Screenshot not editable

twospirited

on windows 10

nvidia gtx750 (if that means anything)

had mcafee, now back to windows defender.

when i take a screenshot, and try to crop or edit in MS photo's, it won't let me save the file.

as shown below, it gives the error "oops! we couldn't save this one."

i checked the file properties. and it shows it's blocked, and reverts to that even after checking Unblock as given in attached pic.

this occurs, even after doing a reinstall of the game to D:\My Games\Homecoming (for initial and reinstall) so it's physically a seperate drive from my OS drive.

which btw, was another side issue, i checked the tequila installer, and it comes up blocked, but remains unblocked once i begin the install.

screenshot properties 2.png

screenshot properties.png

5 hours ago, twospirited said:

yes, only optio i had to edit was to first load in paint, save as to another folder than edit in ms photos, it's a work around, but it's a tedious one

I usually just move the screenshots I want to keep/edit to a Pics sub-folder and edit them there. CoH's screenshots folder can grow rather large, given enough time.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I posted about this a few months ago, and yeah, it's still not solved. Something weird seems to happen to the permissions on random screenshots that are made with the game's built-in screenshot function and saved to the default Screenshots folder.

Just moving them to another folder doesn't seem to fix anything. I've stopped using the in-game screenshot function and now just use the screenshot feature of my Geforce Experience software.

• 2 months later

Is the game still open while trying to edit the screenie?

It's possible the process isn't releasing the file...

Also, see if your user has rights to that folder.

Right-click on the folder, select Properties, select Security tab.
Make sure your user is SPECIFICALLY in there and give it "full control".
Some people'll tell you "Read/Write is enough."
NOT ALWAYS!

See if that fixes the problem.

If not, open up a command prompt (DOS) Window as Administrator.

Follow these instructions.

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!