Force of Thunder (Elec manipulation)

Pzn

I love the elec secondary for blasters but the sustain power is incredibly awkward to use compared to the other secondaries.  When I first saw the power I thought it looked great since it had a 30 second base recharge with a 60 second duration.  I assumed this meant you were intended to stack it.  However, using it again just refreshes the duration of the buff instead of stacking it.  Activating the power also causes travel power suppression even when outside of combat, which makes it very inconvenient to put on auto fire.  I would like either the duration of the buff to be increased or the travel power suppression outside of combat removed.  I wish that the sustain power was lightning field, similar to cauterizing aura.  But if it's going to be on a click hand-clap power the duration should at least be longer to match toggle powers with 100% uptime.

I love the way it works currently. You don't really need it on autofire outside of combat, and in even in combat it works wonderfully when you open with it--just make sure you drop a KB to KD conversion IO into it.

Electric as a secondary is pretty much the best blapper choice, and Force of Thunder is a big part of that reason. It even accepts a pretty colorful amount of procs, including Theft of Essence and Force Feedback.

• Like 1

like Energize, it's a bit unique compared to bland always-on sustains ...& can add a lot to a build if you're creative. 15ft auto-hit mini proc bomb (2=140dmg), with KD & Stun mitigation, 5sec of 100% +Rech, great +Regen, and all the Recovery you should need.

why do we keep trying to make all sets & powers the same?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Krazie Ivan said:

15ft auto-hit mini proc bomb (2=140dmg), with KD & Stun mitigation, 5sec of 100% +Rech, great +Regen, and all the Recovery you should need.

Is it auto-hit?  I know the +regen and +recov is auto, but I thought the power still had to hit for the Stun and KB components?

Edited by Caulderone

You need acc to hit mobs but the sustain part is autohit.

I love it and see no need to change it but if I were taking an unbiased approach to the power I can see making it like mystic flight with the sustain portion as a toggle and the mitigation part as a click once the toggle is tuned on.

The problem I have with some of the toggle sustains is that they also act as an aggro aura and attracts unwanted attention when I'm stealthing. It's easy enough to turn it off and on but we are all lazy in our own ways 😋

• Like 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

29 minutes ago, Nemu said:

You need acc to hit mobs but the sustain part is autohit.

I love it and see no need to change it but if I were taking an unbiased approach to the power I can see making it like mystic flight with the sustain portion as a toggle and the mitigation part as a click once the toggle is tuned on.

The problem I have with some of the toggle sustains is that they also act as an aggro aura and attracts unwanted attention when I'm stealthing. It's easy enough to turn it off and on but we are all lazy in our own ways 😋

I would just like to see the buff duration increased to 90 seconds or 2 minutes.  It's already perma out of the box, I don't see the harm in extending the duration since it doesn't stack.

Slap a sudden acceleration KB to KD in it

first two slots can be heal or end

I love this power because its quick to activate, does not intrude on my costume and no, it does not always need to be on

I keep mine on the third hotbar in the first slot so I can CTRL+1 it when needed

4 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Slap a sudden acceleration KB to KD in it

first two slots can be heal or end

I love this power because its quick to activate, does not intrude on my costume and no, it does not always need to be on

I keep mine on the third hotbar in the first slot so I can CTRL+1 it when needed

I agree that it's already a great power.  I have mine slotted with 5 procs/1 end mod IO.  The only reason I'd like the buff duration increased is so that it's up more often when you're outside of combat.  The travel suppression it causes is the only reason I find the duration too short anyway.  Really annoying to activate between spawns when you're low on endurance only to slow down to a crawl.