From Running SafeMode on MacOS to 64bit AND how to install the New Mac based Mids

choake

Cleaning up for 32 64bit AND mac Hero Builder.pdf

Step by step, includes ALL programs, Terminal Commands, and even how to save your custom bits before you clean up.. 

Very simple, and easy to follow... 

Tested on 3 Macs, 2 mid 2011 and 2015 High Sierra..  Stable and Amazing.. 

P.s. (Friendly Tip/Ease of Use for Mac HeroBuilder)

AFTER installing everything, Right click HeroDesigner.exe -- Get Info -- Open with WINE STABLE  

From now on, it'll open on your Mac Desktop by Default

1354173268_ScreenShot2020-01-11at4_29_52AM.png.0d7ed878af3e25accb238f1faf412145.png

1591173501_ScreenShot2020-01-11at4_30_09AM.png.3a9de065f1601b789e4c2ef115d1a1e4.png

Just incase there's any confusion in terminal with this command, it got split into multi lined when i Formatted into PDF.. So here's the Command Line, in one go, I apologize! 

ruby -e “$(curl -fsSL https:// raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/ master/uninstall)”

Cleaning up for 32 64bit AND mac Hero Builder.pdf

Edited by choake
Touch Ups
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is The EXACT step by step I took in order to get all the systems going... The only snag I could image is with  Operating Systems, but Wine 4.xx works on macOS 10.8 to 10.14 (Wine won't work on macOS Catalina 10.15)Directly from Wine's Own Site and no worries, there is a solution, but my understanding/resource is Homebrew and Wine 4.xx that makes the magic happen.. Multiple programs and ways can possibly achieve this..

**Had a few Emails asking steps and such, so I narrowed down the details, to ONLY what is needed... My guide is longer for the purpose of beginners, as many are written as if Experience is a Given, I tried hard not to do that, as Im just "The Troubleshoot Guy"..**

It's frustrating getting this to work out, I feel ya on that, So I'll type this up as if I've got it installed, am uninstalling it, making sure the pieces that are left behind get erased as well(some manual bits) and then how to reinstall and setup from scratch.. I'll be as detailed and concise as I can, I'll assume you have the new IslandRum they posted on the forums, and the other software I'm going to be referring too, Here's a link to my GoogleDrive with all the software and added bonuses in my data file Vidiotmap patch and such..  Especially since here I can make sure the coding formats properly, word documents aren't so great for that...  Thanks for your time, and reading this lengthy walkthrough...

FIRST Open Terminal(in finder CMD+Shift+U or Applications/Utitlites)

sudo spctl --master-disable

This disables a sometimes troublesome feature called GateKeeper, it has it's benefits, blocking unwanted "unknown" developers, but here it gets in the way...

If you are concerned with anything in your global file, this is when you'd copy it out, and save for later...   

Builds
Costumes
data
PowerCust
keybinds.txt
options.txt
resume_info.txt

Now it's time to uninstall Rum and City of heroes... 

Open App Cleaner, Select Island Rum... Look to the Bottom right Corner Remove Service Files

**Repeat the same for City of Heroes

Now comes the sort of technical aspect, but it's super easy, just appears complicated and foreign... Most of this is going to take place in terminal, with one final part in Finder..

In Terminal, Run 

Brew uninstall Wine

Brew uninstall Winetricks

brew rm wine && brew rm $(join <(brew leaves) <(brew deps wine))

That one is just to be EXTRA deep cleaning

Typically there are/can be remnants of Folders left behind, even after all that.. so now We're going to clear them out, optional but highly recommended.. 

One last command to get everything scrubbed and fresh for Stability... (the split command in my PDF, I apologize)

ruby -e “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/ master/uninstall)”

Only manual erase part you have to dealing with left over wine.. it won't destroy your computer, or break it

From Finder, in the Menu bar, Click GO , scroll down and Select Go To Folder

Go-to-Folder.png.5798bfc71aeb346a65e00b20c584b5ab.pngHow-to-Uninstall-Wine-WineBottler-for-Mac-4.png.25b4e8b7eead32344a8d1e1952150c1e.png

Enter Each one separately and hit enter, you're looking for ANYTIHING wine  

If you find anything, send it to the trash and empty it...

