Broadsword+Insight mechanic = BRUTALITY

Ironscarlet

Transfer over Insight mechanic from Psi blades to Broadsword.   

Why?  Even with the boost it will still have less damage than Greater psi blade on a more resisted damage type but it will give broadsword the much needed buff it needs from the power creep. Since the code is already there it might be less time consuming and easier to add a mechanic to broadsword with out writing lengthy new code.

Call It Brutality 

Have big red letters come over your character when it's ready. Just like Insight.

Have it activate on head splitter 

Extra request but might be to much time to code. For Tanks if u could make head splitter turn into a aoe on Brutality proc instead of damage boost that would be cool feature just like Greater psi blade bug with gauntlet turned it into a aoe on Tanks.

Just a suggestion to bring a popular power set, play more comparable to newer power sets damage.

Edited by Ironscarlet

2 hours ago, Ironscarlet said:

Extra request but might be to much time to code. For Tanks if u could make head splitter turn into a aoe on Brutality proc instead of damage boost that would be cool feature just like Greater psi blade bug with gauntlet turned it into a aoe on Tanks.

FYI, that is no longer a thing.  It was fixed last patch.

I wouldn't mind some mechanics added to some of the old sets, especially for sets that have identical skills with the main difference being cast times and damage/recharge values.  

56 minutes ago, Leogunner said:

wouldn't mind some mechanics added to some of the old sets, especially for sets that have identical skills with the main difference being cast times and damage/recharge values.

I would rather we not go back and add new mechanics to existing sets. That would change the feel of playing the sets, and it's nice to have some straightforward, uncomplicated sets.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vanden said:

I would rather we not go back and add new mechanics to existing sets. That would change the feel of playing the sets, and it's nice to have some straightforward, uncomplicated sets.

We can just agree to disagree.  Some mechanics are straight forward anyway.  Did you complain when Gravity Control got the Impact mechanic?

Also, Insight is also pretty straight forward...so uncomplicated, in fact, most people only see it as a bonus, like getting a random Critical hit.

But then I'm more for adding to the utility of the older sets rather than increasing the damage.  For the OP's suggestion of "Brutality" for Broadsword, I'd just make it so, when you randomly get it, both Slice and Headsplitter get a bit of extra range.  Katana/Ninja Blade could get something like "Fast Draw" that, after using Divine Avalanche, there's a chance your other attacks will extend its duration so you don't have to use it again to keep it stacked.

Again, these are sort of off the top of my head but I personally don't see a problem with adding to old sets (both cosmetically or functionally) to give them more "gameability" other than just click button > Get damage.  And this would mostly benefit casual players as most min/max'ed attack chains ignore the set mechanics (TW and SJ not withstanding).

3 hours ago, Ironscarlet said:

Transfer over Insight mechanic from Psi blades to Broadsword.   

Why?  Even with the boost it will still have less damage than Greater psi blade on a more resisted damage type but it will give broadsword the much needed buff it needs from the power creep. Since the code is already there it might be less time consuming and easier to add a mechanic to broadsword with out writing lengthy new code.

Call It Brutality 

Have big red letters come over your character when it's ready. Just like Insight.

Have it activate on head splitter 

Just a suggestion to bring a popular power set, play more comparable to newer power sets damage.

Here's the thing though, Smashing/Lethal are more commonly resisted than Psi but the resistance (unless you against an /invuln AV like Marauder/BABs) is generally lower range, 20-30%. Psi on the other hand isn't resisted across such a wide spectrum of enemies but it is more heavily resisted when it is. Carnies, Robots, Rikti, Seers etc. all have resists for Psi in the 80%+ range turning your amped up hits into wet noodles against them.

I'd personally say the least resisted damage types are probably Fire/Dark because only very specific enemy groups get very heavy fire resistance (anything demony related) or Negative Resistance. In fact that makes me think of a question....

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

I agree.  Fix the DPA some for the ones lagging .. but let them play the same. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vanden said:

I completely understand this concept. In many ways I don't want a lot of stuff to change within COH. Just the mini maxxer in me eats away  when I play my concept toon for fun I think "man why are you playing this toon when your other one is so much better." Not referring to TW because TW is in a different category but comparing it to psi melee, psi is just better.  In some way I thought this would be the most balanced approach to buff  because even if you gave broadsword Insight mechanic and kept everything else  the same it would still be a slight bit worse the psi melee imo  balanced.  Really though just looking for buff to popular power set  broadsword to up the DPA. So it does not feel so week compared to it newer counterparts.

2 hours ago, DR_Mechano said:

Here's the thing though, Smashing/Lethal are more commonly resisted than Psi

Yes, doc I was referring to broadsword lethal damage being more resisted than Psi, but I can see how it can be misread.

4 hours ago, Leogunner said:

FYI, that is no longer a thing.  It was fixed last patch.

I wouldn't mind some mechanics added to some of the old sets, especially for sets that have identical skills with the main difference being cast times and damage/recharge values.  

I know the bug was fixed but in my opinion  it gave psi blade on tanks something different than scrapper, stalker and brutes. Many people actually liked the bug.`

Edited by Ironscarlet