More Villain Redside Giant Monsters

PennZephre

Sounds like a good idea.  For a quick and easy addition just add some appropriate GM's from Blue, Jurassic, Lusca, possibly the Kronos Titan to name a few.  That would get the monsters you're looking for without making a lot of work for our volunteer Dev team.

• Like 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

How about a superhero with the ability to grow incredibly large?

Not only does it make for an interesting 'giant monster' but it would be real easy to create.

He could perhaps spawn in Mercy Island since there aren't any giant monsters there, and it fits nicely with Longbow and the Legacy Chain trying to secure a foothold there.

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 2

Another idea is possibly creating a real ghost ship in Port Oakes, right by Fort Hades.

Much like Paragon's ghost ship, it will be a spectral green retexture of an existing boat (I know there's one or two that fit the pirate theme) and spawns Spectral Pirates.

Other than that, I think having a giant monster that spawns in St. Martial would be good, since every other area would be covered by this point.

Perhaps a giant Devouring Earth 'Fungoid' that spawn in the forest called 'Vilespore' or something, it'd be almost identical to Stropharia, just using the blue mushroom model instead of red.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SlyfoX said:

My Idea for a GM woud be a Coralax GM, In reference to the Renault SF and all the Coralax Backstory.

So, just have the Leviathan wake up and shake off that annoying dirt sitting on its head? It would certainly be more fitting as a GM than the Ghost of Scrapyard (heck, just one eye is a full-on AV) but then Sharkhead Isle would be gone, and we need more villain content, not less! 🙃

I like the idea of reusing some of the blueside GMs - if for no other reason than it would mean that new art assets wouldn't be needed. For example, if Lusca is chased out of IP she heads off the coast of Mercy until villains chase her back; the ghost ship in Talos and IP can start by the crashed tanker (Driller badge) in Port Oakes and move across the map. We also know from the LRSF that when it's not being used to attack Paragon City (or mess up Hami raids), the Kronos Titan is parked in Warburg: that would give both sides the chaos of a GM fight in a free for all zone, and both sides already have the option to get the badge without entering a PvP zone. Sure, that still leaves St Martial without a GM, but there is a Longbow zone event there and the zone really doesn't have enough DE to justify using Jurassik.

On 1/27/2020 at 5:02 PM, TraumaTrain said:

In St. Martial, we could have something like the Jade Spider running rampant. A wailer emperor would be neat as well. Maybe it spawns hordes of wailers while you try to bring it down.

I like the Wailer idea.

Wailers are a notoriously underused asset for something that spawns all over the damned place.

Before anything new I'd like to have Ghost of Scrapyard up more often.  That badge is required for an accolade and I can't seem to catch him.  I've got characters waiting on that accolade but so far no luck.

A while back on discord someone said that the spawn logic had problems and they were maybe going to change it to a simple defeat of 100 Scrapyarders.  I don't know if that happened or is in the works.  Hell even when I see the alert message "Miner strike in progress in Sharkhead Isle." and head over there I can't find him.  I thought I knew all of his haunts.  I'll find his special followers where I expect them, but he's nowhere to be found.

2 hours ago, Ry said:

(Dont say giant shark. Dont say giant shark. Dont say giant shark.)

So what if we had a giant shark?

Only if it has a Frickin' Laser on its head.

• Haha 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

1 hour ago, carroto said:

Before anything new I'd like to have Ghost of Scrapyard up more often.  That badge is required for an accolade and I can't seem to catch him.  I've got characters waiting on that accolade but so far no luck.

A while back on discord someone said that the spawn logic had problems and they were maybe going to change it to a simple defeat of 100 Scrapyarders.  I don't know if that happened or is in the works.  Hell even when I see the alert message "Miner strike in progress in Sharkhead Isle." and head over there I can't find him.  I thought I knew all of his haunts.  I'll find his special followers where I expect them, but he's nowhere to be found.

You can spawn the Ghost of Scrapyard by killing Scrapyarders in Sharkhead. If you hit Ionic Judgement in the crowd coming to him right after he dies you can have him respawn in under a minute. With BP Lore and a way to keep the aggro off of the Ravager you can kill him twice in the time it takes the pets to despawn.

He has two main starting points: one in Potter's Field at his grave, the other is by the Arachnos base in front of the Chum Bucket, and you can tell which one he'll spawn at because the Scrapyarders start heading towards it before he spawns.

Edited by siolfir

8 hours ago, siolfir said:

You can spawn the Ghost of Scrapyard by killing Scrapyarders in Sharkhead. If you hit Ionic Judgement in the crowd coming to him right after he dies you can have him respawn in under a minute. With BP Lore and a way to keep the aggro off of the Ravager you can kill him twice in the time it takes the pets to despawn.

He has two main starting points: one in Potter's Field at his grave, the other is by the Arachnos base in front of the Chum Bucket, and you can tell which one he'll spawn at because the Scrapyarders start heading towards it before he spawns.

Any Scrapyarders or just the special ones that mill around spewing the canned text about him?  I see those guys often enough in the two spots you mentioned.  I'll see them, but he's not there.  I'll check back later.  They're still there, but he's not.  Maybe I just haven't been patient enough with taking our random Scrapyarders.

6 hours ago, carroto said:

Any Scrapyarders or just the special ones that mill around spewing the canned text about him?  I see those guys often enough in the two spots you mentioned.  I'll see them, but he's not there.  I'll check back later.  They're still there, but he's not.  Maybe I just haven't been patient enough with taking our random Scrapyarders.

Any Scrapyarders work, but if you see the ones milling around in those areas, that means he's close to spawning and those groups will respawn more quickly as you kill them. Happy hunting!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1