When is a Tsoo not a Tsoo?

Heraclea

When they're in Dark Astoria, apparently. 

Just got alpha unlocked and slotted on a character.  Started running Heather Townsend in DA.  Got to the Tsoo safehouse mission. 

Figured I'd open up a costume slot while I did that. Got Serge's Defeat 30 Tsoos mission.  Waited for the ambush, after which there were 27 Tsoos to defeat. 

Went to the safehouse and defeated more than 30 Tsoos easily. 

Mission counter still has 27 Tsoos to defeat.  Will have to go to Talos and clear it fighting grays. 

I think that Tsoos should be Tsoos and all count for the total. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

40 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

When they're in Dark Astoria, apparently. 

Just got alpha unlocked and slotted on a character.  Started running Heather Townsend in DA.  Got to the Tsoo safehouse mission. 

Figured I'd open up a costume slot while I did that. Got Serge's Defeat 30 Tsoos mission.  Waited for the ambush, after which there were 27 Tsoos to defeat. 

Went to the safehouse and defeated more than 30 Tsoos easily. 

Mission counter still has 27 Tsoos to defeat.  Will have to go to Talos and clear it fighting grays. 

I think that Tsoos should be Tsoos and all count for the total. 

It's location based like the hunt mission in citadel TF that's in IP.

I'm pretty sure the tsoo hunt mission is in steel.  Or used to be at least.

I do the crey from IP icon and the nemmies from FF icon in CF, so it would stand to reason that you can do the tsoo from SC icon in another zone, as well. 

DA enemies have added 'incarnate' difficulty so maybe that's why they didnt count?  

I agree, a Tsoo is a Tsoo is a Tsoo.  Or should be.

Edited by EmmySky

I don't think it is zone related because Tsoos defeated in Steel, IP, and Talos all count  I tested that after being surprised by this.  I know that Tsoo defeated in radios or in story arcs also used to count, since I finished Serge while running that newer mission with the corrupt museum curator on another character.   Just not DA.   

On the other hand, IIRC you can't work on the IP defeat Creys by running a Manticore, because that mission doesn't exist for you on the TF. 

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 12/26/2019 at 1:13 PM, Heraclea said:

I don't think it is zone related because Tsoos defeated in Steel, IP, and Talos all count  I tested that after being surprised by this.  I know that Tsoo defeated in radios or in story arcs also used to count, since I finished Serge while running that newer mission with the corrupt museum curator on another character.   Just not DA. 

In the dialog you get when receiving the mission, Serge specifically suggests Talos Island as someplace you can find Tsoo to defeat. It may be a level-range issue, since all of the Tsoo you'll find in those three zones are 29 or below.

That seems likely - when Serge's mission was created, the Tsoo did not go all the way to 50, I think they stopped at 25 or 30. It was with CoV that the next tier of the level range was added, along with some new varieties, and even then I don't think they went to 50.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

13 hours ago, Erydanus said:

That seems likely - when Serge's mission was created, the Tsoo did not go all the way to 50, I think they stopped at 25 or 30. It was with CoV that the next tier of the level range was added, along with some new varieties, and even then I don't think they went to 50.

That could be,  Might try taking Serge's mission on a rogue or vigilante (if they can get it) and then go defeat some St. Martial Tsoos to see if they count. 

I seem to recall a similar issue on Live; one of the special units in one of the incarnate factions not counting towards defeat badges (Tsoo sorcerers, Pantheon masks, etc), IIRC. The dev explanation was that the Incarnate versions of non-Incarnate factions were technically a new, faction that had the same name on the display, but a different one internally. I don't know if anything was ever changed to fix that or not, or if that would apply to this issue.

• Like 1