~Library/Caches,
~/Library/Preferences,
~/Library/ApplicationSupport,
~/Library/LaunchAgents,
~/Library/LaunchDaemons,
~/Library/PreferencePanes,
~/Library/StartupItems

Then comes the fun part of rebuilding...

In Applications, create and Empty Folder CoH(if you moved the folder earlier data etc, you can place them back into this Folder before we begin install) Also unzip the new IslandRum, and Place in Applications.

Install XQuartzeven though it says log off, restart instead, we've been modifying a Lot..

Once again Open Terminal, and copy these codes, so everything gets sorted properly..

Thankfully most of this is done with Installers now, but we're lucky and get to do it this way lol...

xcode-select --/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)”

Now to open and the Wine Apps, 

Wine Stable 4.0.3

WineBottlerCombo_1.8.6

YAY, only a few more lines of code for Terminal.... Each one by one.

sudo ln -s /opt/X11 /usr/X11
brew install Caskroom/cask/xquartz
brew install --only-dependencies --devel wine

After ALLLLLL of this, now you can Open up Island Rum, we will be routing it into the CoH folder made in Applications... We need it to start the download process into that folder, so when we use Wine, it has something to Build on, Specifically CityOfHeroes.exe

Untitled-1.png.ade76393eb5e5ea0a36ffc8b8e994187.png

I chose to let the entire countdown complete, something around 132files...

NOW, after seeing CityOfHeroes.exe(it's not ABSOLUTE to wait like I did) is the time to run Wine Stable and type in wine cityofheroes.exe

1308441321_WineStable.png.ac44b7ca1abebd08a871c4787c755d51.png

With IslandRum, AND CoH folder with CityofHeroes.exe inside, this program will be able to locate it, and if everything lined up correctly, some prompts will appear, and something similar to this should occur...

1327138461_ScreenShot2020-01-10at1_18_56AM.thumb.png.958a5c44ed2aa9e4ac97cd890af467d4.png

Seems like a lot, and daunting, but just one step at a time, and it'll work... When you see how Immaculate 64bit looks, you will be BLOWN AWAY... 

Thanks for reading my miniBook..

-Cho

Edited by choake
  • Like 2

• 1 month later
On 1/12/2020 at 8:29 AM, choake said:

xcode-select --/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)”

I have a problem at this step: I get a plain vanilla caret prompt and nothing happens. Typing in my password or "y" doesn't move it along. I let it set for an hour to make sure I wasn't being hasty; I'm pretty sure I wasn't.

• 1 month later
6 hours ago, ParaBruce said:

I still get the same dead-end I described in February. Any help?

Edit: that command has several issues.  Not sure how it should actually look.  This is a guess:

/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"

Edited by Yuro

Hey, that worked, thank you! And it worked but delivered this message:

Warning: The Ruby Homebrew installer is now deprecated and has been rewritten in
Bash. Please migrate to the following command:
  /bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install.sh)"

22 minutes ago, ParaBruce said:

Hey, that worked, thank you! And it worked but delivered this message:

Warning: The Ruby Homebrew installer is now deprecated and has been rewritten in
Bash. Please migrate to the following command:
  /bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install.sh)"

You can see if it installed homebrew by running "brew help".

Edited by Yuro

Hmm. Got another problem.

Athena:~ bruce$ brew install --only-dependencies --devel wine
Updating Homebrew...
==> Auto-updated Homebrew!
Updated 3 taps (homebrew/core, homebrew/cask and caskroom/cask).
==> Updated Formulae
pianobar
Error: No available formula with the name "wine" 
==> Searching for a previously deleted formula (in the last month)...
Warning: homebrew/core is shallow clone. To get complete history run:
  git -C "$(brew --repo homebrew/core)" fetch --unshallow
Error: No previously deleted formula found.
==> Searching for similarly named formulae...
These similarly named formulae were found:
twine-pypi                                  winetricks ✔                                winexe
To install one of them, run (for example):
  brew install twine-pypi
==> Searching taps...
==> Searching taps on GitHub...
Error: No formulae found in taps.

for ease/better graphics, I use iterm2 instead of Mac's builtin Terminal, much easier to read...

Ok.. Lets Start off by removing old homebrew installs and bits.. THEN, begin from scratch on that area..

