Who watched Crisis on CW and what DC shows are you watching

DougGraves

We watch Flash, Supergirl, and Legends.  Arrow was too dreary after a few seasons.  Black Lightning was good first season but got tiresome the second season.  Can't stand the villain on Batwoman.  And I don't pay for the streaming services to get Titans and the others.  Looking forward to Superman and Stargirl.

Flash feels the most to me like old comics.  Legends is the most fun because it is just crazy.

I watch them all out of compulsion. Batwoman's the only one I can half stand on CW and i think that's just because it's still new enough not to feel like Smallville 7.0 yet. Titans has been on the threshold of good a couple times but pulled away from it. Doom Patrol was bad then good then bad again. Watchmen was good but not great. Swamp Thing was ok at times but pointless since it was cancelled by outside factors before half of it ran. Young Justice is good but too many filler episodes. Harley's terrific. Hmm, did I forget any 😛

I'm a lifelong DC comics fan since I was a teenager and discovered comic books when I was about 12 and started, rather fortuitously, just after the original Crisis. Never looked back and have read pretty much every DC comic since then (have them all on my PC as well so I can look back and re-read all the time 🙂 )

So, yeah, I watch pretty much everything that comes out, TV, movie, animation, the lot. :D

I love all the CW shows and think it's the closest we've ever got to actual comic books on screen, with their serialised storylines and big, crazy characters. I agree, it's not always perfect, Arrow and Flash have both had duff episodes and have struggled at times, but I persevered and there have been some excellent stuff come out of them, especially the crossovers and the Crisis was just all kinds of awesome for me :)

I also watch all the others, unless it gets cancelled very quickly, like Swamp Thing (I don't have enough hours in the day to be able to watch all the TV and movies I want to so I can't afford to waste it on shows that are gone that fast 😞 ) and yes, Harley Quinn is brilliant atm :)

Looking forward to Stargirl, should be fun!

Only CW show I still follow is Supergirl, and that's starting to drown in soap opera now as well.  Melissa Benoist was well cast, but it's still CW.

The Harley Quinn cartoon is brilliant and well worth your time.  I guess MOTU is now DC, so I suppose the rebooted She-Ra on Netflix as well. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I finally finished watching Crisis on Infinite Earths (all 5 parts of it) and ... was seriously NOT IMPRESSED.  The whole thing felt like a McGuffin to not only "reboot the CW multiverse" but a way for them to bring all of their DC shows into the "same universe" so they didn't have to keep doing the Earth-1 vs Earth-38 thing and could do crossovers from now on whenever they feel like it.  Pretty much the only time that the whole crossover felt like it did anything interesting was when the characters commented on the crossover itself (and being left out of it) in a genre aware way.

Still, merging the franchises of all of the DC shows was probably (probably) a wise decision and something that needed to happen "anyway" at some point.

For me though, it was the Supergirl episode that followed Crisis ... Episode in a Bottle ... that was truly terrifying in its implications, not the least of which being the "bottling" of worlds as was shown to be the Big Bad Ending™ that needed to be avoided in the series Krypton (which is probably never coming back again), and then tying "Brainy" back in with Brainiac (and the Big Brain).  That felt way more ominous to me than destroying the entire multiverse (so it could be rebooted).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

9 hours ago, Redlynne said:

I finally finished watching Crisis on Infinite Earths (all 5 parts of it) and ... was seriously NOT IMPRESSED.  The whole thing felt like a McGuffin to not only "reboot the CW multiverse" but a way for them to bring all of their DC shows into the "same universe" so they didn't have to keep doing the Earth-1 vs Earth-38 thing and could do crossovers from now on whenever they feel like it.

That was the whole point of the original Crisis in the comics.