas for the devs and so I don't forget it, or forget to mention it. it's only for the devs. But I realize I have to expose myself to the forum negative jackals to try and to get any idea across that isn't praise, gets at least 5 /jranger if its a good one, so here goes.

Advanced content for coh to bring back challenge

New incarnate stores - Just missions to start

to bring difficulty and teamwork back to coh, Announce that this is NEW INCARNATE content - make it in a totally different place like oroboros, it can be a different plane, an advance far in the future, a different planet, etc.

In order to make new content that challenges people without robbing them of their achievements, incarnates, accolades, etc here's the gist

All minions have 60% to hit, and do 25% more damage

All lieutenants have 65% to hit and do 35% more damage

All Bosses have 70% to hit and do 50% more damage

All AV's have 75% to hit and do 75% more damage

Raise the aggro cap to 20

With that one change, on the new content labeled NEW INCARNATE WORLD ONLY,

Controllers will be needed again, tanks will be needed again, teamwork will be needed again, healers needed again, damage barriers needed again, etc

All the incarnate abilities become useful instead of over the top.

Alternatively, (worse idea), you can tie it to the difficulty levels that people are complaining about.

at +1 difficulty All mobs have 55% to hit

at +2 all mobs have 60 to hit

at +3 all mobs have 65 to hit

at +4 all mobs have 70 ti hit

At +4 team members or more, all mobs get an additional +5% to hit.

Raise the aggro cap to 20

This would bring back old coh style playing, but you could put it manageable in a new enviornment that the player has to go to and understand the NEW rules there by choice.

I won't be checking back on this thread. just wanted to get it to the devs.

feel free to /jranger your heart out ( It's like people are camping out on the forums waiting to type it). well have fun you adorable trolls.

Edited by Captain Yesterday

while i do agree the game becomes way too easy when you are tricked out at level 50, & i also agree that more end game content is needed.

I firmly believe that the difficulty should go in another direction. i've found 4 man teams to be much more fun than mindless steamrolling with 8.

perhaps throwing a crapload of minions is obsolete for incarnate heroes. change the minions into lieutenants, the lieuts into bosses, and the bosses into EB's.

so each mob would consist of 2 EB's, 4 bosses and 8 lieuts. this difficulty would be higher than 4x8 and only available to those who had unlocked all incarnate slots.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

6 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

It honestly seems that the issue is 8 man teams, I wonder if some content could be made that forces a set number of people?

I would be extremely against any content that forces a set number of people below eight.  I already extremely dislike the Summer Blockbuster and the Halloween trial because of this.

I am all for options.  Right now we have the option for large teams, small teams, solo, whatever.  I dont favor changing that.  Maybe lifting any existing restrictions that force large teams would increase options as well as difficulty (for those who want more challenge).

More content is an excellent idea.  More storylines were recently added so we know its on the HC teams radar to do.  I am also in favor of tweaking the notoriety options so they can provide more (or less) difficulty for the folks who want it.  

On 12/8/2019 at 4:58 AM, boggo2300 said:

multiple objectives that need to be completed simultaneously sounds a great idea actually

Ironically, in this context, the few simultaneous objectives that existed, like the Cavern of Transcendence trial glowies, have been taken out on HC so that people can run the content with smaller teams.

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

4 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

Ironically, in this context, the few simultaneous objectives that existed, like the Cavern of Transcendence trial glowies, have been taken out on HC so that people can run the content with smaller teams.

well they were taken out pre-homecoming to help with the small population on the SCORE server I suspect

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!