ToxinFox's Mostly-Marker Art

ToxinFox

21.thumb.jpg.a993a3e7a812970a5244e9245bf3275d.jpg

*GASP* A page!

And as an added bonus: Hey guys, I started a webcomic called Renegade Legends! ALSO involving a pointy-eared protagonist. This one's fantasy instead of superheroes, though, and so far I've only put up the Chapter 1 cover, but I have a 30-page buffer I've been working on since October, so there IS more. I have it up in a few places, if anyone wants to take a look. 

https://tapas.io/series/Renegade-Legends

https://renegadelegends.tumblr.com/

https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/renegade-legends/list

Tapas Cover.png

• Like 8

I love the new page Toxin Fox. zb7XgP0P_o.png

I'll forego the commentary, I don't want you to get sick of my gushing praise

and/or nitpicking (praise-picking? gush-niting?). Also, yay new comic!

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 3

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

See I know you're kidding there but yes I try to be encouraging and welcoming where I can

& point out stuff that I think someone might enjoy learning about or at least find

funny but not everyone wants to know about every little typo or error.

Also congratulations on officially being a running joke... in a comic that is. 07K1tHnz_o.png

• Haha 4

07K1tHnz_o.png

I know I have plenty and most of the time I don't really care about em as long as people can understand me but I am not trying to put up a professional quality comic like Fox or Neyria are.  Wait are you sayin there are typos or errors in Foxes comic right now that you are not pointing out cuz I just reread the whole thing and I didn't see any all??

HAH! Jealous? 

• Haha 1

Whoops! XD  

Although, I'll admit freely, the previous page isn't my best. It's too crowded, and evidently neither the art nor the text came out quite right. I like the most recent page a lot better. 

AND, the next page is page 22, which is usually the last page in a single-issue comic, so I'm going to have to come up with a little bit of an end-of-issue cliffhanger, and maybe an issue 'cover'. (No, I'm not stopping the comic after the next page. Yes, I have an idea I'm working my way towards/through.)

Also... awww, thanks @DJ1 and @Christopher Robin for saying my comic is 'professional quality' (or at least trying to be). I put a lot of thought and effort into this, but you know how artists are-- nothing is ever good enough. ❤️

Edited by ToxinFox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ToxinFox said:

Also... awww, thanks @DJ1 and @Christopher Robin for saying my comic is 'professional quality' (or at least trying to be). I put a lot of thought and effort into this, but you know how artists are-- nothing is ever good enough. ❤️

You're welcome Fox and oh how well I know it.

I will often revisit pieces and add or tweak them even

if the person I am drawing it for is happy with the original. rFYv2e1c_o.gif

5 hours ago, DJ1 said:

Dang! I JUST read that page a minute ago and my brain didn't see that at all!

And that is why I don't generally point stuff out like that, it doesn't take away

from your enjoyment of the comic and most people will not even notice it's there.

If there is an unfortunate spelling that changes the meaning or the artist asks (there

is a webcomic I read that says "all typos must die" next to the byline) then maybe I will.

• Like 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

5 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

Just a F.Y.I. @ToxinFox the first two links work...

Yeah... that's been a recurring problem. That link seemed to work when I sent it to a friend via a chat messenger, but apparently not on a forum. I've tried a few links from Webtoon, signed in OR out, and have had mixed results. If all else fails, it's easily searched for on site, but... I'll work on getting a functional link.

This one works for me, if I log out of Webtoon and copy-paste it into another window. Lemme know if it works for you. 
https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/renegade-legends/list?title_no=628461

(First actual comic page will be up on Saturday, so there's still nothing but a cover, so don't worry if you're not seeing a comic to read yet.)

Edited by ToxinFox
  • Thanks 1

Yes that one with the direct asset number at the end works fine.

Yep I figured that out from the other two working links. 07K1tHnz_o.png

Even with a 30 page buffer taking on multiple comics simultaneously is no small feat.

Are you planing to release one page a week & then try to sync up chapter breaks to alternate?

Also, from a readability standpoint, your comic seems to have conflicting chapter titles? The cover art and header

say it's "Chapter One: Wanderer's Song" but below that it says "Chapter one: The tale of Adaiel Esdria."

Are they page titles perhaps? Subchapters? It's not really clear from what is posted now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

Wanderer's Song is the actual chapter title -- the other phrase is more author's commentary about what the chapter is actually *about*. Basically, I didn't know what to put in the 'Description' box when I posted the cover art. It'll make more sense as the comic goes. 

As far as drawing two comics? I'm only publicly posting Renegade Legends on a regular weekly cycle. Homecoming is more informal, and posted here and on my DA page, whenever I can.  I'm putting more of my effort into the story I have full creative ownership of, rather than into the fan comic for an IP whose owner is... shall we say, 'touchy', because I'd like to do further stuff with it some day. I'm still going to continue the Homecoming story, though, because I have some really cool ideas for it yet to come!

• Like 1

Perhaps a similar word like "Part One" since it is not actually the chapters title?

It's off to a good start, my only con/crit so far is I don't think Plants/Animals

are polar opposites the way that Day/Night, Summer/Winter and Life/Death are.

Glad to hear it because I am more invested in "Feels like Homecoming" at this point (I don't

know the actual name of this comic or if it even has a title but based on the page 3 Atlas image

and game's current iteration that is what I have taken to calling itzb7XgP0P_o.png) & I don't think said

Korean company has ever made a huge stink about fan art, even when done for profit.

As long as you take enough time off from writing and drawing that comic about knife-ear

protagonists to have time to write and draw this other comic... about a knife-ear protagonist. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

I've been calling the CoH comic just 'Homecoming', personally, although it has occurred to me now that I never really stated that was its formal title. And yeah, I figured the community here would be more invested in a CoH comic that's been running longer and is familiar and relevant to their niche interest (AND has cameos of folks in it!) than a random fantasy comic that's 1.5 pages in so far. 

But yeah, no worries. Still going with this. I have cool ideas for both the main plot and a few character sub-plots, and I like where it's going. I have the next page thumbnailed, I just haven't had as much time to draw this week due to Life getting in the way. 

AND I'm going to have to run some cover ideas past folks, soon. Cuz the next page is going to be the last page of the 'issue'. (At which point I'm starting on the next 'issue'. Don't freak out.)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later

DeeDee checking in!

In the few times that I visit these forums, I am always very happy to see updates on your comic @ToxinFox!
I'm loving the little Bing vs the Monkey cameos 😂.

Also hooray and thank you for another comic! I read all the pages in one go too 😊. I'll add them to my "check up on this later" list.

Stay awesome!

• Like 2

DDLU21.jpg.d32d788cc9a9ad28e1d0bd53f83c1e5d.jpg

New art!! You remember that Seth guy she was avoiding? Yeah.... about that...

(I wanted to have this piece up several days ago, but in the span of the past month, my car, phone, and scanner all horked themselves, so I've been dealing with replacing and reconfiguring a new scanner! Seems okay so far.)

22.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Yemen, you're right. It's not like if you asked she would say "Iran

over to see Seth first chance I got" and we know Nyx hasn't

even Benin Paragon City in years and clearly Moldova

her options before deciding to get lunch first. bdD2kT31_o.gif

• Haha 3

07K1tHnz_o.png

33 minutes ago, DJ1 said:

LOL at least she'll get a combo meal out of it.

Yeah I'm sure Nyx is Hungary but she's probably Ghana have

to take it Togo if she doesn't want to deal with this Turkey. E9rkOkuW_o.gif

• Haha 3

07K1tHnz_o.png