Dumb changes you'd want to make to this game (NOT suggestions!)

Sakura Tenshi

Playing an ITF again since this game's closure, I've learned a lot about the historical roman army, and now looking at Cimerorans, my inner history nerd rages at the number of Centurions and camp prefects in a mob. (also that they erroneously are using the title 'immunes' which is supposed to mean they're non-combatants when those are more Auxillia). And so if I could make some dumb changes to this game, I'd be renaming the Cimeroran Traitors as:

• Legionarii (is fine)
  • Centurions now become Prima Pilus or Prima Contuburnium (a made up rank and still not numerically accurate but one more accurate than having a centurion every third dude)
  • Preafectus Castorum are changed to Legio Praetoria (explanation being that Romulus has 'promoted' his best fighters as praetorians and though has assigned them as part of the regular legions, likewise they'd also get purple instead of red)
  • Immunes Engineers are now just Auxillia Engineers
  • Immunes Surgeons are also fine.

And that's an example of a dumb, pointless change I'd make.

1541212618650.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Saved for future reference....

• Haha 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

58 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Been a long time since i geeked out on roman legions. Wasnt there a non com type at the end of each row about one every ten guys that more or less kept the line tight?

Closest I can think of is the Signifer who was sort of the unit to unit version the Aquilifer. (two others roman units absent from Cimerorans.)

Also, you wouldn't believe how annoying it is that none of the shield options are an actual, full length squared Scutum or that the only thrusting attack with Broadsword is the Assassin's strike for stalkers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sakura Tenshi said:
  • Legionarii (is fine)
  • Centurions now become Prima Pilus or Prima Contuburnium (a made up rank and still not numerically accurate but one more accurate than having a centurion every third dude)
  • Preafectus Castorum are changed to Legio Praetoria (explanation being that Romulus has 'promoted' his best fighters as praetorians and though has assigned them as part of the regular legions, likewise they'd also get purple instead of red)
  • Immunes Engineers are now just Auxillia Engineers
  • Immunes Surgeons are also fine.

None of these bother me half as much as "Phoebas". 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Love your drawing OP 🙂

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

• 1 month later

necro'ing this thread with another dumb thing I'd still want to see in this game:

During the magisterium trial, anytime Tyrant using Hammer of Justice, it will be heralded with a cutscene caption of him shouting HERE COMES THE COLE TRAIN!!!

Edit: I've seriously wanted to see this since live. along with the masterium trial completion badge being Sic Semper Tyrannus. I still can't believe the live devs passed that chance.

Edited by Sakura Tenshi
  • Haha 1

Adding another silly suggestion... A series of badges with names like "Confused", "Misdirected", "Lost", and "Clueless", for increasing number of times you have an active mission in a zone that has two tram stations, and pick the tram station that's furthest from the mission (Or the first time you enter the zone after receiving the mission, and it's at the other end). It would be impractical to implement, because you'd have to have a flag on the mission so it could only get counted once, which involves changes to too many disparate parts of the code.

• Haha 1