Homecoming Privacy Policy Update

Jimmy

• City Council

Hello everyone!

Today we’re publishing an updated privacy policy, which you can find here. This time around we’ve included explainers in-line with each section of the policy so there’s not a huge amount for us to say here!

We’re doing this in order to enable the Homecoming Crash Handler for the Pineapple Stress Test that’s happening this Saturday. Once active, you’ll now see this when the game crashes:

u31rwKkz7a2lo2s8o1ld0JzYytaeAIIcEthUEA7fQFDMdRe63fZUzZhjU3b59P44hPkHtQshs2LIutj_8J2tJwhCJZcnVQGoJQF9EX4dgd0SiNF3VjsjNI7PLvWmmHrmKaKtW9cG

This tool will allow you to upload crash reports to us which are incredibly helpful in resolving any issues you are facing. This is especially important if you are currently only able to use Safe Mode, as it will soon be discontinued. Assuming all goes well with the test, the crash handler will be pushed to the live servers soon.

That’s all for today - see you on Pineapple on Saturday!

- The Homecoming Team

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Thank you for making the level of details reported optional and for expressly stating your intentions.  It goes a long way, so it's appreciated.

but, uhhhh . . . was there always that bit about marketing?  That seems new and doesn't really seem to fit in with the general thrust of Homecoming up to this point.  I'm hoping it's just an artefact of wherever you got the template form for that privacy policy from.

• City Council

The marketing statements are just to make everything explicit.

As the Policy states in 4.1(D):

... that you request from us or which we feel may interest you where you have asked us to do so.

And in 4.2(A):

We will never share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes without first obtaining your consent.

Presumably you are not requesting any marketing from us, and have not given your consent for us to share information with any third parties.

The Homecoming Team considers the privacy and security of our players to be extremely important.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

This tool will allow you to upload crash reports to us which are incredibly helpful in resolving any issues you are facing. This is especially important if you are currently only able to use Safe Mode, as it will soon be discontinued.

Good job getting this implemented before Safe Mode goes bye-bye.  As you're aware, there is a 'non trivial' amount of concern about that.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Agreed!  They are trying their level best to make sure that as few players get left behind as possible.  It's more than most Dev teams would even attempt, and a rarity in the industry these days.  They are to be commended.

What was no more, is REBORN!