New Teleport animations

Jawbreaker

For the love of Nightcrawler, can we please do away with the rediculous " I just backed into something pointy at about butt-height" animation? 

Suggestions;
No noticeable pose change
fingersnap
fist clench

point at a location

activate a button somewhere (wrist, chest, earpiece)
Sneeze ( ok maybe not that one)

What shuggestions do you folks have?

• Like 1

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

I wonder if the default teleport animates in the same amount of time as the Sorcery one... because THAT animation is lovely, both with and without the rune circles, and I'd adore being able to use it for the actual teleport-centric pool (my dude isn't supposed to fly).

In the same vein, the default animation doesn't look BAD to me per se, it just only works (for me) if I think of it as "Yeah, I just ripped open a hole in reality to push through" and that... doesn't work for everybody, but I wonder how it would look with the magic particles.

Edited by Flashtoo
  • Like 1

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

44 minutes ago, biostem said:

I haven't tried it yet, but what kind of animation does that short-range teleport power from the blaster secondary use?  

Looks like throwing a punch, and you speed-blur out of where you start and appear at the destination. 

• Thanks 1

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

Would be so awesome to use the FlippingCoin emote for teleports.  Flip the coin up and teleport before you catch it ...

spacer.png

Could also use the Calculate emote for teleports.  The math appears in the air in front of you and you teleport ...

spacer.png

Edited by Redlynne
  • Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

• 2 weeks later
On 1/29/2020 at 12:22 AM, aethereal said:

As far as I'm aware, nobody has yet demonstrated the ability to add animations to the game.  Maybe we'll get there eventually!  But you'll be more likely to get immediate gratification if you suggest animations that already exist and can be repurposed.

There is some variation of everything I listed (besides the sneeze) in the emotes. 

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes