The account name or password that you have entered is incorrect.

mickeyrayve96

Is this your first time ever trying to log in to the game?

You're using the username/password you put in on the Account Center -> Game Account page?

Try resetting your game account password, in case you typed it / had capslock on / etc

On 3/23/2020 at 12:41 PM, mickeyrayve96 said:

Still no freaking access!  No I didn't type in the wrong damn info.  Guess this game is no longer worth playing, like it was 8 years ago.  

Most likely you are entering the wrong credentials. If you'd be willing to calm down and provide more info, someone might be able to help you solve your problem. But if you just want to give up without trying, that's your call.

It's not giving up when you can't even access the game.  The credentials are correctly entered and this is what I get regardless how many times I enter them.  I don't appreciate my integrity being questioned 3 times over something that is clearly a result in a bug on your end.  

Capture.PNG

Hopefully this comes out the way I intend it to...

First lets confirm something(s):

1) Locate the Tequila shortcut and right click on it

1518888761_rightclicktequila.png.b42091e1f6947ffa9af77d5e1c33d317.png

2) Click on the "Open file location" option

3) When the new window opens, scroll up until you get to the top of the list

1399826453_TequilaScroll.png.2e3d5cfa3c20184fa8c4fe648b92cbb5.png

4) Now take a look at the list of folders in the window, ignore the ones I've labeled, and any remaining folders SHOULD be your user folder / Global Name (you may have more than one if you have several accounts like me)

912156428_Tequilafolders.jpg.9c7486fbbc2a12c73b296abfb47e41f3.jpg

5) Leave that folder in the background for now and go back to the forums

6) At the top of the forums you need to click the "Account Center" category and choose "Game Account"

431555129_Forum-gamename.png.08e95a4c4cf0b58cb4cb9db0a9a9a363.png

7) This will open the page where you can both Confirm your Game Account User Name as well as letting you change the password (go ahead and do that while you're here, even if it's the same as what you think it was). Note: You must be logged into the Forum account from which this was originally created. Further trouble with this should be directed to the Devs in the form of a support ticket to assist identifying what your info really is.

154602170_Passwordreset.png.9f7e6e0a436c743b50204f5d423a101e.png

8) Now, to Verify that what you have been putting for your login before matches what it actually Has been, then this last picture (right above) should match the name of the folder you found in Step 4 above. If NOT, then that's the problem (unless that's what you've been putting in for some reason) and you'll need to make a ticket to sort it out.

Lazy Login Trick:

So assuming that you don't need to do a ticket or you've already sorted the Game Account's User Name out, then here's a neat trick to avoid things like "wait, did I fat finger that?" or "was that capitol?". Also, this assumes that you don't have more than one person who plays on the computer or you don't have another account (because then you'll have to blank out the login at the splash screen every time).

1) Bring that Tequila folder back, the one from Step 4. Right Click next to a file (not a folder!) and select "New -> Text Document"

1041606349_TequilaNewTXT.thumb.png.632c3a3b75267847842f0974f3c69582.png

2) Label the document "resume_info" and open the file to edt. Note: the full filename should read "resume_info.txt" as shown (no quotes!)

43866616_tequilaresume.png.14ac6d467c580d32d39f0202c549a40c.png

3) Ok, so the Game Account User Name we identified should go on the first line. Press the Enter key to go to the next line and type the password you set it to above. Save and close the file. You can close anything else you don't need at this point as well.

439101402_resumedetails.png.3abdca6c7acce1bafd22ac1a0ba2da89.png

4) Now, whenever you launch the game it will AUTOFILL the login info for you so that all you've got to do is click the login button (Hitting Enter works I think...maybe).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

19 hours ago, EmmySky said:

Excellent guide @WanderingAries

Except that last pic...instead of global account name that should be game account name.....you can change your global and, if it works like live, it sets your first toon as global name rather than using your game account name for that.

True, by the time I went through snapping things I was getting words tangled.

• Like 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)