Crab Backpack - is everywhere. Brute, Blaster, etc

Snarky

So i made a SoA Crab a few says ago. I kind of like it for the concept and have been tinkering with a possible  build

i alt a lot. So i have tried to make new characters since then. Non SoA. The only Backpack they can have is Crab

i sent a request explaining this concisely. I got an e-mail from Help saying that is not a bug but a feature

sooo. Anyone need a Brute with a Crab Backpack?

seriously though. Do i just delete the SoA and hope that solves the issue?  I had leveled them pretty high already because i liked them

also this may not solve the issue. I have noticed the game has weird memory cache problems. Every time i enter my base there is an option to enter someones base that i teamed with 3 months ago. Wont go away. When i alt to a new character from my toon with experience shut off that is the new characters setting as well. So dropping the SoA off of a cliff may not work. 

without any assistance I am probably going to delete the SoA tonight and sell off the SoA ATOs i bought. 

any thoughts on hiw to solve this would be great. Thanks

I have rebooted the computer.  No fix.

What do you mean delete and redownload. Do you mean the entire game download?

i suspect, with zero evidence beyond what i have stated above, that this may have to do with the fancy hard drive that is the fixed memory type for speed.  Most of my game resides on that as i understand. The game was never coded nor tested for being loaded into memory addresses permanently and i believe (no evidence) this is giving it a bit of crazy looking stuff like holding onto items from one character for another and thinking you are still teaming with someone and seeing their base option at the SG entrance months later

This is probially a long shot, but it got me once too. But I did try two things that seemed to work when it did.

1. - make a new character on a different server. I have no idea why/how this worked, but when i went back to my "first" server and made a new character, the crabby pack was gone. (maybe a memory sort of issue? Not very computer savvy here when it comes to that stuff.)

2. - have you tried making a costume for said Non-SoA character WITH the pack, and then tried taking it off in the costume/tailor menu?

Sorry these are both shots in the dark. It was a weird issue for me too when I was playing a crabber, but trying a different server seemed to help IIRC.

Hope it helps. 😕

I will try making a character on another server.  Unfortunately as i understand it the Crab backpack is permalunked to the Crab unless you respec them to no crab powers. So that idea does not seem functional

i wish the Request i had sent was read.  But it was pretty obviously just ignored and autoreplied. I wrote a very short clear description of the problem. And got a boilerplate response to a different question.

i will try this and any other ideas you guys come up with. Orher than that i will be deleting  crab completely.  If that doesnt work i might go back to WoW for awhile. Costume creator and character design arr a large part of why i play CoH 

Edited by Snarky

Make another soldier and choose the bane route at 24.  PL it up if you dont wanna play it.  Since they dont have to have the backpack, make a second costume without the backpack and see if that will help.  Although, if you are getting it on every AT that may do exactly nothing.  If it is your permanent memory thing then even deleting the crab you have might not help.  A defrag or other memory cleaner might be an option but with persistant memory you may be stuck with it.  

Good luck!

Edited by EmmySky

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

i sent a request explaining this concisely. I got an e-mail from Help saying that is not a bug but a feature

I suspect that support misunderstood what you were asking, and/or that you misunderstood their response.

1 hour ago, TheWino said:

I suspect that support misunderstood what you were asking, and/or that you misunderstood their response.

...the scary part is i do not believe you are trolling here...

you are quite correct.  There was a misunderstanding.  Thank you

So. Good news.  I followed some in thread advice and created a character on another server.  Afterward i could creat characters like normal again. Any character created during the glitch (new ones i immediately did not play do to difficulty with costume) are locked into crabby and will be deleted

thank you all for your assistance. I knew gamers could figure it out.  Well, this group of gamers anyway

• Like 1