Look Without Turning

Amhiel

Game is driving me crazy because I can't free looking around without my character turning. I can't find how to look around while walking / running. Even standing still and looking around causes my character to spin. Is there anyway to accomplish this most basic feature every game has?

@Roderick  ty, this is a start. Now I have to figure out how to make the camera auto position itself behind my toon as soon as I let go of the middle button. I can't believe how much trouble this is. It's such a basic thing. I've never come across a game where the cam doesn't swing right back into position. 

Edited by Amhiel

@Roderick   Hey man thanks again. That info you gave set me on a track for a work around for all the things I needed set in game. Sure they aren't auto like you would expect, but after getting used to manually clicking, and assigning to other buttons, I should be fine after a while. Now I can finally leave the steps I've been at all day since I joined the game. 

1 hour ago, Amhiel said:

@Roderick  ty, this is a start. Now I have to figure out how to make the camera auto position itself behind my toon as soon as I let go of the middle button. I can't believe how much trouble this is. It's such a basic thing. I've never come across a game where the cam doesn't swing right back into position. 

Right, I forgot about that part. The only way (that I know of) to make it realign itself is to zoom all the way in, so that you're in first person view, and then back out. You can use the scroll wheel, or there's a hot key that instantly snaps you in, then if you press it again, snaps back out to the distance it was set to before. For me, it's End, but I can't remember if that's the default, or if I changed it at some time.

19 minutes ago, Roderick said:

Right, I forgot about that part. The only way (that I know of) to make it realign itself is to zoom all the way in, so that you're in first person view, and then back out. You can use the scroll wheel, or there's a hot key that instantly snaps you in, then if you press it again, snaps back out to the distance it was set to before. For me, it's End, but I can't remember if that's the default, or if I changed it at some time.

the default for that is b

• Thanks 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

I don't think there is that option to automatically return to the back of the character. What I do is use the middle button to turn the camera without moving, and then control + middle button to reset the camera.