Containment Suggestion

Darkneblade

Option 1 : Add Fear and Confuse status effect to Containment Proc 

Option 2 (Optional) : Mez +1 is lacking compared to other AT's, so how about it stacks? If you immobilized enemy +1 to all mez and if you stunned on top on that +2 to all mez and if you hold enemy +3 to all mez. This will allow underpowered status effects to shine at least once

Option 3 (Optional) : Status Effects last longer the more mez you have on particular enemy? Or at least if not mezzed allow -protection to remain longer so we can eventually mez GMs or AVs on Incarnate Content.

That's it.

• Like 1

Interesting, maybe

1 Fear or Confuse

2 is creative but maybe too complicated

3 problematic

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

42 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

i dunno i think confuse should be voluntary as enemies defeated by other enemies give no XP. how about -5% resists instead?

I think the reason the OP is requesting this is Mind Control and Illusion Control have no way to set AoE containment other than their very long recharge AoE holds.

I'm ambivalent about whether Illusion Control gets the Containment since it is plenty strong. But Mind Control clearly needs it. It as designed as a "blasty" Control set meant to solo but doesn't have the tools.

On 2/15/2020 at 7:37 PM, oedipus_tex said:

I would be fine with Option 1. Maybe just Confuse and not Fear.

I'm not a fan of Option 3. Big Magnitude mezzes is Dominator territory. 

Not magnitude just duration? If not mezzed I mean. While mezzed duration is normal. 

Edited by Darkneblade

On 2/15/2020 at 11:40 AM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

i dunno i think confuse should be voluntary as enemies defeated by other enemies give no XP.

Not exactly correct. Enemies *completely* defeated by other enemies (IE, you confuse them and just let them go) give no XP. (The same holds true if they're just fighting each other as is, without player input.)  Do some damage, get XP.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

13 hours ago, Greycat said:

Not exactly correct. Enemies *completely* defeated by other enemies (IE, you confuse them and just let them go) give no XP. (The same holds true if they're just fighting each other as is, without player input.)  Do some damage, get XP.

get some xp, you get xp proportional to the damage you deal.

• Like 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?