Going to run TWO commands in terminal, just to make certain...

First.. 

brew cleanup

Second

ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/uninstall)"

In Finder, look up to menubar - Click GO -- Go TO FOLDER (manually removing any left over crumbs) I like to be diligent so errors or conflicts don't emerge..) Search each one at a time for anything WINE, Move to trash/Delete

~/Library/Caches,
~/Library/Preferences,
~/Library/Application Support
~/Library/LaunchAgents,
~/Library/LaunchDaemons,
~/Library/PreferencePanes,
~/Library/StartupItems

Same goes for COH stuff, from safemode times and island rum, different process but if needed I can walk you step by step for that in a reply if needed.. Basically, HOLD ON/BACKUP/SAVE These in the Coh folder directory for your personal settings/binds/windows options

Builds
Costumes
data
PowerCust
keybinds.txt
options.txt
resume_info.txt

Empty TRASH and restart so we can get Rolling...

FIRST Open Terminal and enter 

Second.. In your Applications Folder, Make a FOLDER named COH.. Very different from the original way it was installed...

Download and install

Lets make sure all the dependencies are in place...  

Xquartz

Wine - 5.x Newest direct link

WineBottler - Catalina I don't need it/doesn't work, so it's ok if it doesn't

IN TERMINAL.... 

let that run it's course.. then 

brew doctor

then one by one..

sudo ln -s /opt/X11 /usr/X11
brew install --only-dependencies --devel wine

Followed with 

brew update

If you saved any of the COH files I shared above, copy them into the COH folder in Applications, AFTER running IslandRum Forum Direct DL Link

P.S. I've ran these steps on High Sierra AND Catalina, and everything works, its just clearing out the old scraps left behind, and setting a blank slate..

Hopefully this helps..

-Cho

Edited by choake
TypoFix

Notes as I go:

* I had all my costumes, keybinds, etc, backed up, so that fine.

* Early steps went fine.

* You have a typo here: ~Library/Caches - figuring out it should be ~/Library/Caches wasn't rocket surgery. 🙂

* Ditto with ~/Library/ApplicationSupport - just needs to be ~/Library/Application Support

I have to go to bed before quite finishing, but I'm as far as "brew doctor" and it's all working. The dramatic conclusion comes in the morning!

• Haha 1

Well shoot:

Athena:~ bruce$ brew install --only-dependencies --devel wine
Updating Homebrew...
==> Auto-updated Homebrew!
Updated 2 taps (homebrew/core and caskroom/cask).
==> Updated Formulae
ddgr                                    prometheus                              velero
==> Updated Casks
aether
Error: No available formula with the name "wine" 
==> Searching for a previously deleted formula (in the last month)...
Error: No previously deleted formula found.
==> Searching for similarly named formulae...
These similarly named formulae were found:
twine-pypi                              winetricks                              winexe
To install one of them, run (for example):
  brew install twine-pypi
==> Searching taps...
==> Searching taps on GitHub...
Error: No formulae found in taps.

• 2 weeks later

So, running into a very strange issue that's starting to really frustrate me. Had City installed just fine on my Mini. Upgraded computers, used the transfer assistant to move everything over, and now City doesn't work. From what my computer illiterate ass can figure, there's an issue with Wine somewhere along the way. Both computers are running OSX 10.15.4, with the exception that CoX doesn't run on the new computer. Tried everything, to the best of my knowledge, in the first two posts, but still no dice. Wine Stable shows as outdated and is unable to be opened and I can't seem to find how/where to update it to a version that works; not sure if operator error or program age. Attached in a screenshot of what happens when I try to launch the game. If anyone could give some/any input in the most illiterate friendly way possible, I'd greatly appreciate it. Island Rum loads up just fine and closes on its own, as selected in the options, and then the two additional windows appear and nothing happens.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later

Update!

FIRSTLY

IF POSSIBLE -- a 2+gigabyte USB/Flashdrive(to export keybinds, window setups, options, and a few others) if not just on Desktop on under your /User Folder tucked away to move back after the "complicated cleanup" is done... the MAIN server saves a majority, but vidiotmaps/custom environments/ are not included... I plan on adding a Pocket D Mix of DaftPunk songs, 4 in total, every room is a different mix(youtube video imminent) -- ALL DRAG AND DROP

Summer Classes start in TWO weeks, Mostly Microsoft Comp++/Web authoring stuffs, anyways..

