SR defense debuff resistance in evasion?

eknudson

Should I see defense debuff resistance from Evasion on my SR tank?  Paragonwiki says I should, and Mids' says I should, but in-game I don't seem to be seeing it.  I had a rather bad cascade failure on a recent Drowning in Blood trial where the shivan monsters had 95% ToHit on me and I was testing an alternate build. Powers / Combat Attributes does not show any DDR from Evasion.  Display bug, evasion shouldn't grant DDR, my understanding is wrong, or other bug?

Edit-- watching it, evasion shows up but only part of the time. It's not consistently increasing my debuff resistance according to the display. 

Capture.PNG

image.png

Edited by eknudson
  • Thanks 3

Nice catch!

Edit:

Checked on my scrapper: evasion is solid for 21.8% DDR.

Checked on my brute: evasion is solid for 22.13% DDR.

Checked on my tank: evasion is bbbbbbbbROKEN, phasing in and out for 27.25% DDR with no change if enemies are around or not. I should note, however, that even with it gone, my tank sits at 94.51% instead of 95% so I doubt this was the cause of the OP's cascading defense failure. Edit2: Nevermind. From the screenshots, I can tell that he's not slotted up fully.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Nice catch!

Edit:

Checked on my scrapper: evasion is solid for 21.8% DDR.

Checked on my brute: evasion is solid for 22.13% DDR.

Checked on my tank: evasion is bbbbbbbbROKEN, phasing in and out for 27.25% DDR with no change if enemies are around or not. I should note, however, that even with it gone, my tank sits at 94.51% instead of 95% so I doubt this was the cause of the OP's cascading defense failure. Edit2: Nevermind. From the screenshots, I can tell that he's not slotted up fully.

My tank is only level 23, so I'm still running SOs in my defensive powers-- this build has 3 defense SO's in each toggle, 2 in dodge, 2 in agile, and 1 in lucky.  I think my DDR should be at about 75% at this level-- haven't tracked this as I moved up in level but DDR must go up as I level because I won't be adding much defense in my core SR powers. 

The build I took into DiB is showing 52% DDR and it looks like it should be at 70%.  It may or may not have made a difference, but I can certainly say that it was a VERY frustrating DiB watching my tank get smacked around and held to death repeatedly through practiced brawler!  I don't ordinarily run multiple builds but I wanted to see how a fairly defensive, team-oriented build might fare that took all the powers to soft cap defense at level 22 would fare in the early TFs.

• Like 1

The only difference I can see between the Tanker and Scrapper versions while not at home (besides the Taunt) is that the Tanker version's PvE +Def(AoE) activates for 2.25s every 0.5s, while every other effect lasts 0.75s. The Scrapper version's effects are all set to activate for 0.75s every 0.5s. Is it possible that the timing of the +Def(AoE) is throwing off the other effects of the power?

If so, you'd only see this have an effect on the Res(Def) in PvE, as the PvP effects (the Def(AoE) again and AoE Elusivity) also activate for 0.75s every 0.5s. Can someone test if the Res(Def) correctly works on a PvP map?

Also the Brute version of Evasion is set up for every effect to activate every 2s for 2.25s (instead of every 0.5s for 0.75s like the Scrapper version), except that the AoE Elusivity it gains in PvP only lasts 0.75s, so that is also a bug.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

20 minutes ago, eknudson said:

I took my tank into Siren's Call and checked there and I still did not see any DDR from Evasion.

Well, I'll see if I can see any differences between them all in better detail whenever I'm home.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

4 hours ago, eknudson said:

Also, does anybody know the formula for SR's DDR by level?

Just went to verify the DDR per level.

Toggles start at 7.5% DDR at level 1 and gain 0.2% per level.  Passives start at 3.75% at level 1 and gain 0.1% per level.  These values are enhanceable.

Here are the level 1, 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 DDR values before enhancement (toggle/passive):

1.   7.5/3.75

10.  9.3/4.65

20.   11.3/5.65

30.   13.3/6.65

40.   15.3/7.65

50.   17.3/8.65

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later

Figured I would follow up on this here instead of in the massive Patch thread.

I created a new SR/ Tanker on Beta to test this out.  I fully slotted with attuned Defense set IOs at each level 10,20,30,40,50 to try to max out Defense and DDR.

Here are the results:

L10 = 34.75% DDR (blue) = capped DDR for this level

L20 = 51.16% DDR (blue) = capped DDR for this level

L30 = 67.56% DDR (blue) = capped DDR for this level

L40 = 83.96% DDR (blue) = capped DDR for this level

L50 = 95.00% DDR (blue) = capped DDR period

So, we see an increase in the cap of 1.64% per level.  A point of note is that we should actually hit the 95% DDR cap at level 47 (83.96 @ 40 + 1.64*7 = 95.44).

So, here are the DDR caps at each 5 level bracket:

L10 = 34.76%

L15 = 42.96%

L20 = 51.16%

L25 = 59.36%

L30 = 67.56%

L35 = 75.76%

L40 = 83.96%

L45 = 92.16%

L47+ = 95%

edit:  Figured out how to get SOs at level 10 to enhance defense enough to cap L10 DDR.

Edited by Caulderone