Psi/Shield or Psi/Energy?

Jawbreaker

Shield is an all-round strong set with good defences, a max HP buff, a damage buff and enemy debuff and some resistance. Energy is mainly defence, with some minor resistance and an endurance management power.

Shield also has a teleport nuke power, which is just really fun. 

I'd pick Shield out of the two.

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I think EA is an awesome set.

super easy to soft cap to all types (except psi)

no endurance issues at all

+stealth

decent heal + regen

very good recharge bonus

The psi hole is huge though. Almost no protection at all vs psi enemies other than your ok heal and a small amount of -rech protection.

If you have a way to overcome that issue the set is unreal. 

The only thing shield lacks is a heal/regen (has good hp bonuses though) and endurance mangement. It doesn't have any psi res, but is positional def so protects well from most psi attacks. 

For me it is less of an obstacle to overcome the healing and endurance management of shield, than it is to overcome the psi hole in EA. Both have tremendous benefits though. 

• Like 1

It’s hard to not recommend Shield Defense every time. Great defense and resists, a taunt aura that buffs your damage, an AoE nuke. The set is amazing. CoH isn’t a game of “best” powers. But for Scrapper secondaries, Shield is a tier above for me.

Just wish I could use it with Claws...

Anyway, as you can imagine, I vote Shield. Extra damage from Against All Odds and Shield Charges smashing damage will helps when you run in to heavy Psi resist enemies.

• Like 1