So I'll be Formatting both my High Sierra Macbook pro AND my iMac 27(ill post specs when im around the Device) with Catalina..

I recently bought el Gato, so i can record literally Step by Step in real time, on  100% fully factory reset Devices, (I double run the erase to remove the hanger ons that happen sometimes)... 

My Plan

MacBook is mid 2015 -- Older system, so a few Extra steps are involved here, nothing complex but I have a feeling this is where the confusion is coming from vs more current MacOS Operating Systems

1424619289_bydefault2020-04-29at4_13_46AM.png.10ef87559c97f2155bd9201afab9933d.png

iMac is 2019 -- With the catalina, a few of the "high sierra" steps are un-needed, so hopefully I can visually answer some puzzles you've eperienced.. 1361948096_ScreenShot2020-04-29at7_04_13AM.png.0ae159c8e50df6afb9a2197163e4e02c.png

It'll be fairly IDENTICAL to the 2 guides I posted, but this time you can see the placements, the storage, etc.. Technology can be a struggle, and I TRULY hope I can assist my Mac Gamer Folk in getting this to work....

ALSO!!! I'll be both getting New Mids to work, and showing the process to update the base program with the weekly release's they have been putting out.. Also, fairly straight forward once you see the motions needed and the proper steps to get there... I look forward to HOPEFULLLLLY getting everyone up to Challenge... 

.:By no means and I trying to Motivational speak with you:. but OldSkool NCdays, mac CoH was near impossible, it VANISHED for almost a decade, and now you have the opportunity to not only do some fun command line programming type stuff, but also, overcoming that internalized giving up imma break fear trigger, that comes with new things with expensive tech... Very RARELY do I get to say, even if it spits on 6errors relating to wine or Homebrew or xQuartz or whatever, you WILL NOT break the computer(unless you do in fact break it, and then you can upgrade to both THE prison, and Guards, known as APFAS(not important, but think of everything you do, taking 2-5 extra steps to just open a program, like a MacNanny McPhee, only less magic and more brickwalls to climb(lol joking but it's close)

So I'll begin the clean install as soon as everything has cloned and been wiped clear, and it's like a newly birthed tech...

And one last word... I do have a discord, not so mch for chit chattery or whatever, it's ONLY in reference to this forking path of misadventure, and see through walls,  we find ourselves on...  SO.... Feel free, to toss me a message in Discord, its both Text and Voice, and the Link is Perm.. https://discord.gg/acg9J96

This is a multy layed project, Fun, perplexing, sometimes WTF annoying, and other it just "works"... 

In closing, on High Sierra, from scratch, clean install 6 different times from literally filling out username etc...

Catalina -- 3 times, also from barebones nothing installed to help, and overtime it's ran to perfection(not to brag, but I WILL HELP YOU get there!!!!)

Kidding(sorta...) LOL

IMG_0030.png.d85a333c4f4cbfc936ddcbb24e12bdeb.png 

After(below)/or BEFORE even beginning to start doing things.......

1.) Reboot your computer(powercord in ) and press Command CMD and R together(recovery mode)...

2.) MenuBar(top) look for utilities and open Command/Terminal(and OPEN TERMINAL)

3.) Copy THIS ->> sudo spctl --master-disable (also below for ease of copy/paste) PRESS ENTER...... THEN!

After that Above Followed By, - https://www.imore.com/how-turn-system-integrity-protection-macos -- also hit enter after enter below into command line works Prompt Window, I go a few steps further just by personal preference like a diagnostic test I suppose.... 

csrutil disable

you WILL recognized some daily annoyances this helps bypass hurdles(always can renable link provides how, as we work to install a complex program...  known as Gatekeeper

After the 2 Recovery Mode terminal projects, above, the "final" once booted from  --> the Apple DropDownButton(top left screen and restart(PLEASE do SHUTDOWN)... Now we can being...

