Favorite faces

Heraclea

Heraclea has always been Female Face 14, because she was Face 14 when she  was made back in Issue 2.  This is a face I've used on many female characters before. 

Female Retro Sci-Fi face is one I've gotten quite a lot of mileage out of on Homecoming.  I might have chosen it for Heraclea, if she did not have a traditional face. 

Not a fan of Female Hostile Faces 1 or 2, but Hostile Face 3 doesn't really look hostile to me, only sarcastic and skeptical.  I've used that face more than once as well. 

My male characters tend to be philosophers, wizards, or hanging judges.  As such they get a fair amount of mileage from the Older Faces. 

What are your favorite faces?

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I've used that one male smiling face a few times.  Know why?  It's the only male face with a smile.  That annoys me.  The rest of the "normal" or human faces are either grim'n'gritty "grawr me tough!" or just sort of blank-eyed fashion model looking.

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Like 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I go for Face 4, mostly, I think that's the one that looks like she's startled and amazed that she's a hero.  I did choose the smiley face for my superhero toon because I just felt that she would be smiling. A lot. At her awesomeness.  But typically, I find it kind of goofy looking, which is pretty much what I needed for Rad Girrl, anyway. 

I do use the supernatural face where you can change the eye color on a demon MM, but mostly I stick to the first few faces (not the crazy angry one).  I see the back of their heads most of the time, so I don't tend to second guess these choices as much as I do the costume choices I can actually see in-game.

Edited by Tahliah
typos, clarity