Ouro level scaling

It would be neat if you could speak to a contact in Ouro to lock yourself in to any level that you've already surpassed. You would exemplar down and earn whatever experience you would when exemplaring as usual, but your level would be locked, allowing you to speak to contacts and work through story arcs as a level-appropriate character would.
I imagine it would be wise to implement a cooldown period (12-24 hours realtime maybe?) to discourage abuse of the system (although who am I kidding? This community doesn't have any objection to switching alignments with Null the Gull before you can even receive alignment tips!).
I honestly wonder why this hadn't been a part of Ouroboros all along.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I drawed things:

Gallery of my CoH Pantheon

It's a lovely dream - but I'll point out that TFs used the 'locked team at start' setup from launch to this very day.  As far as I'm aware, Ouro uses the exact same set of code, so poking it could very well be...bad.  Things that were baked-in for Issue 0 have historically been radioactive kludgefucks at best, and quite often tickling them results in reams of "how the screaming hell did that happen?!" situations.  Then again, the Mayhem/Safeguard re-do contacts do something similar if different - you get exemped/Mal'ed, but only when you actually enter the mission, so maybe Homecoming has figured out the magic bullet.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sniktch said:

It's a lovely dream - but I'll point out that TFs used the 'locked team at start' setup from launch to this very day.  As far as I'm aware, Ouro uses the exact same set of code, so poking it could very well be...bad.  Things that were baked-in for Issue 0 have historically been radioactive kludgefucks at best, and quite often tickling them results in reams of "how the screaming hell did that happen?!" situations.  Then again, the Mayhem/Safeguard re-do contacts do something similar if different - you get exemped/Mal'ed, but only when you actually enter the mission, so maybe Homecoming has figured out the magic bullet.

no they didnt. people used to abuse the TF system all the time by kicking newbs and invited guildmates at the last boss to gain rewards. Thats why the locked system was created to address that exploit. Why oro uses the TF system is a completely different issue entirely.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

1 hour ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

no they didnt. people used to abuse the TF system all the time by kicking newbs and invited guildmates at the last boss to gain rewards. Thats why the locked system was created to address that exploit. Why oro uses the TF system is a completely different issue entirely.

Hm are you sure on that? I started playing around mid way through year one and ran a posi as soon as my first toon could. We only finished with 3 of us and could not recruit more once we began. So if they changed that it must of been very early in year 1.

Granted completing a TF back that was basically pointless, the SO was the big reward and that really only made getting one on posi or syn at all special as you could just buy SOs outright after that level range.