ToxinFox's Mostly-Marker Art

ToxinFox

On 2/26/2020 at 5:32 PM, ToxinFox said:

New page!

(Nyx's pizza order is a version of my preferred custom order. Pineapple-haters can keep their opinions to themselves. XD)

doesnt everyone put pineapple on theyre pizza? Thought that was standard. :p

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

This latest page does rather invoke a question in me:  What social factors exist in this setting which has people wearing what would be defined as fetishwear in our world, rather than entirely practical and professional attire?

I know the out-of-character reason for it.  But within the context of the setting, what in-universe justification is there for people running around in such outfits.  It's a sociological and cultural question which I find deeply fascinating.

If there's a canon reason, I don't know it. My personal theory is that it's kind of like the bright colors some poisonous animals have-- it's a warning to anything looking at them and thinking of tangling with them: "Hey. I'm dangerous. Mess with me at your own risk." 

Hero, villain, or random Joe on the street can reasonably assume that the outlandishly dressed person wearing spandex and a cape probably has superpowers, and that might make that person a potential ally, adversary/problem/not a good target for a purse-snatching, or a potential rescuer/safe person to turn to for help, respectively. 

I mean, think about it. Would those Skulls still have tried to shake Nyx down for money if she'd answered the door wearing THAT? They're dumb, but they're not that dumb. 

Although that makes one wonder: is it considered at best unwise and at worst deceptive and dangerous for *normal civilians* to wear superhero outfits for fun? Like, is cosplay a terrible, awful, dangerous idea in Paragon? What if you're coming home from a convention or a costume party and a villain picks a fight with you because beating up a hero will give him street cred? You're a normal shlub, you don't have a medi-porter, to say nothing of superpowers...

So many questions...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later

It has been done quite a bit. 07K1tHnz_o.png

The little boy in Iron Man II (later confirmed to be Peter Parker) getting rescued by

Iron Man while wearing his helm and glove and standing up to a Hammer drone comes to mind.

Used properly though it's still a great story telling device and a fun way to show a connection to the city and it's people.

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

Not sure but I think that's the other kid from Iron Man III who helps Tony

re-power his suit IIRC, it's been a while since I've seen 3, not one of my favorite MCU films.

Anywho before this tangent gets too far off topic, yay costume!

I'm looking forward to finding out what form her "unpleasant surprise" will take. zb7XgP0P_o.png

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

I've got two more panels to color, and then I have to scan, piece it together in Photoshop, color-correct, and add text, but I *should* have it up later tonight. Might be pretty late, though, especially for East Coasters/non-Americans. 

I am *loving* the way the colors are coming out, though, and dear god did I miss her costume. Even WITH drawing all of that black leather. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are so many things I could say about this page, from 'I love how the colors came out' to 'I adore these doofy Skulls', to 'sharp-eyed readers who are very familiar with Nyx will not only know why she laughed at the phrase 'two minds', but also notice she's missing part of her gear at the moment'. 

But mostly I'm just really happy with how it turned out! 😄

12.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

Well, after more delay than necessary (my household started a new Minecraft server... *sigh*...), here's the next page! I'll need to order more of my fancy paper soon, too, cuz I'm running out. I'm looking forward to the next page though, for a few reasons! 

14.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later