DO NOT FORGET, All at once, Hit Command + Option + P + R (immediately after pressing power on, try for as little delay as possible, hold for 2 chimes, the system will reboot/spool up again, the 2nd generally is louder and has done it's job... P.s. Some laptops and imacs/etc have alternatives to the procedure 2 lines up, just minimal options, nothing complex.... So, Since that's out of the way.... I'd HIGHLY recommend Hitting up my GoogleDrive(most updated Vidiotmap text patchs, and a installer than completely themes/revamps ALL our standand power icon buttons we've seen for 15yrs...

Also I tweaked a few ingame features, and I changed the Fonts as well, one is Patrick Hand Regular -  Canted Comic  Not intrusive/Flashy...

j

There are may many may more tips/tweaks and fun bits here and there, but justed wanted to update, as I've been working to mainline/simplify the process... Lastly, I'll give a look at the "addons" I have within my Direct Link to CoH core File Downloads. DaftPunk Pocket D music, Vidiotmap patchs, alternative fonts, handyPopmenus on and on CoH Folder, 1= AutoLog from character loading screen, another is an ingame "popup windows that capilizes on your Many Macro Bits, and even a much more complex Custom PopMenu with 20-50 powers in dropdown menus.. It's Glorious, I apologize for the large graphic, wanted you to see the Alternative Power/Inspiration etc Icons, the Map patches and the Font overlays...  Last file/document type text file, think of this as AutoLogin. It's in your main CoH file, and everytime you load up, it autoFills your login into, without doing anything other than hitting "submit/Enter" First line is username/second is passwordresume_info.txt

995307438_bydefault2020-04-29at6_19_12AM.thumb.png.a85bdd2e461ab2cd6ca8217df504d606.png

So, Hopefully up to now, I've been able to help in someway, and MAYBE a video tutorial, can fill the gaps... Thanks for reading my Stupid long post, and until next time... ALWAYS feel free to hit me up, no matter what the situation, from gameplay to installs, to life in general...

Once again, here is my Discord link(permanent link) OSX CoH and HeroDesginer Build 101s MAC Hero Designer(and weekly patch update howto) - CoH install Help - and whatever else you may want.. Both Text and Voice are welcomed. Good Hunting 

-Cho

Trippy.jpg.97c9aa4e8fa959413e3b4dfb61e50508.jpg

Edited by choake
  • Like 1

Hello.

I appreciate all the work you put into this.

I just checked the google drive folder you shared. Except for fonts and custom.window there don't appear to be any files there. Everything else is an empty folder nested inside other folders.

Did you remove them, or are you planning on adding to them later?

• 4 weeks later
On 5/2/2020 at 9:58 AM, Garble said:

Hello.

I appreciate all the work you put into this.

I just checked the google drive folder you shared. Except for fonts and custom.window there don't appear to be any files there. Everything else is an empty folder nested inside other folders.

Did you remove them, or are you planning on adding to them later?

Let me check, been crazy busy with summer school.. i apologize

Here's the link, it's working Gdrive

Edited by choake

2 hours ago, Garble said:

FYI it's the same as before. Only the folders "customwindows" and "fonts" have files in them. Everything else is a series of empty folders inside other folders.

For example: sound > Ogg > Music_Source > Rave > "This folder is empty"

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j6i88kbRTDNy_ZE5GQtqAbgbQ-mAdVQ2

Correcting it now. I’ll give you a poke when it’s finished. Sorry about that. 🤓🙈

3 hours ago, Garble said:

FYI it's the same as before. Only the folders "customwindows" and "fonts" have files in them. Everything else is a series of empty folders inside other folders.

For example: sound > Ogg > Music_Source > Rave > "This folder is empty"

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j6i88kbRTDNy_ZE5GQtqAbgbQ-mAdVQ2

Figured out the issue, i had it restricted for some reason, its now open to anyone with the link CoH

2 clarification bits..

resume_info.txt (fill in your userlogin name in the first line, and your password in the 2nd line) -- Auto fills out your prompts at login.. oh, delete username/password and replace with above(just to be as concise as possible)

The CorvaUninstall.exe, is just incase you don't like the icons i modded.. they're all in the data folder etc...

And the Fonts, the bak folder and the maybe folder, are ones i found work well in game, you just have to rename them(replacers) to mount_bold.otf and mount_demibold.otf.. They DO NOT change anytime in the coding of the game, it's more like a layover type deal, as are the sounds(DaftPunk 4 different loops in pocket, each room has a different song-I LOVE IT)

Downloading - importing into the COH folder..

