I Love Knockback  

97 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about knockback?

• Love (Keep it as is)
    • Love (Tweaks would be okay)
    • Hate (Get rid of it)
    • Hate (Tweaks would be okay)
    • Wish it was knockdown instead
    • Players should be able to toggle it as wanted/needed.

People already ask Eng blasters if they have the procs slotted.  So thinking there won't be drama around a toggle is naive.  

The solution to a teammate with too much knockback is to charge in front of them so you get your AOEs off first.  Leeroy!

Edited by Haijinx
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Leogunner said:

You're just pissing in peoples cheerios and calling it courtesy.

The person getting kicked is not the victim here.

If one person is knocking stuff around everywhere making others lives worse then they are known as a "troll"

They are not the victim here.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

People already ask Eng blasters if they have the procs slotted.  So thinking there won't be drama around a toggle is naive.  

The solution to a teammate with too much knockback is to charge in front of them so you get your AOEs off first.  Leeroy!

And if said toggle is a low cost/free from the P2W vendor there should be no issue here, outside of the persons unwillingness to play nice with others for the duration of the group.

Right now, I can see it being a pain due to the cost of said IOs, and moving enhancements slots around to make room.  And if your argument really is "they already do that" then a toggle knockdown IO will make things easier for group leaders, and the energy blasters.

5 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

The person getting kicked is not the victim here.

If one person is knocking stuff around everywhere making others lives worse then they are known as a "troll"

They are not the victim here.

THERE IS NO VICTIM.

You're not a victim.  The team isn't a victim.  The KB'er isn't a victim.  Everyone's just playing the game.  It's YOU who is grasping at that label.

What I don't get is, there is already a vocal enough subset of people that complain about KB and stuff, most advocates of KB are already careful of it.  Most n00bs are steered clear of it buy those vocal crowds.  I see more players spamming AoE immobs than I see spamming AoE KB without the proc.  I see more broken Bonfire users than Nova users by a mile, but the hint that a few targets got flung away and you're the victim?  If I were calling anyone a victim, it'd be the people you guys scare away from every trying powers with KB.

But to reiterate, there aren't any victims here, just pretenders.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

8 minutes ago, Leogunner said:

THERE IS NO VICTIM.

You are correct, and many people keep making the argument "Well if they add a toggle that means people will bully me into using it..."

Making there even less reason to not have a knockdown toggle

8 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

You are correct, and many people keep making the argument "Well if they add a toggle that means people will bully me into using it..."

Making there even less reason to not have a knockdown toggle

Whether that'd happen or not is yet to be seen because the situation doesn't exist.  For all I know, harassment could occur from it.

But I don't really agree fully with that rationality anyway.  I could see skilled users with a no-animation/cast toggle like described as being very powerful and useful...

...but I don't want the toggle because you people don't need more power (I'm talking about everyone: those that would utilize controlled KB and KB>KD swapping on the fly, and elitists who must keep everything contained in tiny balls to mindlessly AoE stuff down).

If you want your KB to be KD, slot for it like you do now.  End of story.

Edited by Leogunner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, kelika2 said:

There are 2-7 others on a team

if one knockback/scatter person is throwing a tantrum it is not a me problem especially in most cases i can remove them from the group people a vast majority of people hate forming groups

People who throw tantrums like that are the reason we need a knockback toggle.

You don't speak for the other 2-7 players. And unless that specific individual says something, you don't know how they feel. This isn't about the other teammates, this is about you not liking knock back, that is it. These teammates you mentioned, you are merely using them as props, as things, to put some moral spin on this subject to hopefully get what you want. Like I said earlier, this argument is pure bullshit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

You don't speak for the other 2-7 players. And unless that specific individual says something, you don't know how they feel. This isn't about the other teammates, this is about you not liking knock back, that is it. These teammates you mentioned, you are merely using them as props, as things, to put some moral spin on this subject to hopefully get what you want. Like I said earlier, this argument is pure bullshit.

I have been thanked for removing people with Hurricane on all the time.  Frequent users of Dimension Shift and yes, even Energy Blasters.

Its bullshit to you because you dont want it to be true.  Because you cannot refute them other than calling them bullshit

I have never ever once had someone else leave/or the group falling apart because I removed someone being a detriment/troll/bad player

And you are correct, I hate knockback.  Not sure why it had to be said by you since it was said by me the entire thread.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1