Wishful Thinking: Nerf AND Buff Kinetics.

Wavicle

I have no illusions that this will ever happen, but here's my suggestion:

Lower the +Damage of Fulcrum Shift.

Add +Regen +Damage and a small +Defense bonus to Inertial Reduction.

It'll never happen, but I think it would be an improvement.

EDIT: Instead of +Regen, give IR an amount of +Dam almost equal to what is taken from FS. This keeps overall performance almost identical to current, but moves some of that power earlier so the set isn't so reliant on FS.

Edited by Wavicle

2 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I have no illusions that this will ever happen, but here's my suggestion:

Lower the +Damage of Fulcrum Shift.

Add +Regen and a small +Defense bonus to Inertial Reduction.

It'll never happen, but I think it would be an improvement.

So basically remove what most teams want and replace it with what they don't need.   Gotcha.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Infinitum said:

So basically remove what most teams want and replace it with what they don't need.   Gotcha.

Yes, pretty much.  Making the set better on smaller, and lower level, teams and a little worse on large teams. Exactly.

Edited by Wavicle

3 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

So basically removing what makes it successful in an epic way?

Ok, how about this:

What if instead of my above suggestion it was:

Take some of the +Dam out of FS

Add a similar amount of +Dam to IR, along with a little +Def?

So keep the +Dam of the set nearly the same, but have some more of it come earlier.

6 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Ok, how about this:

What if instead of my above suggestion it was:

Take some of the +Dam out of FS

Add a similar amount of +Dam to IR, along with a little +Def?

So keep the +Dam of the set nearly the same, but have some more of it come earlier.

Why bother with a zero sum thats basically a 2 click penalty then?

Just now, Galaxy Brain said:

@Wavicle, what is the overall goal you want to accomplish with this?

Dont want to come off as condescending, more just curious as to what will improve and why

Not condescending at all, I understand the question.

The goal is to distribute power more evenly across the set so it is less dependent on FS.  Also, to give it slightly more defensive capability, but not much.

If you are trying to figure out how to make Inertial Reduction, Repel and Increase Density more useful I'm listening.

Distributing power evenly.. man, it's a busy how do I keep all the buffs going set already.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Just now, Troo said:

If you are trying to figure out how to make Inertial Reduction, Repel and Increase Density more useful I'm listening.

Distributing power evenly.. man, it's a busy how do I keep all the buffs going set already.

Thats my issue here, why split FS up when it functions well as is - by dividing its utility across 2 or 3 powers making it necessary for a 3 click buff to accomplish what a 1 click buff does now.

6 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Thats my issue here, why split FS up when it functions well as is - by dividing its utility across 2 or 3 powers making it necessary for a 3 click buff to accomplish what a 1 click buff does now.

Yea, that's the nerf part.

Let's assume that Repel gets buffed in a separate pass.  That's why I didn't mention it.

Sorry to double post but further, kinetics powers are not lacking, as they each have a function.

I don't take them all on every kin toon, but there's no need to change repel now that we have KB>KD and ID is fine when I want a toon that skips jump. In fact a super speed toon can basically get SJ as a kin.

Edited by SwitchFade
  • Thanks 1

It makes no sense to give inertial reduction a damage buff.  It would make more sense, IMO, to give it a bot of an absorb effect.  Maybe give transfusion a bit of a -dmg to the affected enemy and +dmg to allies affected.  Maybe give siphon power a bit of +res to allies and -res to enemies.  These things would be an overall buff, though, so I don't know what you would to to counterbalance it, besides nerfing FS...

5 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Yea, that's the nerf part.

Let's assume that Repel gets buffed in a separate pass.  That's why I didn't mention it.

But repel doesn't need a buff, FS doesn't need a nerf.

Its all functioning as intended.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, biostem said:

It makes no sense to give inertial reduction a damage buff.  It would make more sense, IMO, to give it a bot of an absorb effect.  Maybe give transfusion a bit of a -dmg to the affected enemy and +dmg to allies affected.  Maybe give siphon power a bit of +res to allies and -res to enemies.  These things would be an overall buff, though, so I don't know what you would to to counterbalance it, besides nerfing FS...

Again, part of the goal is explicitly to justify nerfing FS.

But like I said, I don't expect this to happen. More like a suggestion of what SHOULD have been done from the start.

1 minute ago, Wavicle said:

Again, part of the goal is explicitly to justify nerfing FS.

But like I said, I don't expect this to happen. More like a suggestion of what SHOULD have been done from the start.

The just do what I suggested, along with nerfing FS...

Just now, Wavicle said:

Yea, it does.  And I expect it will eventually happen. Repel, Detention Field/Sonic Cage, a couple other powers here and there, will almost certainly get improved at some point by the HC team.

Change it to a PBAoE knockdown toggle.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Yea, it does.  And I expect it will eventually happen. Repel, Detention Field/Sonic Cage, a couple other powers here and there, will almost certainly get improved at some point by the HC team.

If you saw me use it you wouldnt think it needs a buff.  I'm worse than a singularity.