Copy each folder, MERGE, then replace when prompted, however, i'd do a backup of yours, just to be safe, incase you don't like the handymenus(i know you will) and the others bits.. Good Hunting

Hopefully I got it sorted.. let me know if there's still any issues.. 

AltIcons

spacer.png

Popmenu/HandyMenu

spacer.png

Edited by choake

Just for the record, I'm running on a 10.14.6 Mojave Macbook Pro, and I just had to install IslandRun.

I had to remove an old wine install (mostly ~/.wine was still left).

Initially IslandRum would try to start the game for a couple of seconds, then return to "ready-to-play).

I then had to edit /Applications/coh/islandrum.sh remove the first line with garbled characters, so it starts with #/bin/sh

Then make the file read-only

After that it worked flawlessly so far. I have recreated all 13 of my old characters that I saved in 2012 with SentinelPlus

I still had my old install, so I copied over the Costumes, keybinds.txt, PowerCust directories from 2012 as well.

I already had Xcode and Xquartz, which might have helped, I did not need to install anything, either with brew or anything else.

Edited by RogerWilco

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

On 5/27/2020 at 12:06 PM, RogerWilco said:

Just for the record, I'm running on a 10.14.6 Mojave Macbook Pro, and I just had to install IslandRun.

I had to remove an old wine install (mostly ~/.wine was still left).

Initially IslandRum would try to start the game for a couple of seconds, then return to "ready-to-play).

I then had to edit /Applications/coh/islandrum.sh remove the first line with garbled characters, so it starts with #/bin/sh

Then make the file read-only

After that it worked flawlessly so far. I have recreated all 13 of my old characters that I saved in 2012 with SentinelPlus

I still had my old install, so I copied over the Costumes, keybinds.txt, PowerCust directories from 2012 as well.

I already had Xcode and Xquartz, which might have helped, I did not need to install anything, either with brew or anything else.

Fantastic!!!! I love when things come together and you get back to Saving days and collecting badges and all the other goodies.. The reason I was so detailed and expansive, was to cover most issues that could potentially arise, Including the Mac Version of Mids and all the various dependencies and requirements to have a stable platform.. I tried to maximize only the essentials to limit the background sapping of sources.. My old iMac 2011, is my testing site... I've also found that, if you save the CoH folder in applications, and clear out wine and homebrew, with scripts and digging around folders, very minimal effort is needed to get up and running around, you can run brew, xquartz, and the scripts to get them aligned.. then Brew install winexe AND winestable.. Once finished, open winebottler, navigate to cityofheroes.exe in the CoH folder, have .net enable and boom, yet another way to get things sorted.. Its fun trying to minimize and simplify, Mac gaming can get a bit hella annoying sometimes...

Good Hunting, and I'm thankful for your input!!1862086100_ScreenShot2020-05-29at2_25_57AM.thumb.png.e128904cebc839201144429d3d86d2ff.png

-Cho

On 5/29/2020 at 8:28 AM, choake said:

Fantastic!!!! I love when things come together and you get back to Saving days and collecting badges and all the other goodies.. The reason I was so detailed and expansive, was to cover most issues that could potentially arise, Including the Mac Version of Mids and all the various dependencies and requirements to have a stable platform.. I tried to maximize only the essentials to limit the background sapping of sources.. My old iMac 2011, is my testing site... I've also found that, if you save the CoH folder in applications, and clear out wine and homebrew, with scripts and digging around folders, very minimal effort is needed to get up and running around, you can run brew, xquartz, and the scripts to get them aligned.. then Brew install winexe AND winestable.. Once finished, open winebottler, navigate to cityofheroes.exe in the CoH folder, have .net enable and boom, yet another way to get things sorted.. Its fun trying to minimize and simplify, Mac gaming can get a bit hella annoying sometimes...

Good Hunting, and I'm thankful for your input!!1862086100_ScreenShot2020-05-29at2_25_57AM.thumb.png.e128904cebc839201144429d3d86d2ff.png

-Cho

My point is that I did not have to do anything with homebrew, wine, or anything else (I had Xquartz installed)

It's a one click install.

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

• 8 months later