Vanguard Merits

borgking001a

No. It's all down to how well the league does.

If your league clears the bomb stage quickly, that obviously means more time in the pit. If you don't have anyone pulling from the three bomb areas into the pit, that's a lot of missed opportunity. You might have people going AFK, leeching or having computer malfunctions - enough of those and the damage output of the league drops. I'm sure there are other factors too.

If everyone is well behaved, coordinated and dishing out high damage, then you'll get more merits for sure. I don't think I've ever got as much as 1400.

2 minutes ago, quixoteprog said:

You only get merits if you or anyone on your TEAM, not the league, does damage to a Rikti. This could be caused by your more recent teams being composed of ATs that do less damage, or less AoE damage.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Vanguard_Merit

This, I didn't know. That's handy information.

Edited by Lines

1 hour ago, borgking001a said:

Did they nerf the amount of Vanguard Merits we receive during a MSR?  When I first got on a month ago, I'd get 1200-1400 VMs, now I get 800-1000.

Good afternoon.  I know that you've done a couple of the instanced Rikti mothership raid trials that I run, including last night.  Unfortunately, instanced Rikti mothership raid trials usually do not get the number of people as zone MSRs do for a few different reasons.  I'd really like to do instanced Rikti mothership raid trials with a full league every time, but that's just not realistic.  So, usually I'll run them with three or four teams.

Since there are fewer people in most of the instanced MSR trials that I run, there's fewer people shooting/slicing and dicing/stabbing Rikti, and fewer people dragging Rikti to the bowl.  This will result in fewer Vanguard merits than a MSR trial with a full league.

Last night, with 26 people in the league, I received 1,086 Vanguard merits.  That's not bad, IMO.  Especially considering that, pre-Incarnate abilities, the average Vanguard merit haul from a full MSR league was roughly 550 Vanguard merits.

Edited by Apparition