I now like stalker specifically because I have to wait for hidden

DougGraves

I normally play tankers so I can team or solo.  But for soloing contacts I decided to try a scrapper.  I died a lot.  It turns out they are not nearly as tough as tankers, even at level 10.  And with scrapperlock I just keep going forward until I die.

But stalkers, whom I have never liked because you stop and wait for hidden - I don't die while playing.  Because I stop and wait for hidden.  No scrapperlock on stalkers.  I play smart instead of thinking I'm a tanker.

So for the first time I am really enjoying playing a stalker.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, VileTerror said:

Have you tasted the sweet fruit which is the Hide On Attack Proc from one of the Stalker ATO Sets?

Indeed Hide on Attack proc from the ATOs is a massive game changer on stalkers. tis a sweet forbidden fruit indeed.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Remember to slot it in Assassin's strke. This lets your opening combo be Build up>AS>proc goes off and you back into hide>hardest hitting attack you have. On certain combos this lets you take off like half to a third of an Elite bosses health in two hits.

Ever since they made the changes to Stalkers, I quite enjoy them.  What people aren't really talking about (and that's fine) is that they are the true damage kings - single target anyway. 

I had a blast playing my Electric Melee/Shield Stalker from 1-50.  She is a beast. Those Stalker ATOs mentioned above are game-changers, indeed.

My main back on Live was a stalker, and in some kind of deference to him I haven't really played another since HC started*.  I mean, I have one, but she's not taken a lot of my attention.  So I have tried those ATOs yet, do they really make that much of a difference?  How much do they retail for on the AH?

*I also can't remake him because he was an Energy melee, which is sucky these days I'm told.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 minute ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

My main back on Live was a stalker, and in some kind of deference to him I haven't really played another since HC started*.  I mean, I have one, but she's not taken a lot of my attention.  So I have tried those ATOs yet, do they really make that much of a difference?  How much do they retail for on the AH?

*I also can't remake him because he was an Energy melee, which is sucky these days I'm told.

Both of them make a huge difference.  It's like stalkers get an extra 2 inherent powers.

The chance to hide proc means that about half the time (ish), when you use assassin's strike (in slow or fast mode), you become hidden again and can immediately follow up with a guaranteed crit on your second strongest attack.

The build up proc gives all of your powers a chance to recharge build up.  It checks on each target so AoEs are pretty likely to reset it.  Build Up -> AS -> free critl is really strong no matter which set you're using. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DougGraves said:

I found an alt with 100 merits and bought one.

You should never buy ATO's with merits. 100 merits can be turned into about 22-24 million influence by selling converters on the AH.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

9 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I ended up leaving the game well before sundown due to life reasons. So I never got to experience the updated stalkers on live. 

Let’s just say they are 1000% better now. Especially if you already liked them. Except perhaps energy melee. 

The assassins focus, out of stealth assassins strike change, and the stalker ATOs really beefed up the damage of stalkers. And made the combat faster.

Both sets of ATOs are awesome. Stalkers guile gives you the hide proc. Put that in assassins strike always. Assassins Mark gives all of your attacks a chance to finish the cooldown on build up. 

Id say a safe budget for each enhancement in both sets is 7-9m.