Dark Armour -END reduction tweeks

on live, my main was always a Spine/DA scrapper, much fun over the years. it was a great killing machine, but had one greater weakness (and Im not talking about the actual armour side being really weedy) but its END cost and the fact its all "toggle"based!.

I remember Cryptic saying they will be looking into this making it a little more playable without a Kin or empath on your shoulder. - and then servers went down... :/

Right now, as of lvl 40, its turning into an unplayable mess. - it _just works_ for solo, as I can take my time, but playing in a group that wants to hurry along, it is just a nightmare of running without defence and/or my powerset.

And before anyone jumps in and yells at me, Ive 2 slotted end reduction on everything

Yes spines is hungry too, and one of the most power hungry sets there is. in reality its a terrible pairing. - but the playstyle is just so much fun. but sadly the only way to enjoy it currently is the use of P2W items (that cost a lot) or to run with an empath.

I will keep on grinding and in hope that it will get looked at sometime. (spines & or DA set)

Thanks

CM

ex:UNION, - ArtOfWar SG! - Ahh Good times!

Totally agree that the dark armors need the end usage reduced a bit  i had the same and i have been working on a spines/dark brute as well now  and the end drain is INCREDIBLE!!! even slotting massively for end reduction and slotted stamina  don't help.

I feel you jack!. - and to make matters worse, its the only scrapper set in game that doesn't provide natural knock-back. and for a scrapper thats AoE, this is essential. - so you need to dip into the acrobatics pool, yet more toggles and more end drain!..

And before anyone jumps in and yells at me, Ive 2 slotted end reduction on everything

Thanks

CM

That may not be your most endurance efficient strategy. I remember seeing where someone ran the numbers and found that adding a damage actually did more for endurance than an end red. Can't remember where, probably buried in the old forums.

Also back on live a theft of essence + endurance proc in the heal helped a ton. Not sure if the changes to procs per minute would have made that not the case or not.

Incarnate abilities. Numina. Miricle. Accolades that increase max endurance.  Tons of set bonuses that give additional recovery.  There are plenty of in game options already to make it more playable.

These are certainly solutions, but is that really how we're going to measure how properly a set functions? It seems we should be looking at the set itself, evaluating how it compares for endurance cost compared to other armor sets on their own merits, and then judging wether the set needs to be tweaked for end cost.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Incarnate abilities. Numina. Miricle. Accolades that increase max endurance.  Tons of set bonuses that give additional recovery.  There are plenty of in game options already to make it more playable.

I have taken pool recovery options as well as other trial and error things via a few respecs over the years (back on live) - but even then its still not enough.. - the reason Cryptic was going to look at it, as they saw a flaw in the design.. I was hoping it was fixed on my return but sadly not.

One thing I could get behind would be Dark Regeneration to have a slightly smaller heal in exchange for adding a small +end +recovery based on the number of mobs hit.  All the newer sets have something similar like DNA Siphon and Radiation Therapy.  Dark Regen's heal is way too strong and a lot of the healing is wasted.  Just 2 heal IOs and 2 mobs hit and you go from 1hp to full and even unslotted will heal you 3x over in large groups.  As long as the hit to the heal is small, it would not even be noticed unless you were up against 1 enemy.

Another tweak that would be workable would be to move immobilization protection to Obsidian shield where all the other protections are which means that you can turn off Cloak of Darkness while in combat as the small defense it provides is useless unless you build just for defense.  At that point you would be spending a ton of money and would likely be adding recovery in your build as well.

I think DA suffers less from actual end problems, and more from too many toggles (not quite the same thing). All that needs to happen is to roll two powers into one..perhaps Cloak of Fear and Cloak of Darkness into the single power (since they BOTH have cloak in the name, makes sense).

This would also be a great change to give the set a real tier9..and the single BEST patron power ever..Shadow Meld. It is pretty for DA..a quick shot of increased defence.

Also...giving that NONE of the newer melee def sets lack for KB protection..is there really a reason why Dark/Fire lack knockback prot?

I also like the idea of Dark Regen giving +rec..or maybe even some +absorb, when you are healed 'over' your full HP.