let AH work inside base

MsSmart

Let me help cure your ills.

1st step. Stop crafting. Yep you heard me. I mean why bother. Sell everything you find of any value. liquidate merits for inf, and buy attuned IO sets that can be hand me downed to future alts after you fine tune and trick out their capped build.

thanks to number 1, the answer for number 2 becomes clear. Dont bother storing salvage. Instead use a base empowerment station regularly to keep salvage from maxxing out. Sell rare salvage when found for a nice little burst of inf.

3. Enchancment storage becomes only for those hand me downed attuned sets you have now. which are way way better for leveling with then any other option. Only my first toon struggled on HC. Since then every toon starts getting tricked out early by my collection of attuned sets Ive built up.

And boom, your now free to play the game and not spend time crafting, sorting, and can just have fun.

Very unlikely to happen. The bases are 'instanced' just like door missions (and public zones); I seem to recall there was an explanation of how using the /AH has to be constructed for each instanced map it is used in, and that there simply aren't the resources to do this for every map.

I'm not sure why AH doesn't work in the PVP zones,

Just now, Bentley Berkeley said:

Let me help cure your ills.

1st step. Stop crafting. Yep you heard me. I mean why bother. Sell everything you find of any value. liquidate merits for inf, and buy attuned IO sets that can be hand me downed to future alts after you fine tune and trick out their capped build.

Not good advice, and it doesn't particularly address the potential issue that the player may want to 'buy attuned IO sets' while in their SG base. The OP's request is a very natural one and it is unfortunate that this simple request can't be met because of technical limitations. It is also possible that some players are using the AH for storage.

More inf can be made by crafting and converting dropped recipes (especially those below lvl 50) than by simply 'liquidating merits'. You certainly can just buy ingredients on the AH, but using some storage racks (and a vault, and a free crafting workstation) in a SG base to accumulate them is perfectly natural and viable thing to do. Writing only for myself: I find that my Purple/PVP recipe drops tend to go in cycles about which rare ingredients are needed; 2 racks for rares is all I need to keep the supply chain going. My SG base also has the racks for common/uncommon salvage just to make life easier.

As described, my SG storage tables are storing some hand-me-down attuned sets, but for the most part they hold crafted Purple or PVP IOs. Inf isn't an issue for my toons, but it is so much nicer to have the pieces I want for lvl 50 builds just waiting for them.

33 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

1) Sell everything you find of any value.

2) Sell rare salvage when found for a nice little burst of inf.

3) Only my first toon struggled on HC. Since then every toon starts getting tricked out early by my collection of attuned sets Ive built up.

4) And boom, your now free to play the game and not spend time crafting, sorting, and can just have fun.

1) No wonder nobody buys my body anymore ...... 😢😔

2) Have at thee sir!  Here comes judgement from elitism!!  500-600k inf is a burst of soggy ramen noodles by level 50 fire farm standards.  By e-bill standards, 500 million+ inf collected from AH is a nice burst of inf.

3) Should you need hand me downs, just ask the UFC Charity For Chastity sub comittee. The UFC hosts Charity for Chastity events collecting hand-me-down IOs collected from the top 1% of the Ultra-Elite CoX players.  Community at its finest!

4) You know what's fun?  Clicking "Collect" from /AH and seeing the top of my inf hit the 2 billion cap by accident.  Hitting the tip *shiveeeeer* feels soooooooo good.  Yessssssss.....

Edited by Obus Form

38 minutes ago, tidge said:

Very unlikely to happen. The bases are 'instanced' just like door missions (and public zones); I seem to recall there was an explanation of how using the /AH has to be constructed for each instanced map it is used in, and that there simply aren't the resources to do this for every map.

I'm not sure why AH doesn't work in the PVP zones,

Specifically, the auction house is coded in such a way that viewing any part of it requires the mapserver loading the entire auction database into memory. (For the more technical minded, the problem is that the auction database is not a database at all but instead is just a huge chunk of plain text, as i understand it.) And this is true of each individual mapserver. Every city zone, every hazard zone, etc are all unique instances that must maintain unique copies of all that data plus keep it synchronized with all the others. As you might imagine this chews up a significant amount of memory on the server. In the beginning that wasn't a problem because the auction houses were only available in certain specific zones, so the original devs likely didn't consider it a drawback worth the effort to fix.

And then came /ah and now every zone had to load the auction data. And having it in city zones where a whole bunch of players in the zone can access the one copy held by that particular mapserver is bad enough. Allowing it in bases would mean the base instances have to have copies as well, often for just a single player at any given moment. It would cause the server as a whole to gobble vastly more memory than it needs to, thus it's restricted to open zones only.

As for it being disabled in PvP zones, that's an entirely different can of worms. That was done specifically because the PvP types were holding inspirations in auction slots and claiming them mid-fight to gain an advantage. The old live devs deemed this unfair and thus put a stop to it.

To the OP's actual suggestion, the answer is likely to forever be no. Or at least until time and resources are found to rebuild the auction house system to not have such ridiculous memory requirements.

To anyone else harboring the same desire, I understand. I do. Having /ah in bases would be cool. But posting this suggestion again and again will not change the avoid reasoning and the answer will stay the same, no matter how many times it's posted.

• Like 2

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?